News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

What does a TRUMP presidency look like?

Started by FunkMonk, November 08, 2016, 11:02:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jacob

Quote from: garbon on February 13, 2017, 06:40:10 PM
You don't really lose much either. Well maybe chance that Trump randomly decides to like you and your evil NAFTA.

Canada stands to lose a lot from needlessly pissing off the US. You're a superpower - economically and economically. You are our largest trading partner.

Should the US turn into a bona fide Fascist dictatorship, I expect the Canadian government to stick to the "American internal affairs are for Americans. We may have some disagreements, but we the foundation of our relationship is neighbourliness" and smile.

Jacob

Quote from: garbon on February 13, 2017, 06:40:59 PM
Okay but with Trump, we aren't really in charted waters. I'd hate for evil to triumph for the sake of decorum.

The Canadian government saying bad things about - or to - Trump is not going to help or hinder evil's triumph.

alfred russel

Quote from: jimmy olsen on February 13, 2017, 06:58:20 PM
Get ready for 200 dollar a barrel oil

Instability in the middle east combined with oil production plummeting in Nigeria due to the spread of ebola among oil workers makes $200 oil a lock. Thanks for the prediction tim.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Jacob on February 13, 2017, 07:02:39 PM
You don't really lose much either. Well maybe chance that Trump randomly decides to like you and your evil NAFTA.

Canada stands to lose a lot from needlessly pissing off the US. You're a superpower - economically and economically. You are our largest trading partner.

Should the US turn into a bona fide Fascist dictatorship, I expect the Canadian government to stick to the "American internal affairs are for Americans. We may have some disagreements, but we the foundation of our relationship is neighbourliness" and smile.

Yeah, but the sad part is we're your largest trading partner.  We sink to the bottom, you're going to be drowning with us.

Monoriu

Quote from: CountDeMoney on February 13, 2017, 08:04:35 PM
Quote from: Jacob on February 13, 2017, 07:02:39 PM

Yeah, but the sad part is we're your largest trading partner.  We sink to the bottom, you're going to be drowning with us.

Sure, but there is nothing Canada can do to prevent that from happening. 

11B4V

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

CountDeMoney

Quote from: FunkMonk on February 13, 2017, 02:45:24 PM
With all the leaks and opsec violations and general incompetence plaguing this administration the Israelis/Chinese/Russians/Martians must be having a field day at their spy agencies

The thing is, back in the day, the Russians could have as much intelligence as they wanted--but their own internal hesitancy, distrust, and overall conspiratorial belief that the CIA and FBI were behind everything offered at least a backstop.  Now, our only hope is they have a conspiratorial belief that Trump is as a crazy and incompetent as he comes across.

Quote from: Jacob on February 13, 2017, 05:12:02 PM
Did we already cover how people got to snap selfies with the gentleman holding the nuclear football?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/trump-turns-mar-a-lago-club-terrace-into-open-air-situation-room/2017/02/13/c5525096-f20d-11e6-a9b0-ecee7ce475fc_story.html?utm_term=.903fdbdf9cbe

It is telling how insane everything in Trumpworld is, in that what would've been a major diplomatic faux pas--his insult of Abe by introducing him as "Prime Minister Shinzo"--is completely overshadowed by the rest of the absolute uncontrolled projectile diarrhea of this administration.

We're all going to die.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Monoriu on February 13, 2017, 08:07:38 PM

Right, so Canada needs to dispense of the niceties.

Monoriu

Quote from: CountDeMoney on February 13, 2017, 08:15:48 PM
Quote from: Monoriu on February 13, 2017, 08:07:38 PM

Right, so Canada needs to dispense of the niceties.

No.  As the US is Canada's largest trading partner and military protector, Canada must continue to play nice. 

11B4V

And if they don't, we'll build a wall or bluster about it.

WE MUST COUNTER ILLEGAL CANADIAN SHOPPERS. THEY WILL PAY A TAX.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

CountDeMoney

HVC

Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: HVC on February 13, 2017, 08:33:56 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on February 13, 2017, 08:31:25 PM
OPERATION ENDURING LEAF BLOWER

:perv:

It's not what you think it is.  Oral sex with Tai Domi is not an option.  We do not negotiate with terrorists.

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

CountDeMoney

Canuckin' Fuckin', Volume 7:  Face Off Facials