News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

What does a TRUMP presidency look like?

Started by FunkMonk, November 08, 2016, 11:02:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

grumbler

The argument that Crozier didn't first use the chain of command is given to be a lie by the fact that Modly's own chief of staff contacted Crozier, gave him Modly's own hone number, and said, in essence, "ignore the chain of command from now on and contact the SecNav directly.  That's when Crozier realized he wasn't getting any help unless he let lots of people know he needed it.  In essence, he was saying that, if Modly was the solution, the problem was insolvable.  That's what Modly got pissed about.

Modly is such a putz.  You don't calm the waters by pouring flaming oil on it.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

DGuller

Any discussion of the Kangaroo Court decision on Wisconsin?

merithyn

Quote from: DGuller on April 06, 2020, 10:39:28 PM

Can you be more specific please? This is Wisconsin we're talking about. They're just this side of Florida.
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

DGuller

Quote from: merithyn on April 06, 2020, 10:50:29 PM

Can you be more specific please? This is Wisconsin we're talking about. They're just this side of Florida.
The Supreme Court, by the most improbable margin, ruled that voters in Wisconsin who didn't get the absentee ballot in time because it wasn't sent out in time due to some viruses and stuff have to schlep it to the polls or not vote.  I looked into it more and discovered that's what the Republicans wanted.

garbon

Quote from: DGuller on April 06, 2020, 10:55:13 PM
Quote from: merithyn on April 06, 2020, 10:50:29 PM

The Supreme Court, by the most improbable margin, ruled that voters in Wisconsin who didn't get the absentee ballot in time because it wasn't sent out in time due to some viruses and stuff have to schlep it to the polls or not vote.  I looked into it more and discovered that's what the Republicans wanted.

I don't understand what they get out of it.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

garbon

Oh it's about the more local positions being elected.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Syt

https://edition.cnn.com/2020/04/06/politics/donald-trump-coronavirus-angry-defensive/index.html

Quote[...]

After meeting the heads of pharmaceutical companies, Trump said: "I've asked them to contact London immediately."

"They speak a language that most people don't even understand, but I understand something, that they've really advanced therapeutics and therapeutically, and they have arrived in London already," Trump said. "We've contacted all of Boris' doctors, and we'll see what is going to take place, but they are ready to go."

It was not clear which therapy Trump was referencing. And his offer would apparently involve the British Prime Minister's doctors handing over treatment decisions to American pharmaceutical companies.

[...]

:wacko:
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Sheilbh

I love listening to that Modly speech when you can here the voice of the Navy as someone audibly says "what the fuck?!" :lol:
Let's bomb Russia!

Syt

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/04/06/us/politics/coronavirus-trump-malaria-drug.html

You know, the drug that Trump is pushing at every possible opportunity?

Quote[...]

If hydroxychloroquine becomes an accepted treatment, several pharmaceutical companies stand to profit, including shareholders and senior executives with connections to the president. Mr. Trump himself has a small personal financial interest in Sanofi, the French drugmaker that makes Plaquenil, the brand-name version of hydroxychloroquine.

[...]
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

celedhring

I loved how he essentially asked Johnson to be a guinea pig.

HisMajestyBOB

If Johnson doesn't accept, Trump may impose tariffs on UK trade.
Three lovely Prada points for HoI2 help

Sheilbh

Quote from: celedhring on April 07, 2020, 10:37:05 AM
I loved how he essentially asked Johnson to be a guinea pig.
:lol: It's crazy.

And also how he managed to turn a story about someone else going into intensive care to being about him - here's what he's going to do and the advice he's giving Johnson's doctors etc :lol:
Let's bomb Russia!

Oexmelin

Quote from: Syt on April 07, 2020, 10:35:35 AM
https://www.nytimes.com/2020/04/06/us/politics/coronavirus-trump-malaria-drug.html

Quote[...]

If hydroxychloroquine becomes an accepted treatment, several pharmaceutical companies stand to profit, including shareholders and senior executives with connections to the president. Mr. Trump himself has a small personal financial interest in Sanofi, the French drugmaker that makes Plaquenil, the brand-name version of hydroxychloroquine.

[...]

Seth Myers (!) made an interesting point. You know he stands to benefit from it because it's a six syllable word and he never once tripped on it...
Que le grand cric me croque !

Syt

Quote from: Oexmelin on April 07, 2020, 10:43:12 AM
Quote from: Syt on April 07, 2020, 10:35:35 AM

Quote[...]

[...]

Seth Myers (!) made an interesting point. You know he stands to benefit from it because it's a six syllable word and he never once tripped on it...

:lol:

Probably true. :(
—Stephen Jay Gould

Syt

—Stephen Jay Gould