News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

What does a TRUMP presidency look like?

Started by FunkMonk, November 08, 2016, 11:02:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Admiral Yi

I'm with Money on this one.  I can't think of a single time when he demonstrated self-awareness.

celedhring

QuoteDonald J. Trump‏Verified account
@realDonaldTrump
12h12 hours ago
More
Time Magazine called to say that I was PROBABLY going to be named "Man (Person) of the Year," like last year, but I would have to agree to an interview and a major photo shoot. I said probably is no good and took a pass. Thanks anyway!

I love it when you can't distinguish his account from a parody one.

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

grumbler

Trump is a clown:  funny, but there's that frisson from the fact that you know it could turn ultra-scary at any time.

What Trump has done is illuminate the utter lack of leadership on both sides of the aisle.  Both parties are going to have to take a hard look at how they choose leaders (or, in the case of Pelosi, how they allow themselves to be blackmailed by an incompetent bully without doing a fucking thing about it).  Yeah, Trump is awful, but he isn't the only awful thing.  The one thing his presidency has shown right is shown how delusional was the Republican belief that, if they could just get rid of the nigger, everyone would start shitting ice cream.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Legbiter

Quote from: celedhring on November 25, 2017, 05:46:44 AM
@realDonaldTrump
12h12 hours ago
More
Time Magazine called to say that I was PROBABLY going to be named "Man (Person) of the Year," like last year, but I would have to agree to an interview and a major photo shoot. I said probably is no good and took a pass. Thanks anyway!

I love it when you can't distinguish his account from a parody one.

And the media lets him bait them everytime. You'd think they'd learn eventually but no. And thus their reaction becomes part of the joke.
Posted using 100% recycled electrons.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Legbiter on November 25, 2017, 09:58:37 AM
And the media lets him bait them everytime. You'd think they'd learn eventually but no. And thus their reaction becomes part of the joke.

You can be ignored when you're a reality TV celebrity.  You can't be ignored when you're the President of the United States.

grumbler

Quote from: Legbiter on November 25, 2017, 09:58:37 AM

Wait... what?  You think that this is an actual example of "the media?"  Part of the media is part of the joke, for sure.  Hannity, Fox, Limbaugh.  All of them trying so hard to convince everyone that grandpa did, indeed, zip up after he pissed and that thing hanging out of his pants isn't his dick.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

CountDeMoney

QuoteOne helpful Twitter user documented the annual narcisso-anxiety complex that overcomes the president of the United States vis-a-vis a magazine cover:

He gets worked up over Time Magazine's Man of the Year Award almost every year. Like clockwork. pic.twitter.com/27TnDTguAD

— Adam White (@adamjwhitedc) November 24, 2017

:lol:  What a sociopath.

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

CountDeMoney

@realDonaldTrump

.@FoxNews is MUCH more important in the United States than CNN, but outside of the U.S., CNN International is still a major source of (Fake) news, and they represent our Nation to the WORLD very poorly. The outside world does not see the truth from them!
2:37 PM - 25 Nov 2017

QuoteCNN Communications‏Verified account
@CNNPR
Replying to @realDonaldTrump

It's not CNN's job to represent the U.S to the world. That's yours.  Our job is to report the news.  #FactsFirst
3:10 PM - 25 Nov 2017

Valmy

Trump is doing a great job making CNN more important in the US. Dear God has there ever been a time for that shitty moribund network? He is the answer to their prayers.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Valmy on November 26, 2017, 09:11:30 PM
Trump is doing a great job making CNN more important in the US. Dear God has there ever been a time for that shitty moribund network? He is the answer to their prayers.

He's exhausting.

Razgovory

Quote from: CountDeMoney on November 27, 2017, 04:01:27 PM
Trump makes 'Pocahontas' crack at event honoring Navajo code talkers

Oh God, that embarrassing.  That's the first time I felt embarrassed for Trump.  I actually cringed when I heard that.  It's like something out of Blazing Saddles.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.