News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

What does a TRUMP presidency look like?

Started by FunkMonk, November 08, 2016, 11:02:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sheilbh

The President is now citing stories from satirical websites (Babylon Bee is sort of a more conservative version of the Onion) :lol:
QuoteDonald J. Trump
@realDonaldTrump
· 29m
Twitter Shuts Down Entire Network To Slow Spread Of Negative Biden News https://babylonbee.com/news/twitter-shuts-down-entire-network-to-slow-spread-of-negative-biden-news
via @TheBabylonBee Wow, this has never been done in history. This includes his really bad interview last night. Why is Twitter doing this. Bringing more attention to Sleepy Joe & Big T
Let's bomb Russia!

The Brain

I think I trust the POTUS over a satirical website.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Barrister

Quote from: Sheilbh on October 16, 2020, 05:38:36 AM
The President is now citing stories from satirical websites (Babylon Bee is sort of a more conservative version of the Onion) :lol:

I wouldn't say Babylon Bee is conservative at all.

What it is though is it satirizes Christian news.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Habbaku

Babylon Bee is definitely conservative, they just don't pull punches on Trump.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Razgovory

Quote from: Barrister on October 16, 2020, 01:13:48 PM
Quote from: Sheilbh on October 16, 2020, 05:38:36 AM

I wouldn't say Babylon Bee is conservative at all.

What it is though is it satirizes Christian news.

That was my impression.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Razgovory

Trump said that if he loses he might have to flee the country.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Habbaku

The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Syt

Better pick a place without extradition treaty?
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

FunkMonk

If he doesn't like it he can go to Russia (he might).
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Liep

Quote from: FunkMonk on October 17, 2020, 09:16:50 AM
If he doesn't like it he can go to Russia (he might).

He would fit in fine alongside Depardieu and Seagal.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Admiral Yi

Is this the thread where we're discussing the Barnett nomination?  I can't remember.

Anyway, I looked up what Romney said, and it wasn't that he will vote in favor, but rather that he's in favor of a floor vote.

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

viper37

Quote from: Razgovory on October 17, 2020, 08:31:51 AM
Trump said that if he loses he might have to flee the country.
Hopefully, it would be Russia or North Korea. 
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Syt

Trump getting blessed at a church service in Las Vegas:

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Admiral Yi

That picture is perfect.  It should go in the history books.