News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

What does a TRUMP presidency look like?

Started by FunkMonk, November 08, 2016, 11:02:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HisMajestyBOB

Quote from: PRC on November 25, 2016, 03:20:31 PM
I don't think it matters to the Trump voters that they were conned by him or the Republicans in Congress... they'll still blame the Democrats for their trials & tribulations.

Yep. That and apparently most Trump voters didn't expect him to follow through with his policies anyway.
Three lovely Prada points for HoI2 help

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Jacob on November 25, 2016, 03:13:12 PM
I agree with analysis of the facts - Trump conned those voters - but I am skeptical of the two primary scenarios the writer offers - that those voters will wake up and vote Democrat, or Trump will actual attempt to deliver.

Some other likely scenarios include:

1) Trump et. al. pick scapegoats to blame for his failure to deliver on his promises, whipping people into more of a fervour to keep them voting for him.

2) While they reject Trump, those voters double down on his direction and follow someone who makes similar promises only moreso; potentially sincerely this time.

They'll stay red voters, or they'll stay home.  But they have no real reason to vote Democratic anymore.

Guys like Otto will post walls of text, overthinking it all, but honestly...the only thing keeping those "blue-collar white voters" in the Democratic camp the last several years was nothing more than a tenuous grasp of labor unions.

I mean, seriously now--you really think that machinists in Wisconsin, linemen in Pennsylvania or assemblymen in Michigan are any more "tolerant" of the diversity of the Democratic Party than they are in, say, Ohio or The South?  That they are as representative of the Democratic Party base as San Fransisco or Brooklyn?  Hell no.  They hate foreign accents, whorepill-taking women that don't know their place, married gays and don't want to live near minorities any more than the intolerant crackers in the deep Red states. 

Thing is, you've seen an intensive and systematic dismantling of unions in these states, particularly at the state legislative and gubernatorial levels--Wisconsin, Michigan, Ohio, Pennsylvania--over the last several election cycles, to the point that there is no need for them to feel compelled to vote Dem any longer.  Combine that with Mooslimbs Everywhere! and bathing the White House in the rainbow colors, you're going to have the same white whiplash there than you'd expect in the South or the New Confederacy.

Eliminating the unions as a bloc, and there's no way Archie Bunker has any reason to vote Democratic any longer. 

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Legbiter on November 25, 2016, 03:28:34 PM
That Paul Waldman guy typed out that screed CdM quoted while covered in his own excrement if his twitter account is any indication. Meltdown is over 9000!  :bleeding:

Don't you have a British supermarket to spray paint swastikas on or something, Blondie?

viper37

Quote from: Phillip V on November 24, 2016, 07:37:21 PM
and throwing money at education for the past 50 years?
not from what I understand.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

viper37

Quote from: CountDeMoney on November 25, 2016, 03:06:08 PM
lol, SuKKKers.
it was always about that apparent political correctness being imposed on everyone.  Forced to accepts womens, gays and now transgendered as equals, that was the tipping point.

And I also agree with Jacob follow up comment about the situaton.  America is fucked, there is no coming back.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: viper37 on November 25, 2016, 04:10:46 PM
And I also agree with Jacob follow up comment about the situaton.  America is fucked, there is no coming back.

I disagree;  but the speediness in how American industry and its labor has outpaced its own generational pace.  Yeah, there's a ton of out-of-work high-school educated mill workers and assemblymen in the Midwest--but the IT/cyber sector has entire voids in its employment numbers, because there are simply not enough people to fill them where they are.

Of course, vulture capitalism and shareholder profiteering doesn't help other than make Yi cum harder than a volcano, but that's only accentuated and accelerated the damage. 

derspiess

lol, SuKKKers.
it was always about that apparent political correctness being imposed on everyone.  Forced to accepts womens, gays and now transgendered as equals, that was the tipping point.

Lol drama queens.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Jacob

Quote from: derspiess on November 25, 2016, 04:33:51 PM
Lol drama queens.

I didn't say America is fucked and there's not coming back. I'm saying that I don't think the default for American voters who voted for Trump on the strength of promises he's going to break is to vote Democrat next election.

CountDeMoney

FunkMonk

A lot of Trump voters voted for him because he was a giant middle finger to the elites and intellectuals. A fair few of them knew that all those shitty coal and steel jobs from the 60s and 70s aren't coming back. They probably don't even really want them back, they just want something better than what they got.

Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

celedhring

Quote from: FunkMonk on November 25, 2016, 04:52:49 PM
they just want something better than what they got.

The highest standard of living any nation in the history of the world has ever seen, in a sub-5% unemployment economy?

11B4V

lol, SuKKKers.

And I also agree with Jacob follow up really about the situaton.  America is fucked, there is no coming back.

Hysterics
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Admiral Yi

Quote from: FunkMonk on November 25, 2016, 04:52:49 PM
A lot of Trump voters voted for him because he was a giant middle finger to the elites and intellectuals. A fair few of them knew that all those shitty coal and steel jobs from the 60s and 70s aren't coming back. They probably don't even really want them back, they just want something better than what they got.

One of the myriad intellectual failures of the Trump electorate is thinking those two thoughts are somehow related.

FunkMonk

A lot of Trump voters believe in magic, too, it seems
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

katmai

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son