News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

What does a TRUMP presidency look like?

Started by FunkMonk, November 08, 2016, 11:02:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Berkut

I do not at ALL support Tillerson, but I will say that his testimony for the most part said all the right things, and said them in a very reasonable, sane manner.

"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

DontSayBanana

Quote from: Berkut on January 12, 2017, 09:13:49 AM
I do not at ALL support Tillerson, but I will say that his testimony for the most part said all the right things, and said them in a very reasonable, sane manner.

In a weird way, the "hardball" questioning of Tillerson and especially Sessions has really been a bunch of softballs thrown at both of them- they're mostly highly-inflammatory questions with a clear "right" answer that doesn't even have to be coached.  I actually give Tillerson credit for not taking Rubio's bait, but he's been so overly cautious in his answers as to give no indication where his policy stances would actually lie.

What are we not getting out of these hearings?  Nuance.  It's easy to make blanket judgments like "Russia is bad for hacking" and "China is bad for hacking."  What I'd want to hear is relativistic stuff like "we should prioritize working with our partners to reinforce assets in Europe because Russia's serial annexation is a greater imminent threat than China's constant saber-rattling in the South China Sea."  Or something that's actually more appropriate to SecState than SecDef and talking about why we're not engaging as much in Africa, even though a good percentage of jihadi extremists are coming out of Northeastern Africa.
Experience bij!

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Berkut on January 12, 2017, 09:13:49 AM

He just wouldn't let himself get drawn into knife fights.  At his altitude, a Senate confirmation hearing is baby shit next to a quarterly earnings call.

DontSayBanana

Quote from: CountDeMoney on January 12, 2017, 11:05:21 AM
He just wouldn't let himself get drawn into knife fights.  At his altitude, a Senate confirmation hearing is baby shit next to a quarterly earnings call.

Nah, he veered too far in the other direction.  He's been like the retail wage slaves who never check "strongly agree" or "strongly disagree" in a job application survey.
Experience bij!

CountDeMoney

You guys should really Google "Monica Crowley National Security plagiarism PhD and book and 50 columns" today.

Or hell, just "Crowley".

DontSayBanana

Quote from: CountDeMoney on January 12, 2017, 11:10:47 AM
You guys should really Google "Monica Crowley National Security plagiarism PhD and book and 50 columns" today.

Or hell, just "Crowley".

With a name like Crowley, it's gotta be goof. :P

ETA: For the record, the only way Crowley could be any better is if the college rescinds her Ph.D. over the plagiarism before Trump takes office.
Experience bij!

CountDeMoney

Quote from: DontSayBanana on January 12, 2017, 11:08:48 AM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on January 12, 2017, 11:05:21 AM

Nah, he veered too far in the other direction.  He's been like the retail wage slaves who never check "strongly agree" or "strongly disagree" in a job application survey.

Would still be a better POTUS than Mr. alt-Sociopath.

frunk

Quote from: CountDeMoney on January 12, 2017, 11:13:38 AM

See Yi's list of people who wouldn't be.

DontSayBanana

That's not exactly a ringing endorsement.
Experience bij!

mongers

Donald J. Trump
@realDonaldTrump    2h
.@CNN is in a total meltdown with their FAKE NEWS because their ratings are tanking since election and their credibility will soon be gone!

Reality TV reaches the Singularity?
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

celedhring

He's starting to advertise now  :lmfao:

Donald J. TrumpCuenta verificada
‏@realDonaldTrump
Thank you to Linda Bean of L.L.Bean for your great support and courage. People will support you even more now. Buy L.L.Bean.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: DontSayBanana on January 12, 2017, 11:15:25 AM

That's not exactly a ringing endorsement.

Gotta work with what we got.  You prefer Vice President Umbilical McSuperfetus?

Syt

Quote from: mongers on January 12, 2017, 11:29:09 AM

Donald J. Trump
@realDonaldTrump    2h
.@CNN is in a total meltdown with their FAKE NEWS because their ratings are tanking since election and their credibility will soon be gone!

Reality TV reaches the Singularity?

http://cnnpressroom.blogs.cnn.com/2016/12/20/2016-is-cnns-most-watched-year-ever/ :hmm:
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Tamas

Quote from: celedhring on January 12, 2017, 11:35:54 AM
He's starting to advertise now  :lmfao:

Donald J. TrumpCuenta verificada
‏@realDonaldTrump
Thank you to Linda Bean of L.L.Bean for your great support and courage. People will support you even more now. Buy L.L.Bean.

:bleeding:  :lol:

Valmy

Yeah the funny thing is that Trump made CNN a star again. It was really limping along for awhile there.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."