Main Menu

What does a TRUMP presidency look like?

Started by FunkMonk, November 08, 2016, 11:02:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Razgovory

Quote from: Barrister on October 29, 2020, 02:28:09 PM
Quote from: Razgovory on October 29, 2020, 02:22:24 PM
Quote from: grumbler on October 29, 2020, 01:28:32 PM
The chances of the next Senate voting by a two-thirds majority to impeach Kavanaugh are nil, unless he does something overt.

I thought you only needed a simple majority for people who aren't the President.

Nope same rules as the President: majority in the house to impeach, 2/3 in the Senate to remove.

Yeah, I looked that up.  My mistake.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

The Larch

QuoteDonald J. Trump
@realDonaldTrump

If Sleepy Joe Biden is actually elected President, the 4 Justices (plus1) that helped make such a ridiculous win possible would be relegated to sitting on not only a heavily PACKED COURT, but probably a REVOLVING COURT as well. At least the many new Justices will be Radical Left!

Is he saying that the only way for Biden to win would be through a Supreme Court ruling?  :hmm:

Maladict

Who knows what he's saying? Or has been saying over the past few years.

I think he knows what's coming and will be relieved he doesn't have to do four more years of this.

DGuller

Quote from: The Larch on October 30, 2020, 06:19:13 AM
QuoteDonald J. Trump
@realDonaldTrump

If Sleepy Joe Biden is actually elected President, the 4 Justices (plus1) that helped make such a ridiculous win possible would be relegated to sitting on not only a heavily PACKED COURT, but probably a REVOLVING COURT as well. At least the many new Justices will be Radical Left!

Is he saying that the only way for Biden to win would be through a Supreme Court ruling?  :hmm:
He's reminding the Supreme Court that if they let Biden be elected, they will lose power.

Razgovory

I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

The Minsky Moment

Today's NYT article confirmed what was suspected - that Trump interfered with a criminal investigation into violations of Iran sanctions by a Turkish bank because Erdogan threatened Trump's property interests in Turkey.  After the US attorney for New York refused to dump the case, he was fired in retaliation.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

The Minsky Moment

For those keeping track that is quid pro quo bribery and multiple instances of obstruction of justice.  Not that criminality in a President matters anymore.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

Caliga

0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

HisMajestyBOB

Quote from: The Minsky Moment on October 30, 2020, 10:53:53 AM
For those keeping track that is quid pro quo bribery and multiple instances of obstruction of justice.  Not that criminality in a President matters anymore.

Yes, but did Trump explicitly say, "I am doing this as quid pro quo bribery in violation of the law"? If not, then it's likely not bribery according to the Supreme Court.
Three lovely Prada points for HoI2 help

PDH

Quote from: HisMajestyBOB on October 30, 2020, 12:52:44 PM
Quote from: The Minsky Moment on October 30, 2020, 10:53:53 AM

Yes, but did Trump explicitly say, "I am doing this as quid pro quo bribery in violation of the law"? If not, then it's likely not bribery according to the Supreme Court.

And besides, Kavanaugh heard that Vermont said it was okay to do.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

Zanza

Quote from: Zanza on November 08, 2016, 11:13:35 PM
America gives up on the Pax Americana of the last 70 years and the international institutions it championed to implement the globalised world.
So four years later, this actually happened. Was a simple prediction, but it is bad that it became true.  :(

The Brain

Hopefully the US can accept its status as an ex-superpower more gracefully than Russia did. :)
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Razgovory

Trump is now demanding that FBI stop investigating his supporters who commit crimes.

The Brain

What are the limits to Presidential pardons? I know they can be for any and all Federal crimes, and you don't need to specify them. I guess the crimes have to be in the past, or is it possible to pardon forward? Do pardons need to specify named individuals or is it possible to blanket pardon groups of people?
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Caliga

I think we're about to find out.  Assuming Trump loses, I fully expect him to try to pardon himself right before he leaves office. :sleep:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points