News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

What does a TRUMP presidency look like?

Started by FunkMonk, November 08, 2016, 11:02:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sheilbh

Quote from: Admiral Yi on October 19, 2020, 02:36:07 AM
That picture is perfect.  It should go in the history books.
It's art - incredible :lol:
Let's bomb Russia!

The Larch

Las Vegas might be the least churchy place int he world.

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

The Larch

Barrister

So I was talking with my dad on the phone yesterday.  He mentioned watching the news so I asked him what he thought of Trump.  I knew he was Trump-friendly before, but he's 100% on board the Trump train.  That he liked Trump wasn't a surprise, but that he went over the Trump talking points right away: that Biden was too old, that Biden was corrupt, and he even mentioned the Hunter Biden story.

My dad lives in Canada.  We don't get Fox News.  Where does he even get this stuff?
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Grey Fox

Fox News is available here thru Videotron.

The CBC? They talk about Trump-Biden more than they talk about the BC elections.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

celedhring

Is your dad on social media? That's the most likely culprit.

Valmy

Quote from: Barrister on October 19, 2020, 10:58:54 AM
So I was talking with my dad on the phone yesterday.  He mentioned watching the news so I asked him what he thought of Trump.  I knew he was Trump-friendly before, but he's 100% on board the Trump train.  That he liked Trump wasn't a surprise, but that he went over the Trump talking points right away: that Biden was too old, that Biden was corrupt, and he even mentioned the Hunter Biden story.

My dad lives in Canada.  We don't get Fox News.  Where does he even get this stuff?

Trump has made all of his kids important figures in the US government, much less trading on his name to get some job in some East European country. That strikes me as much worse. Trump is also incredibly old and even more corrupt.

I don't understand how any of that has the President coming out looking any better.

Speaking of really old people in positions of power, Nancy Pelosi is 80 and her lieutenant Steny Hoyer is 81. I sure hope we find some youthful and spry 75 year olds to replace them with next session. And yes both should easily win re-election.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Valmy

Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Barrister

Quote from: celedhring on October 19, 2020, 11:03:58 AM

Not as far as I know.  I even double-checked Facebook and Twitter - nothing.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Valmy

Quote from: Barrister on October 19, 2020, 11:20:43 AM

It is the 21st century. Political talking points will get to you one way or the other.

crazy canuck

Quote from: Barrister on October 19, 2020, 10:58:54 AM

My bet is your dad is getting all this from social media.  I noticed the same thing with my dad around 2016 - he was saying things that were quite different from views he had before and sounded a lot more like Fox news headlines.  I had no idea where he was getting it from.  Then he showed me some posts from a Facebook group he had joined...

crazy canuck

Quote from: Barrister on October 19, 2020, 11:20:43 AM

Presumably your dad knows something about privacy settings.

Valmy

I had no idea they were even getting to Canadian dads. I have to hand it to the Republicans, they know how to appeal to their target demographic.

Somewhere is Estonia some middle aged professional visits his parents and has to endure a ten minute rant about the deep state from his dad.