Main Menu

What does a TRUMP presidency look like?

Started by FunkMonk, November 08, 2016, 11:02:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PDH

Quote from: CountDeMoney on January 10, 2017, 09:27:13 PM
Quote from: 11B4V on January 10, 2017, 09:21:44 PM
Old school shit there.

My Dad gave me an even better one 30 years ago:  don't fuck with people who fuck with people for a living.

See, that is the circle of life right there.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

11B4V

Quote from: frunk on January 10, 2017, 09:37:26 PM
Quote from: LaCroix on January 10, 2017, 09:20:47 PM
no, of course he cheats. I don't know whether he buys or accepts prostitutes -- I can see him considering that beneath him -- but typically with crazy party allegations, alcohol and drugs are involved. nothing indicates he does either.

Alcohol no, drugs oh yes.  There's been persistent rumors about him being a coke fiend.

Coke and whores
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

merithyn

Quote from: dps on January 10, 2017, 05:48:19 PM

Ok, I'll eat crow here.  I had posted out of memory, and I was wrong.  Sorta.  My policy actually has a $12,900 out-of-pocket max.  BUT--that's for in-network care;  there is NO max on out-of-network care.  The cherry on the top of that?  Our policy is through Blue Cross/Blue Shield, and our local hospital doesn't accept BC/BS.  Just perfect.

That's only a $6450/person OOPM. (Each member of your family probably has an individual max, and that $12,900 is all of your family members together.) For only $250/month, that's a really good OOPM. It's very similar to what I had working for the health insurance company.

In truth, that's not a bad policy. And yeah, BC/BS is notorious for not have an out-of-network OOPM. LIke I said, the most toxic company out there. If there isn't a hospital within 15 miles (might be 30) of you that won't take BC/BS, you can request a special agreement through your HR to get in-network rates. I can't remember what that's called, but they're a dime a dozen in the larger companies who run into issues like this all the time.

In short, you're much better off with insurance than you are without.
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

LaCroix

Quote from: frunk on January 10, 2017, 09:37:26 PMAlcohol no, drugs oh yes.  There's been persistent rumors about him being a coke fiend.

google shows some BS articles dated around trump's sniffing. where are the rumors from?

CountDeMoney

Quote from: DontSayBanana on January 10, 2017, 09:31:06 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on January 10, 2017, 09:27:13 PM
My Dad gave me an even better one 30 years ago:  don't fuck with people who fuck with people for a living.

:yes: In my case, it was in very small ways, but I still feel like my time of fucking with people for a living was too short.

Never stop, DSB.  Always fuck with somebody.  Every day.  Even if it isn't readily apparent or noticeable, all the little fucks add up.
Move that wooden stick on the cash register conveyor belt, because you know it drives the person in front of you nuts.  The little things.

Never, ever stop fucking with people.

11B4V

Quote from: merithyn on January 10, 2017, 09:43:14 PM
Quote from: dps on January 10, 2017, 05:48:19 PM

Ok, I'll eat crow here.  I had posted out of memory, and I was wrong.  Sorta.  My policy actually has a $12,900 out-of-pocket max.  BUT--that's for in-network care;  there is NO max on out-of-network care.  The cherry on the top of that?  Our policy is through Blue Cross/Blue Shield, and our local hospital doesn't accept BC/BS.  Just perfect.

That's only a $6450/person OOPM. (Each member of your family probably has an individual max, and that $12,900 is all of your family members together.) For only $250/month, that's a really good OOPM. It's very similar to what I had working for the health insurance company.

In truth, that's not a bad policy. And yeah, BC/BS is notorious for not have an out-of-network OOPM. LIke I said, the most toxic company out there. If there isn't a hospital within 15 miles (might be 30) of you that won't take BC/BS, you can request a special agreement through your HR to get in-network rates. I can't remember what that's called, but they're a dime a dozen in the larger companies who run into issues like this all the time.

I don't understand any of this. :(
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

PDH

Quote from: CountDeMoney on January 10, 2017, 09:48:17 PM

Move that wooden stick on the cash register conveyor belt, because you know it drives the person in front of you nuts.  The little things.

I do that here in Santa Cruz, then I say "more room for the rest of us." and the person in front is caught between outrage and the Cruzian knee-jerk of helping out the little people.  Fun.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

Ed Anger

I like to stand still on escalators. pisses people off immensely.  :)
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Valmy

Quote from: Jacob on January 10, 2017, 05:24:16 PM
In other exciting news, there's a bill in the House of Representatives to end the US's membership of the United Nations: https://www.congress.gov/bill/115th-congress/house-bill/193/

I suppose that will languish away in committee?

Oh this bill gets proposed in every single congress I think. I know Ron Paul was always proposing it.

So yeah, probably.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

merithyn

merithyn

Quote from: 11B4V on January 10, 2017, 09:48:58 PM
Quote from: merithyn on January 10, 2017, 09:43:14 PM

I don't understand any of this. :(

There. Made it easier to understand. :console:

11B4V

CountDeMoney

Quote from: PDH on January 10, 2017, 09:52:07 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on January 10, 2017, 09:48:17 PM

I do that here in Santa Cruz, then I say "more room for the rest of us." and the person in front is caught between outrage and the Cruzian knee-jerk of helping out the little people.  Fun.

I don't use one at all.  No lady, I'm not going to pay for your cottage cheese, don't worry.

Ed Anger

Oh god, I checked Twitter. What a shitshow. :bleeding:
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive