News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

What does a TRUMP presidency look like?

Started by FunkMonk, November 08, 2016, 11:02:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

viper37

Quote from: Syt on April 02, 2019, 02:17:43 PM
Trump saying his father was born in Germany: https://twitter.com/tommyxtopher/status/1113151453554769920?s=20

Did he mean to say "grandfather"? :unsure:
Trying to understand, and then find a measure of truth in Trump's tweet is a sure path to madness.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

The Brain

Quote from: Syt on April 02, 2019, 02:17:43 PM
Trump saying his father was born in Germany: https://twitter.com/tommyxtopher/status/1113151453554769920?s=20

Did he mean to say "grandfather"? :unsure:

You have to remember that he likely isn't fully sentient.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

FunkMonk

I do a real lol if Donald ends up starting a recession that dooms his presidency because he closes the border with Mexico.

What idiot whispered that idea into his little pea brain?  :lol:
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

The Larch

Quote from: FunkMonk on April 02, 2019, 04:58:23 PM
I do a real lol if Donald ends up starting a recession that dooms his presidency because he closes the border with Mexico.

What idiot whispered that idea into his little pea brain?  :lol:

Miller, for sure. All the outrageously racist crap comes from him.

FunkMonk

"If we ruin the economies of the border states and cause major price increases and shortages in consumer goods, the average Joe Six-pack in Pennsylvania is sure to vote for us next year!!"
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Monoriu

Quote from: Valmy on April 02, 2019, 02:02:40 PM
Um...our President does understand that PR is part of the United States and not an independent nation right?

Ah well. What else is new?

I don't have a problem with what Trump is saying.  Puerto Rico is a bit like Hong Kong.  If Hong Kong is damaged in a hurricane, we'll be expected to save ourselves.  I can't imagine Beijing or London (during colonial times) giving us money or any sort of help to deal with a major disaster.  They'll say we are on our own, and rightly so. 

viper37

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Valmy

Quote from: Monoriu on April 02, 2019, 08:23:02 PM
Um...our President does understand that PR is part of the United States and not an independent nation right?

I don't have a problem with what Trump is saying.  Puerto Rico is a bit like Hong Kong.  If Hong Kong is damaged in a hurricane, we'll be expected to save ourselves.  I can't imagine Beijing or London (during colonial times) giving us money or any sort of help to deal with a major disaster.  They'll say we are on our own, and rightly so. 

That is what you took from that? I think you are making something up that just isn't there. This is not some big constitutional arrangement between the Feds and PR being announced. Some official in PR made Trump mad so he is talking shit and throwing out personal insults and, as he always does, claiming the US is the victim and persecuted by the mean conniving foreigners (except a little embarrassingly they are not foreigners...but anyway). The same stuff he always says.

But if you want to look at that and invent something a statesman might have said and pretend he said that instead then...well...you will be doing what people often do. Either that or they invent something sinister and evil that he said. He is just Trump being Trump. It is not some policy announcement or anything you can approve or disapprove of.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Valmy

Now I do just want to say that it could very well be that the Feds did give PR 91 billion and it was all embezzled by corrupt officials. And indeed PR does rub its hands together with glee as their plan to manipulate and use the Feds and give nothing in return is going forward. Or not. Or something in between. I have no idea. It is just that that kind of tweet has never had much actual substance going for it in the past. It is just the sort of thing Trump likes to say.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Valmy

Quote from: viper37 on April 02, 2019, 10:11:02 PM
China sent their best spy to infiltrate The Supreme Chief secondary residence:
https://www.nytimes.com/2019/04/02/us/mar-a-lago-zhang-chinese-secret-service.html

It sounds like she was a horrible spy :hmm:

Unimpressive work by the Secret Service but good on that receptionist for doing their job for them.

Valmy

Quote from: Oexmelin on April 02, 2019, 02:15:08 PM

You understand that he is racist, right?

And a very lazy one. I mean one might like to think that he is saying this because of some investigation that uncovered evidence of corruption and that is what he is calling out. More likely this is just a stereotype he can troll and attack with.

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Valmy on March 30, 2019, 10:37:31 PM
State and local governments are vital so definitely a nice win in territory generally hostile to Democrats. We'll see. Lots of interesting Local Elections this year to follow.

https://twitter.com/TheDLCC/status/1113253301473042432

QuoteBREAKING: @pamforpa has won the special election in SD37 for the Pennsylvania Senate, flipping the seat from red to blue. Congratulations, Pam!
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

viper37

Habbaku

The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Valmy