What does a TRUMP presidency look like?

Started by FunkMonk, November 08, 2016, 11:02:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DGuller

Quote from: Admiral Yi on June 09, 2018, 11:29:44 PM
I didn't know they made Indians that stupid.
It's not about stupidity, it's about insanity and cycnicism.  The latter two qualities can make you as stupid if you want, even if you're not naturally gifted in that area.

DGuller

Quote from: Eddie Teach on June 10, 2018, 01:39:18 AM
Quote from: Razgovory on June 10, 2018, 12:04:43 AM
Quote from: Eddie Teach on June 09, 2018, 10:57:03 PM

I didn't set any fucking goalpost.

Need goalposts to make a point.

I don't need to have a point to ask a question, but if you must have one, it's that I don't think this is a particularly dark period in US history.
Shocker.

DGuller

Quote from: crazy canuck on June 10, 2018, 08:44:45 AM
All hope is not lost.  The US mid terms are coming up and so even if the present configuration of the US Congress is spineless, if the Democrats gain control, this horror has a better chance of ending and the Americans can start repairing the damage that has been done.
Even if that happens and Democrats rout Republicans in 2018, you'll still have the fascist 35%-40% waiting to pounce again while gradually eroding democracy on the local level.  And unlike in the past, now they know that it's safe to be out in the open about who they are, which will increase the efficiency of their subversion of democracy.

Eddie Teach

35-40% of the population are openly fascist?  :huh:
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Razgovory

Well, after the North Korean thing we can focus on our true enemy: Canada.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Zanza

Quote from: Razgovory on June 10, 2018, 12:46:46 PM
Well, after the North Korean thing we can focus on our true enemy: Canada.

Maladict

QuotePeter Navarro: "There's a special place in hell for any foreign leader that engages in bad faith diplomacy with President Donald J. Trump and then tries to stab him in the back on the way out the door...that's what bad faith Justin Trudeau did with that stunt press conference."

:huh:

Oexmelin

The White House employs someone to scotch tape back together the paper which The President of the United States insists upon shredding to pieces, despite the Presidential Records Act. 

https://www.politico.com/story/2018/06/10/trump-papers-filing-system-635164
Que le grand cric me croque !

grumbler

Quote from: Oexmelin on June 10, 2018, 04:51:19 PM
The White House employs someone to scotch tape back together the paper which The President of the United States insists upon shredding to pieces, despite the Presidential Records Act. 

https://www.politico.com/story/2018/06/10/trump-papers-filing-system-635164

Not any more, they don't.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Barrister

Quote from: Maladict on June 10, 2018, 02:00:05 PM
QuotePeter Navarro: "There's a special place in hell for any foreign leader that engages in bad faith diplomacy with President Donald J. Trump and then tries to stab him in the back on the way out the door...that's what bad faith Justin Trudeau did with that stunt press conference."

:huh:

So there are, of course, numerous Canadians who would support getting rid of our "supply-management" dairy system, yours truly included.  But of course Trump's ham handed conduct has literally unified politicians of all stripes behind Justin Trudeau.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Habbaku

The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Barrister

Quote from: Habbaku on June 10, 2018, 06:19:34 PM
Literally?

QuoteJason Kenney]
I'm in complete agreement with the Prime Minister's statement. A reasonable, balanced and firm assertion that Canada will not be bullied, and that we will retaliate if the US Administration does not end its attack on our steel exports.

https://twitter.com/jkenney/status/1005615375822700544

For Jason Kenney to say anything positive about Trudeau would be an astonishment.  Never mind being ?in complete agreement" with him.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

HVC

Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Barrister on June 10, 2018, 06:27:56 PM
Quote from: Habbaku on June 10, 2018, 06:19:34 PM
Literally?

QuoteJason Kenney]
I'm in complete agreement with the Prime Minister's statement. A reasonable, balanced and firm assertion that Canada will not be bullied, and that we will retaliate if the US Administration does not end its attack on our steel exports.

https://twitter.com/jkenney/status/1005615375822700544

For Jason Kenney to say anything positive about Trudeau would be an astonishment.  Never mind being ?in complete agreement" with him.

I think Seppuku was slagging you for using literally to modify unified instead of all.  :secret: