What does a TRUMP presidency look like?

Started by FunkMonk, November 08, 2016, 11:02:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alfred russel

Quote from: Barrister on June 07, 2018, 04:19:37 PM
Quote from: alfred russel on June 07, 2018, 04:04:40 PM
Do you guys really get sleeping bags and inflatable boats from the US? I figured that stuff came from China.

While no doubt a lot of that stuff does come from China, I have no doubt that the high end stuff comes from the US.

If your hockey and curling equipment comes from us, we could cut you off and watch your culture crumble. :)

Our culture has already crumbled. :(
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

Admiral Yi

Quote from: alfred russel on June 07, 2018, 05:21:44 PM
If your hockey and curling equipment comes from us, we could cut you off and watch your culture crumble. :)

Our culture has already crumbled. :(

I bet their seal clubs are domestically produced. :contract:

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

alfred russel

Quote from: Eddie Teach on June 07, 2018, 05:28:36 PM
Quote from: Razgovory on June 07, 2018, 05:16:10 PM
Is there a point to attacking Canada?

Cause it's fun?

William Hull didn't think it was very fun.

(I wanted to make this joke before a Canadian got there first) :(
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

jimmy olsen

Hope?

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/06/06/trump-gets-more-credit-for-economy-but-it-is-not-helping-gop-poll.html
QuoteDemocrats hold a significant advantage in voter enthusiasm. Fully 63 percent of Democrats express the highest levels of interests in the fall election, compared with 47 percent of Republicans.

"Democrats' enthusiasm matches Republicans' in 2014 and 2010,
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Razgovory

I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Razgovory

I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

jimmy olsen

Good job Mr. President

http://m.arkansasonline.com/news/2018/jun/06/firms-bid-for-tariff-exclusion-conteste/
Tire-cord makers with operations in Arkansas threaten closures after bid for tariff exclusion contested

Story by Noel Oman

Originally published June 6, 2018 at 04:30a.m., updated June 6, 2018 at 10:29a.m.

Three tire-cord manufacturing companies with operations in Arkansas have gotten push-back in their efforts to win exclusion from the U.S.' tariffs on imported steel.

Bekaert Corp., Kiswire America and Tokusen USA jointly requested blanket exclusion from what they described as "grade 1078 and above wire rod for tire cord" that they import, arguing that the quality of wire rod they require is unavailable from U.S.-based steel producers.

President Donald Trump's administration last week imposed tariffs of 25 percent on steel and 10 percent on aluminum from the European Union, Canada and Mexico, which together supply nearly half of the United States' imported metal and are counted among the United States' closest allies. The tariffs also target China, long accused of oversupplying the global steel market.

If they can't get access to the imported steel they need, the companies say they will close their operations. Together, they employ 1,500 people at four plants in Arkansas.

"Stated simply, U.S. wire rod producers are incapable of producing grade 1078 and above wire rod to produce tire cord because that grade of wire rod must be produced in basic oxygen furnaces to achieve the strength, cleanliness and other properties to draw the wire rod to tire cord dimensions," according to the companies' legal representative, the Washington, D.C., law firm of Morris, Manning & Martin LLP.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

citizen k

Jacob

Quote from: Razgovory on June 07, 2018, 05:16:10 PM
Is there a point to attacking Canada?

The point is to attack Canada to get more out of the relationship - whether it's more for the US or more opportunities in the market for those in his coterie who know what's happening and thus can move quickly.

Ed Anger

More butter tarts and less lip Canucks. Chop chop
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Jacob

Quote from: Ed Anger on June 07, 2018, 06:30:42 PM

Pretty sure the tariffs will hit the butter tart trade soon enough.

Ed Anger

Quote from: Jacob on June 07, 2018, 06:32:55 PM
Quote from: Ed Anger on June 07, 2018, 06:30:42 PM

Pretty sure the tariffs will hit the butter tart trade soon enough.

WE HAVE YOUR RECIPES
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive