News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

What does a TRUMP presidency look like?

Started by FunkMonk, November 08, 2016, 11:02:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

grumbler

Quote from: The Brain on November 26, 2016, 05:00:36 AM
I routinely compare myself favorably to Alabamians.

I know that goes without saying, but I fixed in case any Alabamans see it.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

The Brain

Quote from: grumbler on November 26, 2016, 08:59:21 AM
Quote from: The Brain on November 26, 2016, 05:00:36 AM
I routinely compare myself favorably to Alabamians.

I know that goes without saying, but I fixed in case any Alabamans see it.

:ph34r:
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Razgovory

Quote from: celedhring on November 25, 2016, 04:55:04 PM
Quote from: FunkMonk on November 25, 2016, 04:52:49 PM
they just want something better than what they got.

The highest standard of living any nation in the history of the world has ever seen, in a sub-5% unemployment economy?

They don't actually know this.  In Trump world, unemployment is out of control, blacks are murdering whites at a record pace, several states have fallen under Sharia law, Obama is despised across the globe and we live with the most corrupt government the US has ever had.  A very large portion of the population believes all of this.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

The Minsky Moment

Alabama receives about $12,000 per capita in federal money but generates only about $4500 in per capital federal revenue.  So you need to subtract about $7K or so from the numbers to remove the effect of being subsidized by other states.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

CountDeMoney

Quote from: The Minsky Moment on November 26, 2016, 11:35:32 AM
Alabama receives about $12,000 per capita in federal money but generates only about $4500 in per capital federal revenue.  So you need to subtract about $7K or so from the numbers to remove the effect of being subsidized by other states.

ZOMG Federal overreach.

CountDeMoney

lol, how about 'No,' sugartits.

QuoteIngraham wants to be more than just Trump's flack
Fox analyst Monica Crowley is also in the mix for Trump's press secretary.

By Annie Karni

11/25/16 03:09 PM EST

Laura Ingraham doesn't want to be just another flack.

The popular conservative radio talk show host is willing to accept the position of White House press secretary in Donald Trump's administration, but she wants a bigger title, a role in policymaking and a seat at the decision-making table with the president, according to a source familiar with the discussions.

http://www.politico.com/story/2016/11/laura-ingraham-trump-press-secretary-position-231840

Valmy

Quote from: Martinus on November 25, 2016, 04:11:14 AM
I know you people disagree, but to me they seem like a cool family that likes each other.

I couldn't care less about that TMZ crap.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

The Minsky Moment

Quote from: citizen k on November 26, 2016, 12:09:09 AM
Quote from: celedhring on November 25, 2016, 04:55:04 PM
Quote from: FunkMonk on November 25, 2016, 04:52:49 PM
they just want something better than what they got.

The highest standard of living any nation in the history of the world has ever seen, in a sub-5% unemployment economy?

https://www.mailman.columbia.edu/public-health-now/news/nearly-half-american-children-living-near-poverty-line

Let's take this first one: it reports that the number of poor households went down, the number of household in the income strata above that (low income) went up.  About half the increase in low income households is due to poor households moving up, the rest is from MC households moving down.  So overall, no great but not a huge disaster either given that the chosen period (2008-2014) is selected to include one of the biggest recessions in postwar history, while excluding 2015 - a year where median incomes went up 5 percent.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

Razgovory

Quote from: The Minsky Moment on November 26, 2016, 11:35:32 AM

Where did you get these numbers?
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

The Minsky Moment

The Pew Trusts issues a report every year on the expenditure side called "Federal Spending in the States". Revenue data is from the IRS.
--Joan Robinson

Ed Anger

The God emperor has reportedly invited Orban to NY. Will he gain the valuable beet technology for the US?

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

mongers

Quote from: Ed Anger on November 26, 2016, 09:13:32 PM
The God emperor has reportedly invited Orban to NY. Will he gain the valuable beet technology for the US?

So nothing to do with building a wall to keep out migrants and using the project to whip up a right wing nationalist frenzy?
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Ed Anger

Quote from: mongers on November 26, 2016, 09:52:15 PM

So nothing to do with building a wall to keep out migrants and using the project to whip up a right wing nationalist frenzy?

You ruin a perfectly good Tamas/beet pitch.

Ass.

mongers

Quote from: Ed Anger on November 26, 2016, 09:53:17 PM
Quote from: mongers on November 26, 2016, 09:52:15 PM

You ruin a perfectly good Tamas/beet pitch.

Ass.

:blush:

Someone has to do point, now Marty is leading the Trump vanguard.  :(
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Ed Anger