News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

What does a TRUMP presidency look like?

Started by FunkMonk, November 08, 2016, 11:02:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syt

Btw, how much of a security threat are Trump and his administration if they have to leave office? I mean, they have access to all kinds of classified information and some of them might look to make a buck or two after their job ends. *cough*Trump*cough*
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

DGuller

I don't even want to think about what would happen if Trump is a lame duck for 2.5 months.  I hope that he'll negotiate an early exit somehow in exchange for legal protection.  It would suck to let him off, but this is a nuclear superpower we're talking about.

Sheilbh

Quote from: Oexmelin on October 26, 2020, 11:37:21 PM
Packing the court was quite a radical option once. I am not sure it is anymore. Everyone I know knew the fight was lost anyway and she would be confirmed. The arguments about the undue influence of Republicans representing a minority of Americans are making inroads.
Yeah. And this time for years ago when it looked like Hilary would win Republicans, including McCain (though his spokesman softened his position on this), were saying they would not approve any judge by her and hold the court at 8 members for four years. So it's not like this is the first time in recent years we've seen people considering re-sizing the court.
Let's bomb Russia!

The Brain

Quote from: DGuller on October 27, 2020, 02:09:09 AM
I don't even want to think about what would happen if Trump is a lame duck for 2.5 months.  I hope that he'll negotiate an early exit somehow in exchange for legal protection.  It would suck to let him off, but this is a nuclear superpower we're talking about.

An early exit? What do you mean by that?
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Maximus

Quote from: The Brain on October 27, 2020, 02:42:14 AM
Quote from: DGuller on October 27, 2020, 02:09:09 AM

An early exit? What do you mean by that?
His own words were "second amendment solutions" I believe.

I'm not the least bit surprised about Murkowski. I'm more surprised about Collins. I guess she's really feeling the heat.

DGuller

JFC, no, I didn't mean 2nd amendment solutions.  :rolleyes:  I meant either agreement for him to resign way before January 20 in exchange for something, or much less realistically being 25th amended.

Syt

https://twitter.com/atrupar/status/1321142155721793539?s=20

Quote"It would be very, very proper and very nice if a winner were declared on Nov. 3, instead of counting ballots for two weeks, which is totally inappropriate, and I don't believe that's by our laws." -- Trump (In fact tallying all the ballots is consistent with the law.)
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

FunkMonk

Quote from: Syt on October 27, 2020, 01:20:58 PM

Quote"It would be very, very proper and very nice if a winner were declared on Nov. 3, instead of counting ballots for two weeks, which is totally inappropriate, and I don't believe that's by our laws." -- Trump (In fact tallying all the ballots is consistent with the law.)

This will be quoted eternally if at midnight Joe Biden is ahead in enough states to win the election.
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

The Minsky Moment

Quote from: FunkMonk on October 27, 2020, 01:39:15 PM

This will be quoted eternally if at midnight Joe Biden is ahead in enough states to win the election.

And to no effect.  Why would Trump or his cultists think they need to maintain any kind of logical consistency?
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

Syt

Quote from: The Minsky Moment on October 27, 2020, 01:42:07 PM
Quote from: FunkMonk on October 27, 2020, 01:39:15 PM

And to no effect.  Why would Trump or his cultists think they need to maintain any kind of logical consistency?

I think this was made very clear wrt the Supreme Court.
—Stephen Jay Gould

The Minsky Moment

And in the "which candidate is supposed to be senile?" department:

QuoteDonald J. Trump
@realDonaldTrump

@FoxNews
is playing Obama's no crowd, fake speech for Biden, a man he could barely endorse because he couldn't believe he won. Also, I PREPAID many Millions of Dollars in Taxes.

The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

Barrister

Remember the anonymous person who wrote a NYT editorial, and then later a book, about how anonymous and others working within the Trump administration were trying to keep the country safe by thwarting many of Trump's crazier ideas?

Apparently he or she is going public today.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

The Brain

Good. The Nuremberg hangman is getting impatient. "I stuck close to the source of power in order to guide the Führer towards a gentler course." Lol as if.

Razgovory

Jared Kushner is a profoundly stupid man.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

The Brain