News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

What does a TRUMP presidency look like?

Started by FunkMonk, November 08, 2016, 11:02:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barrister

And now they're going to come for Canadian Tire... :(

Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Grey Fox

Their points program is Triangle now!

Damn. Sorry FGL.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

The Minsky Moment

BB is right on the DACA ruling.  This was a big own goal by the Trump administration - he only has himself to blame.  The policy could have easily been rescinded but a basic level of competence is still needed to accomplish things in the American federal government.  An executive administration that does not feel the need to explain or justify their action will fail.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

Admiral Yi

The Holocaust symbolism aside, how weird is it to declare a terrorist organization by acclaim?

Barrister

Quote from: garbon on June 18, 2020, 02:15:27 PM
Quote from: Barrister on June 18, 2020, 01:42:41 PM

:rolleyes:

But really - they're not censoring Trump's ads for the contents - but because of a red triangle?  I'd never seen it listed as some kind of hate symbol - it's not like the star of david or the pink triangle.  And I can tell you in Canada a inverted red triangle means exactly one thing - Canadian Tire.

Valmy

So as soon as the President declares Antifa a terrorist organization all the civil unrest will stop? I am glad he got right to the heart of the matter.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

alfred russel

Quote from: The Minsky Moment on June 18, 2020, 02:17:50 PM
BB is right on the DACA ruling.  This was a big own goal by the Trump administration - he only has himself to blame.  The policy could have easily been rescinded but a basic level of competence is still needed to accomplish things in the American federal government.  An executive administration that does not feel the need to explain or justify their action will fail.

I wonder if he didn't mean to fail. The challenge has always been procedural and has been going on for years: this is just an executive policy put in place by the Obama administration--when this first got held up in courts over procedural grounds why not just properly go back and check the boxes that needed checking?

What makes sense is that the administration doesn't really want to deport the dreamers (which would be disastrous politically), wants to show his base he tried, and wants to be able to highlight how important his reelection is so he can fix the supreme court undermining conservatives.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

Barrister

Quote from: alfred russel on June 18, 2020, 02:29:02 PM
What makes sense is that the administration doesn't really want to deport the dreamers (which would be disastrous politically), wants to show his base he tried, and wants to be able to highlight how important his reelection is so he can fix the supreme court undermining conservatives.

No, I think he wants to do this stuff.  He wants to build a wall, kick out dreamers, etc.  It's just Trump's administration is just bad at this stuff, and Trump doesn't want to be told "no".

The Brain

I had never seen the red triangle before. I don't know who or what it means.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Barrister

Quote from: The Brain on June 18, 2020, 02:50:26 PM

It means cheap tires and household goods combined with bad customer service. :yes:

The Brain

Quote from: Barrister on June 18, 2020, 02:54:19 PM

It means cheap tires and household goods combined with bad customer service. :yes:

Bad as in bad ass?
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

grumbler

That's Trumpeters, in a nutshell.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

PRC

You got that right.

garbon

Quote from: Barrister on June 18, 2020, 02:21:57 PM
Quote from: garbon on June 18, 2020, 02:15:27 PM
Quote from: Barrister on June 18, 2020, 01:42:41 PM

:rolleyes:

But really - they're not censoring Trump's ads for the contents - but because of a red triangle?  I'd never seen it listed as some kind of hate symbol - it's not like the star of david or the pink triangle.  And I can tell you in Canada a inverted red triangle means exactly one thing - Canadian Tire.

And so because of your own lack of knowledge you assume they picked it innocently?
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.