News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

What does a TRUMP presidency look like?

Started by FunkMonk, November 08, 2016, 11:02:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eddie Teach

Lots of poors believe in trickle down though.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Monoriu

In times of trouble, what people really believe in is nationalism. 

The Brain

In the season of storms, flowers appear.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Eddie Teach

Are these really times of trouble? I mean besides the self inflicted kind of putting a temperamentally unsuitable amateur in the White House.

crazy canuck

Quote from: frunk on December 15, 2017, 09:04:23 PM
CDC gets list of forbidden words

QuotePolicy analysts at the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention in Atlanta were told of the list of forbidden words at a meeting Thursday with senior CDC officials who oversee the budget, according to an analyst who took part in the 90-minute briefing. The forbidden words are "vulnerable," "entitlement," "diversity," "transgender," "fetus," "evidence-based" and "science-based."

doubleplusgood will be in the suggested words section next year.

Quote from: Eddie Teach on December 16, 2017, 08:42:47 AM
Are these really times of trouble? I mean besides the self inflicted kind of putting a temperamentally unsuitable amateur in the White House.

Perhaps not when he was elected, but less than a year in - certainly.

Eddie Teach

I mean Americans. I know you guys can't survive without NAFTA and all.  :P

CountDeMoney

Quote from: celedhring on December 16, 2017, 08:04:15 AM
If at least the whole ordeal served as a teaching moment for GOP voters...

But it won't.  They'll double down next time.

DGuller

When a third of the country aligns with an enemy nation, yes, I think that literally qualifies as Time of Troubles.

The Brain

Quote from: DGuller on December 16, 2017, 01:26:29 PM
When a third of the country aligns with an enemy nation, yes, I think that literally qualifies as Time of Troubles.

Will Swedish forces enter Washington??!? :w00t:

DGuller

Quote from: The Brain on December 16, 2017, 01:31:04 PM
With what?  You don't have those cool tank destroyers anymore.

The Brain

Quote from: DGuller on December 16, 2017, 01:37:12 PM
Quote from: The Brain on December 16, 2017, 01:31:04 PM
With what?  You don't have those cool tank destroyers anymore.

Those were turretless tanks! Really, would you call the old Mk IV a tank destroyer? Accountant my ass.

dps

Quote from: CountDeMoney on December 16, 2017, 10:19:39 AM

And the Democrats won't take the right lesson from the Alabama result, either.  They think Jones won because they turned out the black vote, and while turning out the black vote is certainly a good idea for the Democrats, the real reason Jones won is because Moore is a pig even by Alabama standards.

11B4V

Quote from: dps on December 16, 2017, 01:55:56 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on December 16, 2017, 10:19:39 AM

And the Democrats won't take the right lesson from the Alabama result, either.  They think Jones won because they turned out the black vote, and while turning out the black vote is certainly a good idea for the Democrats, the real reason Jones won is because Moore is a pig even by Alabama standards.

Dems will most likely lose that seat in two years. IIRC that is when that seat comes up again.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

CountDeMoney

Jones won because they had to turn out the black vote--a guy like Jones would've had an easier race anywhere else but Alabama, where being a kiddiefucker is perhaps the only thing worse than being a Democrat. So yeah, the higher minority turnout was pretty necessary.

And it's a six-year seat, 11B.

11B4V

Quote from: CountDeMoney on December 16, 2017, 02:10:35 PM

Jones won because they had to turn out the black vote--a guy like Jones would've had an easier race anywhere else but Alabama, where being a kiddiefucker is perhaps the only thing worse than being a Democrat. So yeah, the higher minority turnout was pretty necessary.

And it's a six-year seat, 11B.

I believe he comes up for reelection in 2020.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".