What does a TRUMP presidency look like?

Started by FunkMonk, November 08, 2016, 11:02:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DGuller

Quote from: FunkMonk on March 23, 2017, 07:43:40 AM
All these things piling up on Donald...

When the rug is finally pulled out from under him his meltdown will be incredible. It will be like seeing God  :lol:
I hope that rug would be under him and not under us.

MadImmortalMan

Quote from: DGuller on March 23, 2017, 07:54:31 AM

When the rug is finally pulled out from under him his meltdown will be incredible. It will be like seeing God  :lol:

Horrifically optimistic.  :P
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Razgovory

Quote from: Grallon on March 23, 2017, 06:51:31 AM
How long before Pence ousts this clown?  I hear he has the power to do so.

G.

I would have thought you'd like Trump.  Anti-Muslim, Nationalist, ant-globalist, conspiratorial.  Seems like your kind of guy.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

FunkMonk

Quote from: DGuller on March 23, 2017, 07:54:31 AM

Like Seedy's suggested several times, when Donald's done we'll all be seeing God.
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Grallon on March 23, 2017, 06:51:31 AM
How long before Pence ousts this clown?  I hear he has the power to do so.

G.

No.  You might be thinking of the never used provision of the Constitution to oust the president through a 2/3 vote of the Cabinet.

CountDeMoney

:lol:  No shit;  people think he's going to go gently into that good night?  Oh, fuck no.  The world will burn, and everything in it.

The Minsky Moment

Quote from: Admiral Yi on March 23, 2017, 12:09:42 PM
No.  You might be thinking of the never used provision of the Constitution to oust the president through a 2/3 vote of the Cabinet.

25th amendment?  Doesn't work quite that way.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

Sophie Scholl

Quote from: CountDeMoney on March 23, 2017, 12:24:01 PM

:lol:  No shit;  people think he's going to go gently into that good night?  Oh, fuck no.  The world will burn, and everything in it.
Hopefully someone else will be posing with the guy with The Briefcase on one of his golfing trips when he gets the news.  No need for him to enact Operation The World is Fired.
"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Benedict Arnold on March 23, 2017, 12:31:38 PM
Hopefully someone else will be posing with the guy with The Briefcase on one of his golfing trips when he gets the news.  No need for him to enact Operation The World is Fired.

I would like to think it's similar to Wile E Coyote's parachute pack when he falls off a cliff.  Just full of camping equipment.

Admiral Yi

Quote from: The Minsky Moment on March 23, 2017, 12:27:32 PM
25th amendment?  Doesn't work quite that way.

Close enough for government work.

HAHAHAHAHAHA

The Larch

Rick Perry, on top of the really pressing issues.

QuoteRick Perry challenges election of Texas A&M's first gay student body president, says it was 'stolen' in 'name of diversity'

Bobby Brooks, a junior at Texas A&M, made history this month when he was elected as the university's first openly gay student body president.

Nearly two decades prior, Rick Perry, also an A&M alumnus, made his own bit of university history when he became the first Aggie to serve as governor of Texas.

But for their shared school pride, these men and their accomplishments had nothing to do with each other.

That changed Wednesday, when Perry, the country's current energy secretary, chose to plunge into campus politics, claiming publicly that Brooks stole the election from another student.

That student, Robert McIntosh, is the son of a prominent Republican fundraiser in Dallas who campaigned for Donald Trump during his presidential election.

Perry's accusation drew astounded responses from the university, Texas lawmakers and a professor, who said it was "extraordinary" that a federal official would involve himself in an issue as hyperlocal as student government elections.

"Honestly, we were just surprised to see that the secretary of energy would take the time to weigh in in detail," Amy Smith, the school's senior vice president of marketing and communications, told the Texas Tribune, "and we respectfully disagree with his assessment of what happened."

Perry wrote in a lengthy commentary for the Houston Chronicle that he was "deeply troubled" by the actions of A&M's administration and Student Government Association for overseeing what he viewed as an engineered election that awarded victory to Brooks in a "quest for 'diversity.'"

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/morning-mix/wp/2017/03/23/rick-perry-accuses-texas-ams-first-gay-student-body-president-of-stealing-election/?tid=sm_tw&utm_term=.8be119df7711

jimmy olsen

Schumer's going to filibuster Gorsuch. Seems unwise. This is probably as good a justice as Trump will nominate and the GOP will probably just get rid of the filibuster. So why not hold back and pick something more important as your hill to die on?

http://www.slate.com/blogs/the_slatest/2017/03/23/chuck_schumer_says_he_will_filibuster_supreme_court_nominee_gorsuch.html
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Grallon

Quote from: Razgovory on March 23, 2017, 08:22:14 AM

I would have thought you'd like Trump.  Anti-Muslim, Nationalist, ant-globalist, conspiratorial.  Seems like your kind of guy.

Do you understand the difference between reasoned policy and media circus?  There was a way to achieve such goals without being so fucking blatantly incompetent about it.

G.
"Clearly, a civilization that feels guilty for everything it is and does will lack the energy and conviction to defend itself."

~Jean-François Revel

Grallon

Quote from: Admiral Yi on March 23, 2017, 12:09:42 PM

The VP has the power to declare the sitting President unfit doesn't he?

G.
"Clearly, a civilization that feels guilty for everything it is and does will lack the energy and conviction to defend itself."

~Jean-François Revel

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Grallon on March 23, 2017, 06:16:07 PM
The VP has the power to declare the sitting President unfit doesn't he?

G.

Pretty sure not.