News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

What does a TRUMP presidency look like?

Started by FunkMonk, November 08, 2016, 11:02:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

katmai

Quote from: LaCroix on February 18, 2017, 08:46:41 PM
Quote from: Admiral Yi on February 18, 2017, 08:38:10 PMIf you write something other than what you really meant, that is not a case of anybody misconstruing anything.  That is a case of you not writing what you meant.

also, it's misconstruing once the other person understands what I'm trying to say but continues to stick to the words I used.
:lmfao:
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

LaCroix

a canon of interpretation is that if words are ambiguous as to intended meaning, look beyond the four corners of the text (in a post). that would be my subsequent posts explaining what I meant.

Admiral Yi

also, it's misconstruing once the other person understands what I'm trying to say but continues to stick to the words I used. I agree I could be more clear with the words I use, but I usually attempt to elaborate/clarify when asked.

I gave you the easy way out: admit the original post was BS and change the subject to bias, or differences between mass and elite values, or whatever.  But you declined to concede.  You're the one who insisted on sticking to the words, by implying that the subsequent posts were elaboration and clarification.

PDH

I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.

- that's the better version.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

LaCroix

Quote from: Admiral Yi on February 18, 2017, 08:56:56 PM
also, it's misconstruing once the other person understands what I'm trying to say but continues to stick to the words I used. I agree I could be more clear with the words I use, but I usually attempt to elaborate/clarify when asked.

I gave you the easy way out: admit the original post was BS and change the subject to bias, or differences between mass and elite values, or whatever.  But you declined to concede.  You're the one who insisted on sticking to the words, by implying that the subsequent posts were elaboration and clarification.

maybe it was, but if it is then I can't be expected to remember that after all this time

grumbler

Quote from: Eddie Teach on February 18, 2017, 08:40:12 PM
Grumbler is a Jobs fanboy on top of his Brady worship? Ugh.

Not at all.  I've never owned an Apple product.  I do, however, understand the concept behind Steve Jobs's so-called "reality distortion field."  I've seen people fall for it.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Grallon

You people are shambling towards a civil war; as painful as it is to say...

I wonder how many of you guys will be left when this is over?

G.
"Clearly, a civilization that feels guilty for everything it is and does will lack the energy and conviction to defend itself."

~Jean-François Revel

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Grallon on February 18, 2017, 09:51:39 PM
You people are shambling towards a civil war; as painful as it is to say

Any new American civil war is going to spill over into your country, dunno why you guys keep talking it up.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

viper37

You people are shambling towards a civil war; as painful as it is to say...

I wonder how many of you guys will be left when this is over?

G.

war is bad for business.  Well, part of mine actually.   They don't build warships out of wood anymore :(
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

viper37

Quote from: Eddie Teach on February 18, 2017, 09:59:41 PM

Any new American civil war is going to spill over into your country, dunno why you guys keep talking it up.
and by "you guys" you mean Grallon and... Grallon?
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Barrister

Last one didn't (though it was touch-and-go at times). :)
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

mongers

Seems like Trump has already started his re-election campaign.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Barrister on February 18, 2017, 10:57:46 PM

Wouldn't have the tidy borders a thousand miles away.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

saskganesh

Quote from: Barrister on February 18, 2017, 10:57:46 PM

We got Fenians. There was no GI Bill then.
humans were created in their own image