News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

What does a TRUMP presidency look like?

Started by FunkMonk, November 08, 2016, 11:02:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

celedhring

Marine Le Pen sighted at Trump Tower, looks like PEETUS is set on expanding his stellar collection of friends.

Barrister

Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

celedhring

Why go there, then? To sample the burritos at the restaurant?

Barrister

Quote from: celedhring on January 12, 2017, 01:15:15 PM

Why for the world famous taco bowls of course!

The Minsky Moment

Quote from: celedhring on January 12, 2017, 01:15:15 PM

Standard procedure.  All Russian agents physically present in the northeastern US use the secure drop in the Tower to pick up their instructions.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

Grey Fox

I don't doubt Trump Tower is the new USSR ambassy in America but Marine's not a soviet spy.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Barrister

Quote from: Grey Fox on January 12, 2017, 02:00:12 PM
I don't doubt Trump Tower is the new USSR ambassy in America but Marine's not a soviet spy.

Then why has her party received millions of euros from Russian banks?

Grey Fox

Didn't know that.

Fuck, she is.

Putin really won. Xi must be so angry.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Syt

At the very least she's a useful idiot. Kind of like the FPÖ in Austria. Russia is good at playing to their vanity and making them feel more important than they currently are (though that may change with next elections).
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

celedhring

Conversely, our idiots are so useless they aren't even worth Russian money  :(

Valmy

Quote from: celedhring on January 12, 2017, 02:14:53 PM
Conversely, our idiots are so useless they aren't even worth Russian money  :(

Hey those oil prices are pretty brutal. They have to use those democracy-destabilizing monies strategically.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

celedhring

We really need a 2010s edition of Twilight Struggle.

I would always put the Trump card in the space track.

Zoupa

Quote from: derspiess on January 11, 2017, 12:01:49 PM
Show of hands-- who posted this fake news on Facebook?  And didn't Zuckerberg say he was gonna protect us against this stuff?

Oh, NOW you care about it? None of this is fake news, by the way. The networks and newspapers are reporting on a memo from a private investigation firm. CNN isn't leading the nightly news with "TRUMP PEES ON RUSSIAN WHORES, WE HAVE PROOF!"

MadImmortalMan

Battlegoat added a trump wall and trump tower you can build in their last update to SRUltimate.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

grumbler

Quote from: Zoupa on January 12, 2017, 02:29:02 PM
Quote from: derspiess on January 11, 2017, 12:01:49 PM
Show of hands-- who posted this fake news on Facebook?  And didn't Zuckerberg say he was gonna protect us against this stuff?

Oh, NOW you care about it? None of this is fake news, by the way. The networks and newspapers are reporting on a memo from a private investigation firm. CNN isn't leading the nightly news with "TRUMP PEES ON RUSSIAN WHORES, WE HAVE PROOF!"

You don't expect Trumpeters to be able to distinguish fake news from real news about dubious claims, do you?  they have Trumpfacts(tm).
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!