News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

What does a TRUMP presidency look like?

Started by FunkMonk, November 08, 2016, 11:02:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sbr

No shit, the last time Russia wasn't hostile to the US was what?  1943?

Eddie Teach

Quote from: CountDeMoney on July 21, 2017, 12:52:22 AM
Quote from: Eddie Teach on July 21, 2017, 12:47:36 AM
I find it interesting how quickly the media has started describing Russia as "hostile".

What term would you use?

Just saying, they weren't using it when Russia was invading Georgia and Ukraine. But hack John Podestas emails and it's Evil Empire Mk2.  :hmm:
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

garbon

Quote from: Eddie Teach on July 21, 2017, 01:18:46 AM
I find it interesting how quickly the media has started describing Russia as "hostile".

What term would you use?

Just saying, they weren't using it when Russia was invading Georgia and Ukraine. But hack John Podestas emails and it's Evil Empire Mk2.  :hmm:

So this is just a selective memory thing on your part?
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

CountDeMoney

What term would you use?

I'm pretty sure that's because they were using terms like "aggression" and "regional destabilization."

Eddie Teach

Quote from: garbon on July 21, 2017, 01:28:15 AM

What term would you use?

So this is just a selective memory thing on your part?

You don't see a massive spike in anti-Russia sentiment over the past year?

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Eddie Teach on July 21, 2017, 01:36:08 AM
You don't see a massive spike in anti-Russia sentiment over the past year?

What's been more disturbing is the massive spike in pro-Russia sentiment over the past year.

What exactly are you trying to rationalize here, Eddie? 

Eddie Teach

Quote from: CountDeMoney on July 21, 2017, 01:59:27 AM
What exactly are you trying to rationalize here, Eddie?

Maybe I've just been listening to Stephen Colbert too much. The amount of times he's used the phrase "hostile foreign power" you'd think he was working for WR Hearst.

CountDeMoney

If you say so, Eddie.  Or is it: Ivan

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Eddie Teach

I try to align sleep with my chair times.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: garbon on July 21, 2017, 02:20:26 AM
By the by, do you two not sleep?

I would probably sleep better if I didn't have so many things to worry about keeping me awake.  Like my government trying to kill me.

garbon

Jacob

Quote from: Eddie Teach

Perhaps because one is directly targeting the US and undermining fundamental institutions, while the other involves countries halfway across the world that few Americans care about?

CountDeMoney

Quote from: garbon on July 21, 2017, 09:29:48 AM
But why worry?

Because I want to be prepared to at least make sure I don't look directly at the blast.

garbon