What does a TRUMP presidency look like?

Started by FunkMonk, November 08, 2016, 11:02:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eddie Teach

I don't think Kavanaugh and Ford had much to add to their Senate testimony. Would be nice to see a list of who was interviewed.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Berkut

Everything after Kavanaugh announced on the Senate floor that he would be a Trumpette Republican stooge has not mattered one bit.

It was a brilliant move on his part.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Solmyr

So, is it possible for Kavanaugh to be actually sued by Ford for sexual assault and for it to be handled as a police case? Like Bill Cosby was accused and sentenced?

Eddie Teach

No, the statute of limitations expired long ago.

garbon

Quote from: Eddie Teach on October 05, 2018, 02:06:32 AM
No, the statute of limitations expired long ago.

I think they have said many times there was a MD law on the books at the time that could still be used against him, but Ford would have to file a criminal complaint to the police. Seems unlikely that would ever lead to prosecution at this distance.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Admiral Yi

I'm catching a shitload of sour grapes.  People who were panting for an FBI investigation before have to suck it up.

I still think 2/3 or Collins, Murkowski, and Flake are going to vote against, but you didn't get the result you were hoping for.

garbon

Quote from: Admiral Yi on October 05, 2018, 02:17:08 AM
I'm catching a shitload of sour grapes.  People who were panting for an FBI investigation before have to suck it up.

On that week long investigation that suddenly wasn't a week long and didn't talk to a lot of key names (at least a reported)? Sounds like the investigation was just what it seemed like when Flake called for it, a fig leaf they could use to hide behind when they vote to confirm him.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Solmyr on October 05, 2018, 01:42:27 AM
So, is it possible for Kavanaugh to be actually sued by Ford for sexual assault and for it to be handled as a police case? Like Bill Cosby was accused and sentenced?

If you get sued that means civil court, not criminal.  OJ, for example got hit in civil, not criminal, for cutting his arm candy wife's throat.  But he only spent time in the can for threatening some dude about collectibles.

The Minsky Moment

I'd be curious to see the transcript of the FBI interview of Mark Judge.

I would be willing to believe the FBI found no corroborating evidence of the Ford assault.  All the witnesses to the event already made their statements.

It is not credible that they found no corroborating evidence that BK did heavy drinking in school.  The public record is already overwhelming on that point. It would also mean Judge almost certainly perjured himself.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

derspiess

Anyone else keep thinking "Mike Judge" when they read "Mark Judge"?
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

DGuller

Quote from: Admiral Yi on October 05, 2018, 02:17:08 AM

I still think 2/3 or Collins, Murkowski, and Flake are going to vote against, but you didn't get the result you were hoping for.
People were panting for a legitimate FBI investigation, not the charade used for political cover.

Berkut

Meh, I never cared much one way or the other about the "investigation". Everything you need to know about whether or not he should be a SC justice we already knew.

He lied under oath, he came out and announced that he was a partisan first, a hater of Dems second, and a legal authority...well, not at all.

Anyone with an ounce of integrity or ethics would never vote to confirm him after the display he put on. Lucky for the Republicans, there isn't an ounce of ethical integrity to be found among those 51 senators, so he will certainly be confirmed.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

The Minsky Moment

Trump is now claiming George Soros paid off the Kavanaugh elevator protestors.  So now he is adding anti-Semitic conspiracy theories to his big bag of nasty.

I've had it with fellow Jews who support this guy.  I don't care what he does about Israel - there are lines that can't be crossed.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

Eddie Teach

Quote from: The Minsky Moment on October 05, 2018, 08:54:43 AM
I'd be curious to see the transcript of the FBI interview of Mark Judge.

I would be willing to believe the FBI found no corroborating evidence of the Ford assault.  All the witnesses to the event already made their statements.

It is not credible that they found no corroborating evidence that BK did heavy drinking in school.  The public record is already overwhelming on that point. It would also mean Judge almost certainly perjured himself.

They were just investigating the sexual assault claims, weren't they?