News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

What does a TRUMP presidency look like?

Started by FunkMonk, November 08, 2016, 11:02:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Monoriu

Quote from: Syt on February 14, 2017, 04:06:14 AM

... and now think back to the shit some people gave Biden for even pointing at the guy carrying the football during the campaign.

Not to mention, Hillary's email problems. 

jimmy olsen

John Oliver's airing ads in DC aimed at Trump.

Smug and condescending as fuck, but I still laughed.  :blush: :blush: :blush:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Peqyv5TZqfI
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: The Larch on February 14, 2017, 05:00:04 AM
Quote from: Zanza on February 14, 2017, 01:16:14 AM
Why is his daughter there?

I guess that she'll be for all intents and purposes the unofficial First Lady, as apparently Melania has no interest whatsoever in moving into the White House. Why she's in meetings with foreign leaders without holding any relevant position in the president's team? Beats me, and I don't know how it's tolerated.

Who's not going to tolerate it? 

Syt

Moby, the DJ, chimes in. :hmm:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BQdYaWCDkTY/

Quoteafter spending the weekend talking to friends who work in dc i can safely(well, 'accurately'...) post the following things:

1-the russian dossier on trump is real. 100% real. he's being blackmailed by the russian government, not just for being peed
on by russian hookers, but for much more nefarious things.

2-the trump administration is in collusion with the russian government, and has been since day one.
3-the trump administration needs a war, most likely with iran. at present they are putting u.s warships off the coast
of iran in the hope that iran will attack one of the ships and give the u.s a pretense for invasion.

4-there are right wing plans to get rid of trump. he's a drain on their fundraising and their approval ratings, and the gop and koch
brothers and other u.s right wing groups are planning to get rid of trump.

5-intelligence agencies around the world, and here in the u.s, are horrified by the incompetence of the trump administration, and are
working to present information that will lead to high level firings and, ultimately, impeachment.

i'm writing these things so that when/if these things happen there will be a public record beforehand.

these are truly baffling and horrifying times, as we have an incompetent president who is essentially owned by a foreign power. -moby
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

CountDeMoney

grumbler

Quote from: Syt on February 14, 2017, 07:38:15 AM
Moby, the DJ, chimes in. :hmm:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BQdYaWCDkTY/

Quoteafter spending the weekend talking to friends who work in dc i can safely(well, 'accurately'...) post the following things:

1-the russian dossier on trump is real. 100% real. he's being blackmailed by the russian government, not just for being peed
on by russian hookers, but for much more nefarious things.

2-the trump administration is in collusion with the russian government, and has been since day one.
3-the trump administration needs a war, most likely with iran. at present they are putting u.s warships off the coast
of iran in the hope that iran will attack one of the ships and give the u.s a pretense for invasion.

4-there are right wing plans to get rid of trump. he's a drain on their fundraising and their approval ratings, and the gop and koch
brothers and other u.s right wing groups are planning to get rid of trump.

5-intelligence agencies around the world, and here in the u.s, are horrified by the incompetence of the trump administration, and are
working to present information that will lead to high level firings and, ultimately, impeachment.

i'm writing these things so that when/if these things happen there will be a public record beforehand.

these are truly baffling and horrifying times, as we have an incompetent president who is essentially owned by a foreign power. -moby

Well, now we know who LaCrock really is.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

The Larch

Quote from: CountDeMoney on February 14, 2017, 06:48:58 AM
Quote from: The Larch on February 14, 2017, 05:00:04 AM
Quote from: Zanza on February 14, 2017, 01:16:14 AM
Why is his daughter there?

I guess that she'll be for all intents and purposes the unofficial First Lady, as apparently Melania has no interest whatsoever in moving into the White House. Why she's in meetings with foreign leaders without holding any relevant position in the president's team? Beats me, and I don't know how it's tolerated.

Who's not going to tolerate it?

Beats me, it's not my government, I don't know the nuts and bolts of it, but it seems infinitely weird to me how you have a myriad of checks and balances for some positions (security clearances, background checks, even congressional approval) and for other stuff if the prez is ok any hanger on can be wherever, like Ivanka, her husband, Bannon or that Miller weirdo. If Ivanka gets to sit in meetings with foreign leaders, is there no protocol in place to say "sorry, but you can't be here because you don't hold any official position and are not a government employee anyway"? If Obama had wanted, would Michelle have gotten to sit in those meetings? Or Sasha or Malia?

I get the feeling that lots of stuff were left at the discretion of the president because it was always assumed that there'd always be a reasonable person in the position, but you might want to write lots of things down so you don't get another Trump doing weird stuff like that down the line.

grumbler

Quote from: The Larch on February 14, 2017, 08:01:28 AM
Beats me, it's not my government, I don't know the nuts and bolts of it, but it seems infinitely weird to me how you have a myriad of checks and balances for some positions (security clearances, background checks, even congressional approval) and for other stuff if the prez is ok any hanger on can be wherever, like Ivanka, her husband, Bannon or that Miller weirdo. If Ivanka gets to sit in meetings with foreign leaders, is there no protocol in place to say "sorry, but you can't be here because you don't hold any official position and are not a government employee anyway"? If Obama had wanted, would Michelle have gotten to sit in those meetings? Or Sasha or Malia?

I get the feeling that lots of stuff were left at the discretion of the president because it was always assumed that there'd always be a reasonable person in the position, but you might want to write lots of things down so you don't get another Trump doing weird stuff like that down the line.

I'm rather surprised that your PM has to get parliament's approval for his personal aides and staff.  The POTUS can hire anyone he wants to serve in jobs not specifically designated as requiring senatorial confirmation.  The president's personal staff cannot get access to classified information above their clearance level, but they cannot be denied a clearance based on lack of congressional approval.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

The Minsky Moment

Quote from: grumbler on February 14, 2017, 07:47:53 AM

I was going to say Martim, but Moby just says "friends" in DC.  As opposed to the guy who delivers coffee to the second assistant to the deputy in charge of consular notarizations.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

grumbler

Quote from: The Minsky Moment on February 14, 2017, 10:06:18 AM

I was going to say Martim, but Moby just says "friends" in DC.  As opposed to the guy who delivers coffee to the second assistant to the deputy in charge of consular notarizations.

I was looking at the atrocious grammar, sentence structure, and punctuation.  Martim at least can write.

Bayraktar!

Grey Fox

Quote from: grumbler on February 14, 2017, 10:07:39 AM

I was looking at the atrocious grammar, sentence structure, and punctuation.  Martim at least can write.

It's not me.

I promise.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

crazy canuck

Quote from: CountDeMoney on February 13, 2017, 08:15:48 PM
Quote from: Monoriu on February 13, 2017, 08:07:38 PM
Sure, but there is nothing Canada can do to prevent that from happening.

Right, so Canada needs to dispense of the niceties.

The only reason you and Garbon think it is a good idea to have a foreign power commenting on US domestic politics is because you agree with what the current Canadian PM would likely say.  But imagine how Americans on the other side of that debate would feel about it.  And reflect on how you feel about Russian interference in US domestic politics.

derspiess

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Eddie Teach

Moby is famous, he might really know the Portuguese ambassador.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?