And we're back!

Main Menu

What does a TRUMP presidency look like?

Started by FunkMonk, November 08, 2016, 11:02:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Barrister on November 30, 2017, 01:47:28 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on November 30, 2017, 01:40:13 PM
And in the end, Johnny Hero proves once again that Republicans are still Republicans after all.

Hey, he already stood up against the party and saved Obamacare.  How much more to you expect from the man?

A measure of decency and even some self respect from time to time.

derspiess

Quote from: CountDeMoney on November 30, 2017, 01:40:13 PM
And in the end, Johnny Hero proves once again that Republicans are still Republicans after all.

The boot's on the other foot now!
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

The Minsky Moment

McCain has always been a pretty hard core Reaganite Republican.  I wouldn't expect to vote against a corporate tax cut.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

CountDeMoney

The market is up over 340 points, just on the news that McCain has all but sealed the deal. 

So Yi is right, after all—it really is possible to reach orgasm together with so many people, especially since it makes it that much more specialier.

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Valmy on November 30, 2017, 01:21:02 PM
What are you trying to say Eddie?  :P

That a hundred years ago that kind of rhetoric would have gotten him elected anywhere.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Valmy

Ah I thought you were commenting on the state where you currently reside  :ph34r:
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Eddie Teach

Razgovory

So all that concern about debt and deficit was bullshit?
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Valmy

Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

HVC

Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: HVC on November 30, 2017, 04:59:15 PM
looks like Rexy boy is out.

That was in the tea leaves the moment the "fucking moron" story broke.

Tom Cotton at CIA :bleeding:

Eddie Teach

I guess being the boss didn't prepare him for the duties of his job, namely not calling his moron boss out.

Jacob

Quote from: garbon on November 30, 2017, 01:43:12 PM
Well then that's just a lack of imagination. It was always possible.

Yeah, of course - everything is possible. Then you figure out what's probable or at least likely - somewhat influenced by what you hope for - and act accordingly. The current GOP shenanigans represent a significant transgression of the expected norms and there will be real consequences for that, your blasé affectations notwithstanding.

Jacob

Quote from: Razgovory on November 30, 2017, 04:23:43 PM
So all that concern about debt and deficit was bullshit?

No, it's the Nordquist playbook - not bullshit but a deliberate tactic.

When Democrats are in power, complain about debt and the deficit.

When Republicans are in power decrease taxes and increase debt and the deficit and wreck the economy.

Democrats come back in power when the results of the Republicans economy wrecking start piling in. They start fixing it, getting the debt and deficit under control while the Republicans continue complaining about it... and so the cycle continues, while lowering taxes, destroying the US state, and increasing the wealth of the rich.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Eddie Teach on November 30, 2017, 05:09:05 PM
I guess being the boss didn't prepare him for the duties of his job, namely not calling his moron boss out.

You can't bring a CEO corporate governance model to a Cabinet level department.  Apples, oranges.