News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

What does a TRUMP presidency look like?

Started by FunkMonk, November 08, 2016, 11:02:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

crazy canuck

Quote from: grumbler on February 26, 2017, 07:34:58 PM
CdM white knighting for BLM bureaucrats is the funniest thing I've seen in weeks.  :D

You havent been watching enough Fox News then

Eddie Teach

CdM white knighting for BLM bureaucrats is the funniest thing I've seen in weeks.  :D

It's always about race with you, isn't it?  :(
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Razgovory

Grumbler was at the Bundy protests pointing guns at law enforcement.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

grumbler

Quote from: crazy canuck on February 26, 2017, 08:28:32 PM

You havent been watching enough Fox News then

That's true.  I am not sure I've ever seen a Fox News show in its entirety.  Even a segment is too much of a good thing.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Ed Anger

Quote from: Razgovory on February 26, 2017, 09:00:17 PM
Grumbler was at the Bundy protests pointing guns at law enforcement.

Grumbler was at Masada.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

grumbler

Quote from: Eddie Teach on February 26, 2017, 08:42:13 PM

It's always about race with you, isn't it?  :(

I think knights jousted.  I don't think they raced.   Too bad - those would be some races for it to be "always about." :(
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

grumbler

Bayraktar!

Valmy

Really? White knighting? Now Grumbler is using internet LOLZ troll bullshit terms now?
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Valmy

Quote from: grumbler on February 26, 2017, 08:13:29 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on February 26, 2017, 07:39:21 PM
Can we not fucking pave everything, please? Fuck.

Yes, because the only alternatives are living in caves and paving everything, amiright?  Fuck.

Did you not just idiotically state that 11B wanted all land confiscated and have us all live in public housing? So don't start trotting out this garbage about how others are presenting false alternatives.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Jacob

Quote from: Valmy on February 26, 2017, 09:52:05 PM

Really? White knighting? Now Grumbler is using internet LOLZ troll bullshit terms now?

He's finally catching up to the alt-right techniques of circa 2009. We're in for a treat in another 6 years when he starts using "kind and sensitive person".

11B4V

The Wrath of Sean

Spicer checks WH staffers' phones for leaks, vows more searches coming

One official told Fox that White House Press Secretary Sean Spicer called nearly two dozen staffers into his office and demanded the staffers' cell phones in order to check for evidence of leaks. Spicer warned that the initial search would be "recess" compared to what awaits staffers in round two of the investigation, if the leaker – or leakers – aren't discovered.

A second senior administration official confirmed the first official's account to Fox, adding that staffers were instructed to place their phones on a desk as soon as they walked in.

Ironically, Spicer's warning about leaking quickly leaked to the press.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017/02/26/spicer-checks-wh-staffers-phones-for-leaks-vows-more-searches-coming.html
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Jacob

American citizen detained by immigration authorities for three days in spite of providing ID and birth certificate: http://www.nbcchicago.com/news/local/eduardo-caraballo-puerto-rico-deportion-94795779.html

jimmy olsen

Wonderful.  :rolleyes:

http://www.politico.com/story/2017/02/trump-administration-united-nations-human-rights-council-235399

Sources: U.S. considers quitting U.N. Human Rights Council

The body has been accused of unfairly targeting Israel, and Trump aides are questioning its usefulness.

By Nahal Toosi and Eliana Johnson
  | 02/25/17 08:52 PM EST

The Trump administration is considering pulling the United States out of the United Nations Human Rights Council, a body that has been accused of being biased against Israel and criticized for including abusive governments, according to two sources in regular contact with former and current U.S. officials.

No immediate withdrawal is expected ahead of the council's next session, which starts Monday, but discussion of abandoning the council is likely to alarm international activists already worried that the United States will take a lower profile on global human rights issues under President Donald Trump.

A final decision on membership in the council would likely involve Secretary of State Rex Tillerson, as well as the U.S. ambassador to the United Nations, Nikki Haley, and of course the president himself.

A former State Department official briefed on the discussions said while the council's targeting of Israel is likely part of the debate, there also are questions about its roster of members and doubts about its usefulness overall.

Countries known for human rights abuses, such as China and Saudi Arabia, have managed to snag seats on the 47-member council.

"There's been a series of requests coming from the secretary of state's office that suggests that he is questioning the value of the U.S. belonging to the Human Rights Council," the former official said.

In a recent meeting with mid-level State Department officials, Tillerson expressed skepticism about the council, which has a number of powers, including the ability to establish panels that probe alleged human rights abuses.

A spokesman for Haley did not immediately respond to a request for comment Saturday. White House press aides also did not immediately offer comment.

State Department spokesman Mark Toner did not address whether U.S. membership on the council was being reconsidered, but said, "Our delegation will be fully involved in the work of the HRC session which starts Monday."

The Human Rights Council was established in 2006. It replaced the U.N. Human Rights Commission, which had faced severe criticism because countries with poor rights records became members and prevented it from carrying out its mission to the fullest.

The Bush administration refused to join the new council, questioning whether it would be much different. But under President Barack Obama, the U.S. felt it was more useful to be part of the council and try to influence it from the inside, including by speaking out in support of Israel.

Still, supporters of Israel have accused the council of being overly focused on the Jewish-majority state, by pushing critical resolutions, for example.

Israel had a difficult relationship with the Obama administration, one that hit a new low late last year after Obama decided not to veto a U.N. Security Council resolution criticizing Israeli settlement construction.

Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu has made it clear he looks forward to working with Trump, while Haley also has been very public about America's plans to shield Israel from critics at the United Nations.

The Human Rights Council's membership is laced with political symbolism. Last year, Russia lost its seat on the body after a vote by the U.N. General Assembly, apparently due to international fury over Moscow's role in the Syrian conflict.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point