And we're back!

Main Menu

What does a TRUMP presidency look like?

Started by FunkMonk, November 08, 2016, 11:02:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LaCroix

Quote from: Habbaku on February 01, 2017, 10:20:49 PM
From the WaPo article:

QuoteIt should have been one of the most congenial calls for the new commander in chief — a conversation with the leader of Australia, one of America's staunchest allies, at the end of a triumphant week.

Instead, President Trump blasted Australian Prime Minister Malcolm Turnbull over a refu­gee agreement and boasted about the magnitude of his electoral college win, according to senior U.S. officials briefed on the Saturday exchange. Then, 25 minutes into what was expected to be an hour-long call, Trump abruptly ended it.

At one point Trump informed Turnbull that he had spoken with four other world leaders that day — including Russian President Vladi­mir Putin — and that "This was the worst call by far."

Why.

it was probably some off-handed remark while fuming that meant to convey he has the mandate of the states

Ed Anger

I'm enjoying the footage of Berkley burning.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Habbaku

Quote from: LaCroix on February 01, 2017, 10:24:45 PM
it was probably some off-handed remark while fuming that meant to convey he has the mandate of the states

An off-handed remark that, reportedly, he made to other leaders.  Do you think off-handed remarks are typically made in the exact same way to multiple people emphasizing the same thing regardless of subject?

Lacroix version to follow: anoffhandedremarkthatreportedlyhemadetootherleadersdoyouthinkoffhandedremarksaretypicallymadeintheexactsamewaytomultiplepeopleemphasizingthesamethingregardlessofsubject
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

derspiess

So for class yesterday, Tommy had to do a comic strip.  So he did one about Trump robbing a bank :lol:  His teacher apparently was thrilled.  I told him I'm glad he never did one like that on Obama.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

derspiess

Quote from: Ed Anger on February 01, 2017, 10:28:03 PM

Holy crap how did I miss that.  Is that all because of Milo?
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Ed Anger

Ed Anger

Quote from: derspiess on February 01, 2017, 10:33:27 PM
So for class yesterday, Tommy had to do a comic strip.  So he did one about Trump robbing a bank :lol:  His teacher apparently was thrilled.  I told him I'm glad he never did one like that on Obama.

Did the drawing have YUGE hands? I also hope you gave him a bigly reward.

CountDeMoney

Why not, should be easy enough at his age to draw Xs over the eyes. #ButHeHadAGun #BodyCameraWasOff

LaCroix

Quote from: Habbaku on February 01, 2017, 10:32:22 PMAn off-handed remark that, reportedly, he made to other leaders.  Do you think off-handed remarks are typically made in the exact same way to multiple people emphasizing the same thing regardless of subject?

we don't know the context. I'm sure in some instances he's just being him, others he's pissed and shouting and it's his version of "I'm the god damned president." this seems like the latter. the MLK quote seems like the former

derspiess

CountDeMoney

Quote from: derspiess on February 01, 2017, 10:34:31 PM

C'mon...like you wouldn't want to burn shit if an obnoxious, right-wing faggot Central European troll showed up.  With wine glasses.

derspiess

Quote from: Ed Anger on February 01, 2017, 10:36:33 PM

Did the drawing have YUGE hands? I also hope you gave him a bigly reward.

Oh I'm pretty far ahead on the reward thing, with those goddamned expensive basketball shoes I just got him. 

derspiess

Quote from: Ed Anger on February 01, 2017, 10:35:18 PM

Yep.

Can't wait to hear what Donnie Baker has to say about this :lol:

DGuller

Quote from: CountDeMoney on February 01, 2017, 10:42:42 PM

C'mon...like you wouldn't want to burn shit if an obnoxious, right-wing faggot Central European troll showed up.  With wine glasses.
Since when was Poland promoted to Central Europe?

CountDeMoney

Quote from: DGuller on February 01, 2017, 10:57:34 PM
Since when was Poland promoted to Central Europe?

Touche.  Withdrawn.  It remains in Beetstern Europe.