And we're back!

Main Menu

What does a TRUMP presidency look like?

Started by FunkMonk, November 08, 2016, 11:02:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Valmy

Quote from: Zoupa on January 12, 2017, 02:29:02 PM
Quote from: derspiess on January 11, 2017, 12:01:49 PM
Show of hands-- who posted this fake news on Facebook?  And didn't Zuckerberg say he was gonna protect us against this stuff?

Oh, NOW you care about it? None of this is fake news, by the way. The networks and newspapers are reporting on a memo from a private investigation firm. CNN isn't leading the nightly news with "TRUMP PEES ON RUSSIAN WHORES, WE HAVE PROOF!"

Spicey is just launching trolls on his bitter HARD LEFT enemies. Nothing he says is to be taken in earnest.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

viper37

Quote from: Berkut on January 12, 2017, 09:13:49 AM
I do not at ALL support Tillerson, but I will say that his testimony for the most part said all the right things, and said them in a very reasonable, sane manner.
Of course he said all the right things.  That's what intelligent and manipulative people do.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Valmy

Quote from: viper37 on January 12, 2017, 02:55:39 PM
Of course he said all the right things.  That's what intelligent and manipulative people do.

I know. It is refreshing to see people who bother these days. Speaks to possible competence.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Grey Fox on January 12, 2017, 02:09:23 PM
Didn't know that.

Fuck, she is.

Putin really won. Xi must be so angry.

Xi is playing the long game.  Let's see how the rest of the 21st century plays out.

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

MadImmortalMan

I'm not the only one thinking of how to game Trump tweets. Apparently, they set off trading algorithms too.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

mongers

[F.N.]

All RN Trident missile subs quietly put to sea today; rumours of planned decapitation strike on Washington DC for morning January 21st.

[/F.N.]
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

derspiess

I feel bad for you guys.  Most of you seemed to have a lot riding on the Trump story. 

I'll pray for you (as a group, not individually-- hope that works).
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

dps

Quote from: CountDeMoney on January 12, 2017, 11:40:26 AM
Quote from: DontSayBanana on January 12, 2017, 11:15:25 AM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on January 12, 2017, 11:13:38 AM
Would still be a better POTUS than Mr. alt-Sociopath.

That's not exactly a ringing endorsement.

Gotta work with what we got.  You prefer Vice President Umbilical McSuperfetus?

To Trump?  Sure.

Jacob

Quote from: CountDeMoney on January 12, 2017, 03:58:57 PM
Quote from: Grey Fox on January 12, 2017, 02:09:23 PM
Didn't know that.

Fuck, she is.

Putin really won. Xi must be so angry.

Xi is playing the long game.  Let's see how the rest of the 21st century plays out.

I don't see what Xi has to be angry about? I mean, so... Putin is undermining a bunch of Western institutions and buying some influence. If we're looking at this purely in terms of geopolitical rivals then Xi is watching one of his rivals undermine another rival. Why would that bother him?

Jacob

Quote from: derspiess on January 12, 2017, 05:21:05 PM
I feel bad for you guys.  Most of you seemed to have a lot riding on the Trump story. 

:huh:

garbon

Quote from: Jacob on January 12, 2017, 06:19:28 PM

Some sort of strange troll? Feel required to pick up slack for Marti and Legbiting?
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

grumbler

Quote from: Jacob on January 12, 2017, 06:19:28 PM

Spicey's projecting again.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Admiral Yi

Mad Dog got his waiver, something like 83 to 17.

The Minsky Moment

No way.  I don't want to share my prayer with those other jerks.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson