News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

What does a TRUMP presidency look like?

Started by FunkMonk, November 08, 2016, 11:02:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

frunk

Has one of these medical condition dispatches ever said "the patient is miserable and pissed off."  You know, how I usually feel when I'm sick.

PDH

Maybe this is just the next part of his regular physical?   
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

Oexmelin

Should he croak, I so, so, so hope, that the propension of American media for pomp and circumstance will be kept in check. It's probably too much to hope for, though.

And yes, I imagine it would help the Republicans in the upcoming election. He would benefit both Trump's personality for the base that likes it (and wouldn't have time to disappoint them), the hardcore loyalty of the Republicans, and the reassurances that his wooden mannequin demeanor provides for "centrists" .
Que le grand cric me croque !

Tamas

I really don't want him to die. If we want just the slightest hope for the Qanon and general Trumpist madness to at least subside we need him defeated soundly in the election. Now that he is going to hospital the chance for that increased.

But if he dies now he becomes a Qanon martyr and his unpopularity with the country unproven to his base.

chipwich

mongers

So the virus of trumpism has caught a virus.  :hmm:
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Razgovory

If this kills him it should count as suicide.  I find it impossible to sympathize with him.  This is a the fate he brought to 200,000 Americans.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Habbaku

I don't care if he dies, but I don't want him to die until after the election.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

jimmy olsen

I think if he dies it will depress GOP turnout. The base is all in it for Trump
No one is a Pence fanatic.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

FunkMonk

My Hopefully Terrible and Completely Inaccurate Prediction: This administration will interpret Trump's Covid infection as an act of aggression (China virus!!!!!111) and launch a military strike on a minor Chinese military installation before the election.
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

11B4V

Hmmm, Trump positive, they pump him with an unapproved concoction, 30 or so days from the election.

Something smells....
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

HisMajestyBOB

Quote from: 11B4V on October 02, 2020, 07:44:13 PM
Hmmm, Trump positive, they pump him with an unapproved concoction, 30 or so days from the election.

Something smells....

Polonium is a totally normal COVID-19 treatment.  ;)
Three lovely Prada points for HoI2 help

Sheilbh

Quote from: Barrister on October 02, 2020, 03:28:41 PM
Trump's physician releases a note.  Trump is "fatigued but in good spirits".  He's received an antibody infusion, as well as some supplements, aspirin, and pepcid.  No other word about his symptoms.

Melania has a mild cough and headache.

https://twitter.com/maggieNYT/status/1312124050638995456
This is clearly bad. 24 hours, no tweets, cancelled a conference call, on from what I've read a cocktail of drugs and rushed to hospital. I don't think it sounds like a mild fever as they were saying earlier today.
Let's bomb Russia!

PDH

Too bad there isn't a military parade like he wanted.  That way we could gauge his health by how vigorously he waves at the passing troops.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

Valmy

Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."