What does a TRUMP presidency look like?

Started by FunkMonk, November 08, 2016, 11:02:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

celedhring

Three months in and the GOP is already in a Mexican standoff with itself  :lol:

Valmy

Quote from: celedhring on March 24, 2017, 10:52:52 AM

Yeah well this is what happens when politics becomes about the LOLZ.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Valmy on March 24, 2017, 11:12:34 AM

Obviously people prefer this model, because a strong, centralized party leadership model that intentionally tightens down the wing nuts like the Dems just gets pooh-poohed ZOMG THEY BLACKBALLED BERNIE

Valmy

Yeah I thought the amateur hour we had to endure with Obama for awhile was bad enough. It seems he was just too competent for people. We will see if Trump scares people back to sanity or if the crazy train is just leaving the station.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Valmy on March 24, 2017, 11:30:33 AM
We will see if Trump scares people back to sanity or if the crazy train is just leaving the station.

IF the crazy train left..?

Choo choo, baby.  Choo choo.

viper37

Quote from: Razgovory on March 23, 2017, 06:32:37 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on March 23, 2017, 12:24:01 PM
Quote from: FunkMonk on March 23, 2017, 07:43:40 AM
All these things piling up on Donald...

When the rug is finally pulled out from under him his meltdown will be incredible. It will be like seeing God  :lol:

:lol:  No shit;  people think he's going to go gently into that good night?  Oh, fuck no.  The world will burn, and everything in it.

You know what I hate about you?  The fact that you've been right about Trump from the start.  I'd really like you start being wrong about shit for now on.
He was wrong on Tillerson being a mature, grown-up individual who wouldn't take shit from Trump.  Did it help? ;)
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

CountDeMoney

Yeah, I didn't expect Tillerson to turn out exactly like this so far, but I was only partially off--he still has a CEO attitude about the whole thing.

citizen k

Quote from: CountDeMoney on March 24, 2017, 11:25:09 AM
Quote from: Valmy on March 24, 2017, 11:12:34 AM

Obviously people prefer this model, because a strong, centralized party leadership model that intentionally tightens down the wing nuts like the Dems just gets pooh-poohed ZOMG THEY BLACKBALLED BERNIE

Single payer healthcare is a real wing nut concept.

garbon

http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/325669-tillerson-to-attend-nato-meet-next-week-reports

QuoteTillerson to attend NATO meet next week: reports

Secretary of State Rex Tillerson will attend a major NATO meeting next week he initially planned on skipping, according to multiple reports.

Tillerson will appear at the March 31 event in Brussels after the military alliance made scheduling changes to accommodate him, a State Department official told CNN Friday.

Mark Toner, the State Department's acting spokesman, said the agency sent NATO "alternative dates" and is "certainly appreciative of the effort to accommodate Secretary Tillerson" following the changes.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

merithyn

The House Republicans pulled the AHCA. No vote today.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/03/24/politics/house-health-care-vote/

QuoteHouse Speaker Paul Ryan sensationally pulled his Obamacare repeal bill from the floor on Friday, a day after President Donald Trump had threatened to walk away from health care reform if he didn't get a vote.

After a dramatic day on Capitol Hill, Ryan rushed from the White House to Capitol Hill to tell Trump he did not have the votes to pass the measure, the culmination of seven years of Republican efforts to eradicate President Barack Obama's proudest domestic achievement.

Two senior administration officials said the decision to pull the bill was Ryan's.

The decision means that for now, at least, Obamacare will remain in place until Republicans can come up with some plan that can overcome deep intra-party divisions about how to kill it.

The decision to delay the vote marks an acute embarrassment for Trump, who had gambled big by presenting holdout House conservatives with a take-it-or-leave it ultimatum on Thursday night and put his own credibility on the line.

It also puts Ryan in a much weakened political position, after being defied by his own conference, which seems just as unsuited to governing in the Trump era as it was when it was effectively a protest coalition under Obama.

Before the vote was canceled, White House press secretary Sean Spicer said Friday afternoon that Trump has "left everything on the field when it comes to this bill."

But Republicans had few firm commitments from conservatives and watched a continued exodus of moderates. This was exactly what House leadership was worried would happen when they changed the bill, the source said.

Friday afternoon, moderate Republicans and members of the conservative Freedom Caucus have indicated they won't back the bill.
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

Phillip V

Isn't this bill fail ultimately good for Trump, though?  He now gets to absolves himself of responsibility for healthcare, continue blaming Obama for the current system, and now blame Republican Congressman for no change.

garbon

Quote from: Phillip V on March 24, 2017, 03:04:48 PM
Isn't this bill fail ultimately good for Trump, though?  He now gets to absolves himself of responsibility for healthcare, continue blaming Obama for the current system, and now blame Republican Congressman for no change.

Except he also doesn't get to pull out any wins. What exactly is the great dealmaker accomplishing?
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

garbon

By the by, LA Times and The Hill have that Trump asked for it to be pulled today.

viper37

No twitter rage this time?  I'm surprised.  Is he leaving it all for his televised speech tonight?  Just too bad, I have something tonight, I won't be able to spend quality time in front the tv watching his rant and hearing him speak of his great victory against Hillary :P
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Sophie Scholl

I love how Trump is blaming Democrats for the failure of Trump(doesn't)care.  :lol:
"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."