News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

What does a TRUMP presidency look like?

Started by FunkMonk, November 08, 2016, 11:02:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

11B4V

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Eddie Teach

Quote from: DGuller on December 16, 2017, 01:26:29 PM
Quote from: Eddie Teach on December 16, 2017, 08:42:47 AM
Are these really times of trouble? I mean besides the self inflicted kind of putting a temperamentally unsuitable amateur in the White House.
When a third of the country aligns with an enemy nation, yes, I think that literally qualifies as Time of Troubles.

Aligned how? Because they said Russia is ok on a poll?
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Eddie Teach

CountDeMoney

That's right, it was a special election, duh. 

Oh well, fuck it.  darkielover's a dead man walking then.

FunkMonk

Jones's win will serve more as a rallying cry for a 2018 Democratic election sweep than anything meaningful in Alabama. Jones will likely lose re-election in 2020 if the Republicans can actually put a halfway decent candidate out there.
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

DGuller

Quote from: Eddie Teach on December 16, 2017, 02:19:08 PM
Quote from: DGuller on December 16, 2017, 01:26:29 PM
Quote from: Eddie Teach on December 16, 2017, 08:42:47 AM
Are these really times of trouble? I mean besides the self inflicted kind of putting a temperamentally unsuitable amateur in the White House.
When a third of the country aligns with an enemy nation, yes, I think that literally qualifies as Time of Troubles.

Aligned how? Because they said Russia is ok on a poll?
Aligned by looking hard the other way as our democracy is tampered with by hostile foreign power.  Aligned by supporting measures meant to cover the whole thing up.

Eddie Teach

Blithely ignoring threats that don't affect our everyday life is The American Way (tm).

DGuller

Either my Google feed is tuned for the wrong person, or there is renewed offensive by fascist media to discredit the Mueller investigation.  The first round of the offensive was stalled by the indictments and guilty pleas, will this round succeed?  Obviously the name of the game is to get a pretext to fire Mueller, but is this inevitable, or does this depend on whether all these bullshit stories gain traction?

I think it's also very likely that Republicans in Congress are on board with this anti-Mueller offensive, and it's a pipe dream to expect them to get mad and react to Mueller's firing.  So what are possible moves for the good guys?

Eddie Teach

I dunno, man. Mueller getting fired might cost them 5-10% votes across the board in 2018. Big risk for little gain for congressional GOP.

DGuller

Quote from: Eddie Teach on December 17, 2017, 06:02:13 AM
I dunno, man. Mueller getting fired might cost them 5-10% votes across the board in 2018. Big risk for little gain for congressional GOP.
I'm not sure there are that many GOP voters who are liable to change their votes based on what happens to Mueller, and probably the big goal of the media offensive is to reduce that number further.  The more you hit the legitimacy of Mueller, the more you're down to just the usual suspects either being outraged or cheerful about the move. 

I also don't see this as a question of gain for congressional GOP, but rather damage limitation.  If Mueller succeeds, GOP will suffer, so they're better off if he doesn't succeed, even if that means abetting treason.  Ultimately for Mueller to not succeed, he has to be fired at some point.

The Brain

Quote from: DGuller on December 17, 2017, 05:42:34 AM
Either my Google feed is tuned for the wrong person, or there is renewed offensive by fascist media to discredit the Mueller investigation.  The first round of the offensive was stalled by the indictments and guilty pleas, will this round succeed?  Obviously the name of the game is to get a pretext to fire Mueller, but is this inevitable, or does this depend on whether all these bullshit stories gain traction?

I think it's also very likely that Republicans in Congress are on board with this anti-Mueller offensive, and it's a pipe dream to expect them to get mad and react to Mueller's firing.  So what are possible moves for the good guys?

Are you sure? There was nothing in this morning's Völkischer Beobachter.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Eddie Teach

Put it this way: Trump would be more than happy to have squashed Mueller at any point since he was hired.
The fact he hasn't suggests Congress is not on board, at least not yet.

Razgovory

Quote from: Eddie Teach on December 17, 2017, 06:43:17 AM
Put it this way: Trump would be more than happy to have squashed Mueller at any point since he was hired.

They need Fox to lay the groundwork.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Jacob

And what dguller is concerned about is that that groundwork is being actively and noticeably being laid now.

11B4V

Quote from: Razgovory on December 17, 2017, 12:00:00 PM
Quote from: Eddie Teach on December 17, 2017, 06:43:17 AM

They need Fox to lay the groundwork.

State TV FTW
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".