News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

What does a TRUMP presidency look like?

Started by FunkMonk, November 08, 2016, 11:02:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barrister

Quote from: garbon on June 18, 2020, 05:41:37 PM
And so because of your own lack of knowledge you assume they picked it innocently?

Never ascribe to malice that which can also be explained by ignorance.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

11B4V

Quote from: Barrister on June 18, 2020, 02:38:59 PM
Quote from: alfred russel on June 18, 2020, 02:29:02 PM
What makes sense is that the administration doesn't really want to deport the dreamers (which would be disastrous politically), wants to show his base he tried, and wants to be able to highlight how important his reelection is so he can fix the supreme court undermining conservatives.

No, I think he wants to do this stuff.  He wants to build a wall, kick out dreamers, etc.  It's just Trump's administration is just bad at this stuff, and Trump doesn't want to be told "no".

:yes:
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Valmy

Quote from: Barrister on June 18, 2020, 06:39:41 PM
And so because of your own lack of knowledge you assume they picked it innocently?

So you saying Donald Trump thinks Canadian Tire is a terrorist front for Antifa?
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

11B4V

Quote from: Valmy on June 18, 2020, 07:40:33 PM
Quote from: Barrister on June 18, 2020, 06:39:41 PM

So you saying Donald Trump thinks Canadian Tire is a terrorist front for Antifa?

Well.... :lol:
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

merithyn

Quote from: alfred russel on June 17, 2020, 09:11:35 PM
Quote from: merithyn on June 17, 2020, 03:53:19 PM
Quote from: Sheilbh on June 17, 2020, 02:12:22 PM
So the stories are starting to come out of the Bolton book and they are bad :blink: :bleeding:

I still feel these may have been useful, if less profitable, during the impeachment hearings <_<

I ordered the book. How could I not?

You should cancel it. You know what Trump is. You don't need to make Bolton rich for not testifying during impeachment.

I paid $6 for the Kindle version. If that makes him rich, okay? Also, he was never subpoenaed, and still worked for Trump at the time.

Do I like the guy? No. Do I think he has something worth saying? Yes, yes I do.
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

Barrister

Quote from: merithyn on June 18, 2020, 08:36:07 PM
I paid $6 for the Kindle version. If that makes him rich, okay? Also, he was never subpoenaed, and still worked for Trump at the time.

Do I like the guy? No. Do I think he has something worth saying? Yes, yes I do.

FWIW, he didn't work for Trump during impeachment.  He quit/was fired September 9, 2019.  House asked him to attend hearings November 7, 2019, which he refused.

grumbler

The House never subpoenaed Bolton because Bolton refused to believe that the House had the authority to subpoena him, and told Schiff that he (Bolton) would fight the subpoena in court.  Schiff knew that the court fight would take longer than the impeachment probe could last, so decided not to bother with the subpoena.

Bolton's memoirs are, in my mind, almost useless.  Where he merely confirms what we already know to be true, he's redundant.  Where he is claiming new information, he is untrustworthy.  He's interested in selling a book and making money, not in reinforcing democracy against a threat to it.  He was perfectly happy to undermine the rule of law when he had the power to do so.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Barrister

Quote from: grumbler on June 18, 2020, 10:28:50 PM
The House never subpoenaed Bolton because Bolton refused to believe that the House had the authority to subpoena him, and told Schiff that he (Bolton) would fight the subpoena in court.  Schiff knew that the court fight would take longer than the impeachment probe could last, so decided not to bother with the subpoena.

Bolton's memoirs are, in my mind, almost useless.  Where he merely confirms what we already know to be true, he's redundant.  Where he is claiming new information, he is untrustworthy.  He's interested in selling a book and making money, not in reinforcing democracy against a threat to it.  He was perfectly happy to undermine the rule of law when he had the power to do so.

Hence why I said "House asked him to attend hearings".  I'm very familiar with subpoenas.

I disagree that Bolton is untrustworthy - I've read several think pieces about the man that say he may not be likeable, but he's very honest and keeps good notes.  That being said, everything new we've learned so far is entirely predictable from the very many other tell-all books and stories that have already come out of this Whitehouse.

grumbler

Quote from: Barrister on June 18, 2020, 10:40:38 PM
Hence why I said "House asked him to attend hearings".  I'm very familiar with subpoenas.

Hence why I didn't quote your statement as though I was disagreeing with it.

QuoteI disagree that Bolton is untrustworthy - I've read several think pieces about the man that say he may not be likeable, but he's very honest and keeps good notes.  That being said, everything new we've learned so far is entirely predictable from the very many other tell-all books and stories that have already come out of this Whitehouse.

And I've read several think pieces that point out how self-serving Bolton is in his book.  That alone makes him untrustworthy, if true (and the evidence I have seen is pretty compelling).  I've not seen anything from outside the trumposphere that indicates that Bolton is "very honest."  On the contrary:   he has frequently lied about arms developments in Iran, Iraq, Cuba, North Korea, et al
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Valmy

Quote from: Syt on June 18, 2020, 01:37:38 PM
And they ran 88 ads on June 17th, because of course they did. :rolleyes:

"Dangerous MOBS of far-left groups are running through our streets and causing absolute mayhem."

Hey...thats...a certain amount of words.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Eddie Teach

Do you count far-left as one word or two?
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Valmy

Quote from: Eddie Teach on June 18, 2020, 11:35:05 PM
Do you count far-left as one word or two?

Well it depends. But common English usage counts hyphenated compound words as one word.

https://www.answers.com/Q/Do_words_with_hyphens_count_as_one_word_or_two

Nazis obviously would recognize them as one word since German is pretty much all compound words.

The Brain

Bolton is a Trumpist. I doubt he tells the truth about Bolton in his book (we already know what Trump is like).
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Tamas

There are SO many vile evil and disgusting things Trump and his followers have said and done, there is no need to make up nonsense like they chose this red triangle because they knew it was a labour camp sign. Nobody knew that on this forum either 48 hours ago.

Trying to mobilise their support base with what is basically inciting to violence is still evil, but it is standard evil, and not Hitler cosplay.

Valmy

Quote from: Tamas on June 19, 2020, 01:19:42 AM
There are SO many vile evil and disgusting things Trump and his followers have said and done, there is no need to make up nonsense like they chose this red triangle because they knew it was a labour camp sign. Nobody knew that on this forum either 48 hours ago.

Trying to mobilise their support base with what is basically inciting to violence is still evil, but it is standard evil, and not Hitler cosplay.

The funny part is, even if were all completely true, it really doesn't make him that much more unacceptable as President.

I mean the guy is asking Xi Jinping is manage our elections for him. I mean how much lower can you go?