And we're back!

Main Menu

What does a TRUMP presidency look like?

Started by FunkMonk, November 08, 2016, 11:02:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimmy olsen

Dude is a straight up Russian mole.

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-trump-russia-idUSKCN18B2MX

QuoteWASHINGTON (Reuters) - President Donald Trump disclosed highly classified information to Russia's foreign minister about a planned Islamic State operation, two U.S. officials said on Monday, plunging the White House into another controversy just months into Trump's short tenure in office.

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

11B4V

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

grumbler

Quote from: jimmy olsen on July 18, 2017, 06:37:29 PM

QuoteWASHINGTON (Reuters) - President Donald Trump disclosed highly classified information to Russia's foreign minister about a planned Islamic State operation, two U.S. officials said on Monday, plunging the White House into another controversy just months into Trump's short tenure in office.

We talked about this two months ago, when it happened.  Welcome to July, Timmay.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

jimmy olsen

Quote from: grumbler on July 18, 2017, 07:08:57 PM
Quote from: jimmy olsen on July 18, 2017, 06:37:29 PM

We talked about this two months ago, when it happened.  Welcome to July, Timmay.
Mea culpa, I was following a long twitter chain and got lost in the weeds. Thought this was a new incident.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
1 Karma Chameleon point

CountDeMoney

Quote from: jimmy olsen on July 18, 2017, 07:14:19 PM
Thought this was a new incident.

Don't worry; they're like buses, another one will be along soon enough.

Razgovory

So about a 1/3 of Trump supporters don't even believe the Russian meeting took place.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

CountDeMoney

frunk

CountDeMoney

Quote from: CountDeMoney on July 18, 2017, 08:20:58 PM

Trump had undisclosed hour-long meeting with Putin at G-20 summit

QuoteWhile the first meeting was small—the only attendees were Trump, Putin, the Russian foreign minister, Secretary of State Rex Tillerson, and one interpreter from each country—this was even smaller: just Trump, Putin, and a Russian interpreter. Trump did not have his own interpreter.

:bleeding:

jimmy olsen

More details on the money laundering 8th man at the meeting

https://thinkprogress.org/trump-jr-meeting-ikakly-kaveladze-russian-money-laundering-scheme-9986f528982a
Mysterious 8th person at Trump Jr. meeting allegedly ran massive Russian money-laundering scheme

Irakly Kaveladze's checkered past.

For several days, the identity of the eighth person who attended a meeting with Donald Trump Jr. and other top campaign officials in June 2016 has remained a mystery.

The meeting was set up by a Russian billionaire, Aras Agalarov, through several intermediaries including his son Emin, to pass along "official documents and information that would incriminate Hillary" as "part of Russia and its government's support for Mr. Trump."

On Tuesday, the eighth person was identified: Irakly Kaveladze.

Kaveladze, a U.S. citizen who was born in the former Soviet republic of Georgia, currently works for the Agalarovs as a vice president of their family company, Crocus International. But Kaveladze also has a checkered history.

An October 2000 report by the Government Accountability Office (GAO) accuses Kaveladze of being involved in a massive effort, over nearly 10 years, to launder $1.4 billion of Russian and Eastern European money through U.S. banks.

Although the government report does not identify Kaveladze by name, a New York Times story from November 2000 exposes Kaveladze as the central figure.

In a a nine-month inquiry that subpoenaed bank records, the investigators found that an unknown number of Russians and other East Europeans moved more than $1.4 billion through accounts at Citibank of New York and the Commercial Bank of San Francisco.

The accounts had been opened by Irakly Kaveladze, who immigrated to the United States from Russia in 1991, according to Citibank and Mr. Kaveladze. He set up more than 2,000 corporations in Delaware for Russian brokers and then opened the bank accounts for them, without knowing who owned the corporations, according to the report by the General Accounting Office, which has not been made public.

Kaveladze denied any wrongdoing and described the GAO investigation as a "witch hunt."

Kaveladze's company told the GAO that his company, IBC/Euro-American, has a client base that consists "entirely of brokers in Moscow, Russia."

According to the GAO, "more than $800 million was deposited through wire transfer transactions from foreign countries into IBC/Euro-American client accounts at Citibank. Over 70 percent of these deposits was subsequently moved out of the U.S. banking system through wire transfer transactions to accounts in foreign countries. According to a Citibank official, these deposits included funds from Russia; and Citibank no longer opens accounts for clients of IBC/Euro-American because of concerns over suspicious account activity."

Here is a description, from the GAO, of one example of how the accounts set up by Kaveladze were used:

Corporation A initiated a series of wire transfers of money on its behalf through Absolute Bank in Moscow, Russia, to the Bank of New York in the United States, which had a correspondent banking relationship with Absolute Bank. The Bank of New York then transferred the funds to Republic National Bank of New York, which had a correspondent banking relationship with Trust Commercial Bank in Latvia. Republic National Bank, in turn, sent the funds by wire to Trust Commercial Bank in Latvia where they were deposited into Corporation B's account. Approximately $6.8 million was moved in this fashion from Corporation A to Corporation B during a 2-month period. Using wire transfers, money was moved in large dollar amounts into and out of accounts on the same day or within 1 or 2 days

The GAO says their findings "raise questions about whether the U.S. banks were used to launder money."

The New York Times reported that the money "was highly likely to have arisen from Russian executives who were seeking to avoid taxes, although some money could be from organized crime."

Kaveladze's company told the GAO that it was "currently being liquidated due in part to concerns about money-laundering issues that were raised in 1999 when the media reported allegations that Russian organized crime had laundered billions of dollars through the Bank of New York."

After being contacted by the GAO, Citibank closed all the accounts opened by Kaveladze. The other entity, Commercial Bank, "shut its international banking department in June because of laundering investigations."

The investigation into possible Trump campaign collusion with Russia has expanded into financial matters: The Senate Intelligence Committee has received "a trove of banking records from the Treasury Department" which tracks suspicious financial activity. Sen. Ron Wyden (D-OR) said the documents could reveal "information that relates to financial connections between Russia and President Trump and his associates, whether direct or laundered through hidden or illicit transactions."

Kaveladze is represented by Scott Balber, who has previously represented Donald Trump.

1 Karma Chameleon point

Oexmelin

Que le grand cric me croque !

Grey Fox

Quote from: CountDeMoney on July 18, 2017, 09:06:28 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on July 18, 2017, 08:20:58 PM

Trump had undisclosed hour-long meeting with Putin at G-20 summit

QuoteWhile the first meeting was small—the only attendees were Trump, Putin, the Russian foreign minister, Secretary of State Rex Tillerson, and one interpreter from each country—this was even smaller: just Trump, Putin, and a Russian interpreter. Trump did not have his own interpreter.

:bleeding:

You don't need an interpreter when you understand Russian.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

The Minsky Moment

Quote from: Oexmelin on July 18, 2017, 11:03:52 PM
Meanwhile, in dismantling the state department news:

http://www.politico.com/tipsheets/morning-cybersecurity/2017/07/18/top-state-cyber-official-to-exit-leaving-myriad-questions-221386

QuoteBut Secretary of State Rex Tillerson is considering closing the cyber office or merging it with another office and downgrading the cyber coordinator's rank, according to a source familiar with internal planning. "

This entire administration seems to think we're living in the 1980s.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

CountDeMoney

Hey man, if hackers want those IBM mainframes, good luck getting a fork lift past security.

dps

Quote from: The Minsky Moment on July 19, 2017, 09:29:36 AM

This entire administration seems to think we're living in the 1980s.

If only.  Then we could have a 600 ship Navy and put some BBs back in service.