What does a TRUMP presidency look like?

Started by FunkMonk, November 08, 2016, 11:02:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oexmelin

Either Flake believes his own rhetoric, and therefore should act in accordance with what he, himself, identifies as dysfunctions of the Republic - rather than mere disagreements with Trump as a person - or he doesn't. In which case he utters empty words, never backed by any concrete gesture.

Flake has a public record, and has given many interviews. His is not simply the language of regret over Trump's character.
Que le grand cric me croque !

Syt

Quote from: The Minsky Moment on October 05, 2018, 10:19:07 AM
Trump is now claiming George Soros paid off the Kavanaugh elevator protestors.  So now he is adding anti-Semitic conspiracy theories to his big bag of nasty.

I've had it with fellow Jews who support this guy.  I don't care what he does about Israel - there are lines that can't be crossed.

Does he read the WSJ?

https://www.wsj.com/articles/george-soross-march-on-washington-1538951025

Link copied...
OPINION  COMMENTARY
George Soros's March on Washington

Saturday's protests and unlawful disruptions were brought to us by a well-funded network.
By Asra Q. Nomani
Oct. 7, 2018 6:23 p.m. ET
Washington

Some 200 protesters march across the lawn of the U.S. Capitol to the foot of the south wing. Inside, the U.S. Senate is wrapping up its debate, hours before the Saturday afternoon vote to confirm Justice Brett Kavanaugh. Members of the crowd rush up the steps, unfurl professionally printed banners, stand defiantly, and pump their fists in the air.

"Whose...

(that's as far as I get without subscription)
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Valmy

The Wall Street Journal? *sigh*

You just cannot count on anybody anymore.

But one would think a well-funded evil network could hire more than 200 protesters. I also like how terrifying it is that their banners were 'professionally printed'...whatever that means. YOU KNOW IF THE BANNERS ARE WELL MADE THE JEWS MUST BE BEHIND IT
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

DGuller

:huh: WSJ opinion page has been leading the right wing out of reality even before it was made a print version of Fox News.  It wasn't exactly the last bastion of rational conservatism.

Syt

Taylor Swift came out and wrote a long post in support of the Democrat candidate in her state of Tennessee. Trump: "I like her songs 25% less now."
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Razgovory

Quote from: Syt on October 09, 2018, 01:14:47 AM
Taylor Swift came out and wrote a long post in support of the Democrat candidate in her state of Tennessee. Trump: "I like her songs 25% less now."

Yeah, the far-right went apeshit.  They have this bizarre theory that she's part of their movement.  The theory seems to revolve around cat names.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Razgovory on October 09, 2018, 01:50:42 AM

Yeah, the far-right went apeshit.  They have this bizarre theory that she's part of their movement.  The theory seems to revolve around cat names.
Nazi cat memes :wacko:
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Tamas

Piers Morgan also went full offended on ITV in England. His thin mask of not being a right-wing twat is evaporating.

Tamas

BTW reflecting on the increased populiarty of the right-wing. Even if on paper I am supposed to be closer to them in terms of economic policy than the left (in practice that isn't really true - overspending in favour of the well-off instead of the poor is not liberal economics in my book), I just can't see the bloody appeal for people. What is the actual premise for our general future? Hate enough people and you'll be safe? Make sure to put the coloreds and the gay down and you'll be safe? Really?

The Larch

Quote from: Tamas on October 09, 2018, 04:38:13 AM

Piers Morgan also went full offended on ITV in England. His thin mask of not being a right-wing twat is evaporating.

Did he have a mask at all?

The Larch

Quote from: Eddie Teach on October 09, 2018, 03:45:51 AM
I thought she was from Pennsylvania.

Yup, but she moved to Nashville as a teen to start her musical career there.

celedhring

Quote from: Tamas on October 09, 2018, 04:42:54 AM
BTW reflecting on the increased populiarty of the right-wing. Even if on paper I am supposed to be closer to them in terms of economic policy than the left (in practice that isn't really true - overspending in favour of the well-off instead of the poor is not liberal economics in my book), I just can't see the bloody appeal for people. What is the actual premise for our general future? Hate enough people and you'll be safe? Make sure to put the coloreds and the gay down and you'll be safe? Really?

"Your have no prospects for your life, and it's these dudes' (and dudettes, and dudes pretending to be dudettes) fault". Oldest play in the political book, just amped up by the age of the social media.

Legbiter

:lol:

Taylor vs. Kanye for 2024.
Posted using 100% recycled electrons.

Grey Fox

It might be possible.

When does she needs to be 35 on election day or inauguration day?
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.