What does a TRUMP presidency look like?

Started by FunkMonk, November 08, 2016, 11:02:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

katmai

Quote from: Admiral Yi on June 09, 2018, 11:29:44 PM
I didn't know they made Indians that stupid.
well with a billion of them had to be at least a couple million.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Razgovory on June 10, 2018, 12:04:43 AM
Quote from: Eddie Teach on June 09, 2018, 10:57:03 PM

I didn't set any fucking goalpost.

Need goalposts to make a point.

I don't need to have a point to ask a question, but if you must have one, it's that I don't think this is a particularly dark period in US history.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Zanza

So now that Trump admitted on Twitter that his tariffs are not for national security but a reaction to e.g. steep Canadian dairy tariffs it can only be a question of time until Congress steps up and takes its constitutional mandate to regulate tariffs seriously. Right?

Maladict

Quote from: Zanza on June 10, 2018, 02:26:25 AM
So now that Trump admitted on Twitter that his tariffs are not for national security but a reaction to e.g. steep Canadian dairy tariffs it can only be a question of time until Congress steps up and takes its constitutional mandate to regulate tariffs seriously. Right?

Good one  :D

garbon

Quote from: dps on June 09, 2018, 11:09:04 PM
Quote from: garbon on June 09, 2018, 05:28:59 PM
Looks like a bunch of annoyed adults and a pouty baby.

Not sure how adult the rest of them are, but a pouty baby is a pretty good description of Trump.

FWIW, though, I think that pic is a photoshop.

:rolleyes:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Maladict

So, everyone at the G7 has been trying ther best to reason with Trump, only for him to undo it all on twitter after he left in his typical cowardly fashion.
Is there really any point to these diplomatic exercises anymore?

The Brain

Quote from: Maladict on June 10, 2018, 05:24:21 AM
So, everyone at the G7 has been trying ther best to reason with Trump, only for him to undo it all on twitter after he left in his typical cowardly fashion.

No, war is the only option now.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Tamas

Quote from: Maladict on June 10, 2018, 05:24:21 AM

Yes but the ROTW needs to talk to Russia now. The only consistent pattern in Trump's presidency is being beneficial to Russia.

Zanza

Diplomacy with someone who is only interested in scoring cheap domestic points seems useless. The other Western leaders should no longer give Trump a stage for his narcissism and capriciousness.

Let's keep lower level cooperation and diplomacy alive and let Trump meet with America's new friends from North Korea, Russia or Saudi Arabia. He can then revel in his authoritarianism.

The post-war Western world with its rules-based systems is (almost) dead. I hope that the people of Europe do not succumb to divide and conquer tactics by Trump or Putin and use these circumstances to strengthen the EU instead. Does not look like it though.

Zanza

QuoteMr. Trump pressed the point on Saturday, making clear that Russia's annexation of Crimea should not stand in the way. "It's been done a long time," he said. "I would rather see Russia in the G-8, as opposed to the G-7. I would say that the G-8 is a more meaningful group than the G-7, absolutely."

Mr. Trump was at odds not only with America's allies but also with many in his own administration. Even as he was clashing with European leaders on Friday about a Russian return to the Group of 7, his director of national intelligence was giving a speech in France condemning Moscow's malign behavior and warning against allowing it to divide the allies.

Speaking at a conference in Normandy, Dan Coats, the intelligence director, outlined a series of damaging actions by Russia in addition to its annexation of Crimea, including its efforts to interfere in American and European elections and the poisoning of a former Russian spy and his daughter living in Britain.

"These Russian actions are purposeful and premeditated and they represent an all-out assault by Vladimir Putin on the rule of law, Western ideals and democratic norms," Mr. Coats said, according to prepared remarks. "His actions demonstrate that he seeks to sow divisions within and between those in the West who adhere to democratic norms."

"The Russians are actively seeking to divide our alliance," Mr. Coats added, "and we must not allow that to happen."
The US DNI seems to rather poorly informed. It is not just Putin, but also his stooge Trump who is actively seeking to divide our alliance. Must be hell to work for a boss like Trump who changes his mind in completely unpredictable ways.

crazy canuck

Quote from: Zanza on June 10, 2018, 05:57:46 AM
Diplomacy with someone who is only interested in scoring cheap domestic points seems useless. The other Western leaders should no longer give Trump a stage for his narcissism and capriciousness.

Let's keep lower level cooperation and diplomacy alive and let Trump meet with America's new friends from North Korea, Russia or Saudi Arabia. He can then revel in his authoritarianism.

The post-war Western world with its rules-based systems is (almost) dead. I hope that the people of Europe do not succumb to divide and conquer tactics by Trump or Putin and use these circumstances to strengthen the EU instead. Does not look like it though.

All hope is not lost.  The US mid terms are coming up and so even if the present configuration of the US Congress is spineless, if the Democrats gain control, this horror has a better chance of ending and the Americans can start repairing the damage that has been done.

crazy canuck

http://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/g7-communique-leaders-negotiations-1.4699871

The Canadian news take on Trump's Twitter rant after he left the meeting.  Is he so cowardly the he couldn't say these things in person or does he really just listen to the last person he speaks to?

dps

Quote from: garbon on June 10, 2018, 03:24:55 AM
Quote from: dps on June 09, 2018, 11:09:04 PM
Quote from: garbon on June 09, 2018, 05:28:59 PM
Looks like a bunch of annoyed adults and a pouty baby.

Not sure how adult the rest of them are, but a pouty baby is a pretty good description of Trump.

FWIW, though, I think that pic is a photoshop.

:rolleyes:

Hm.  It appears it's legit.  I thought it was a photoshop because I've seen another pic of Trump sitting in that same pose.  I guess it's just a pose he likes to strike.

Razgovory

Quote from: Eddie Teach on June 10, 2018, 01:39:18 AM
Quote from: Razgovory on June 10, 2018, 12:04:43 AM
Quote from: Eddie Teach on June 09, 2018, 10:57:03 PM

I didn't set any fucking goalpost.

Need goalposts to make a point.

I don't need to have a point to ask a question, but if you must have one, it's that I don't think this is a particularly dark period in US history.

Are you a Trump supporter?
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Valmy

Eddie just enjoys being pedantic I think. Either that or he has an odd sense of humor  :hmm:
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."