And we're back!

Main Menu

What does a TRUMP presidency look like?

Started by FunkMonk, November 08, 2016, 11:02:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Berkut

Quote from: Valmy on February 15, 2017, 12:47:32 PM
Quote from: derspiess on February 15, 2017, 12:15:19 PM
I've been told it was the same as voting for Trump, so if you want to keep pretending I voted Trump, go ahead :D

Since there was no chance you were voting for Hillary I considered your move a principled stand and I appreciated it. For what it's worth.

There was no principle involved other than "I am not voting for the Democrat, and Trump is perfectly fine with me as long as he isn't Hillary".

If there is a principle buried in there, it certainly is not worthy of appreciation.

And he spent the entire election cycle going on and on and on and on and on and on about how terrible Hillary was and how no matter how bad Trump could possilby be, he would still be better than Hillary.

So now we have a President who is in bed with the Russians, grossly incompetent, and the US is the laughing stock of the world. And his stance is STILL "Everything is fine, nothing to see here, at least it isn't Hillary".

He is a smarter Trump fan boy than LaCriox or Marty, but the content of his position is identical.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

CountDeMoney

Quote from: derspiess on February 15, 2017, 11:55:03 AM
Quote from: viper37 on February 15, 2017, 11:39:46 AM
Quote from: derspiess on February 15, 2017, 11:38:02 AM
Man you guys are really hung up on the Benghazi thing.
"you guys" ??  That was your camp that kept bringing it up during the campaign.  You will disavow your team, now?

I don't remember Gary Johnson making that big of an issue of it.

That's because that useless bonghead stoner honestly thought that Benghazi was opening for Phish, then had to check his ticket stub and realized he was thinking about Fugazi.

Valmy

LaCroix voted for Hillary and Marty is a damn foreigner though.

Frankly I am not exactly sure what Spicey thinks on the matter. I appreciated him not voting for Trump. I see that he has decided to just crack jokes on Languish and at least he has some wit and common sense unlike LaCroix and Marty.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Berkut

Quote from: Valmy on February 15, 2017, 12:56:51 PM

Frankly I am not exactly sure what Spicey thinks on the matter. I appreciated him not voting for Trump. I see that he has decided to just crack jokes on Languish and at least he has some wit and common sense unlike LaCroix and Marty.

He has made his position on Trump perfectly clear. He is a Trump supporter.

I suspect at some point he will start trying to pretend like he was "just kidding".

0 rows returned

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Valmy

See that makes no sense to me. If he was a Trump supporter he would have just voted for Trump. Most of his family did.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

alfred russel

Quote from: Berkut on February 15, 2017, 12:57:54 PM
Quote from: Valmy on February 15, 2017, 12:56:51 PM

He has made his position on Trump perfectly clear. He is a Trump supporter.

I suspect at some point he will start trying to pretend like he was "just kidding".

He has been a reliable republican voter who decided not to vote republican in this election. If more republicans done the same, trump would not be president.

I'm not sure how that makes him a supporter. Pounding out lots of words on the internet doesn't impact anything. Voting is the most meaningful way we can impact the system, and he chose not to vote for trump.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

frunk

derspiess voted for Johnson.  It gave him these options regardless of the result.

Hillary gets elected:  "She's terrible, glad I didn't vote for her"
Trump gets elected:  "He's terrible, glad I didn't vote for him"

He gets amused by us claiming he voted for Trump because he knows he didn't, and he enjoys playing the persecuted conservative.

Berkut

Support has to do with more than just who you claim to have voted for.

Spicy is the stereotype of the Trump supporter, regardless of whether he actually voted for Johnson or not.

Every single discussion comes back to "Yeah, but Hillary...."

Every post is a troll, it is all a faux troll to give him a fig lead of deniability for backing the authoritarian douchebag.

He is the worst kind of Trump supporter - the one who knows better enough to be ashamed of just being an outright bigot, but not so much as to NOT support him.

He will laugh it off and pretend like it was all just a front, as he has just started doing now.

0 rows returned

derspiess

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

alfred russel

Quote from: Berkut on February 15, 2017, 01:30:48 PM

Spicy is the stereotype of the Trump supporter, regardless of whether he actually voted for Johnson or not.

Every post is a troll, it is all a faux troll to give him a fig lead of deniability for backing the authoritarian douchebag.

He is the worst kind of Trump supporter - the one who knows better enough to be ashamed of just being an outright bigot, but not so much as to NOT support him.

He will laugh it off and pretend like it was all just a front, as he has just started doing now.

You are using words like "support" and "backing", but how is he doing this? He apparently didn't vote for Trump, didn't campaign for Trump, hasn't donated to Trump, isn't volunteering for Trump, and isn't even advocating for him online.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

Barrister

Quote from: alfred russel on February 15, 2017, 01:37:56 PM
Quote from: Berkut on February 15, 2017, 01:30:48 PM

You are using words like "support" and "backing", but how is he doing this? He apparently didn't vote for Trump, didn't campaign for Trump, hasn't donated to Trump, isn't volunteering for Trump, and isn't even advocating for him online.

Posting on Languish is serious business.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Liep

Trump is asked about sharp rise in anti-Semitic incidents across the US

He starts his answer by talking about his electoral college victory (ends up talking about his beautiful daughter)

https://twitter.com/BraddJaffy/status/831922145915707392

EDIT: Transcription

But the video is worth it for Netanyahu's expression when Trump is looking at him to confirm that he was indeed not suppose to break 220. :lol:
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Syt

Quote from: Liep on February 15, 2017, 01:42:17 PM
Trump is asked about sharp rise in anti-Semitic incidents across the US

He starts his answer by talking about his electoral college victory (ends up talking about his beautiful daughter)

https://twitter.com/BraddJaffy/status/831922145915707392

EDIT: Transcription

But the video is worth it for Netanyahu's expression when Trump is looking at him to confirm that he was indeed not suppose to break 220. :lol:

I liked this Twitter reply:

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

citizen k

Quote from: CountDeMoney on February 15, 2017, 12:56:01 PM
Quote from: derspiess on February 15, 2017, 11:55:03 AM
Quote from: viper37 on February 15, 2017, 11:39:46 AM
Quote from: derspiess on February 15, 2017, 11:38:02 AM
Man you guys are really hung up on the Benghazi thing.
"you guys" ??  That was your camp that kept bringing it up during the campaign.  You will disavow your team, now?

I don't remember Gary Johnson making that big of an issue of it.

That's because that useless bonghead stoner honestly thought that Benghazi was opening for Phish, then had to check his ticket stub and realized he was thinking about Fugazi.

Gary thought Aleppo was dog food.  ;)