And we're back!

Main Menu

What does a TRUMP presidency look like?

Started by FunkMonk, November 08, 2016, 11:02:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CountDeMoney

Quote from: garbon on February 12, 2017, 02:19:38 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on February 12, 2017, 01:13:38 PM
Ed only uses his sock when there are no more eesential verkers to shoot at from his balcony.

I was following the sexual metaphor up until the balcony bit. Translation?

alfred russel

Ed only uses his sock when there are no more eesential verkers to shoot at from his balcony.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FcyLRTB9fRY
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

mongers

Small projecting object part way down body of building, that serves little purpose save for making grandstanding gestures with it.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

garbon

Quote from: CountDeMoney on February 12, 2017, 02:26:15 PM

Oh S&M. Well why didn't you just say so?
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

DGuller

Quote from: dps on February 12, 2017, 06:39:07 AM
La Croix, up until the recent Trump fandom, had been a decent and useful poster.
Let's not go overboard.  While he has gone downhill rapidly, he was never that high up on the hill to begin with.  His posts stylistically were as much of a mess then as they are now, and the thinking was just as confused if you bothered to spend extra mental effort to decode his posts.  The only difference now is that he's exaggerating these faults in a defiant hissy fit.

garbon

http://www.newyorker.com/humor/borowitz-report/nation-with-crumbling-bridges-and-roads-excited-to-build-giant-wall

QuoteNATION WITH CRUMBLING BRIDGES AND ROADS EXCITED TO BUILD GIANT WALL

WASHINGTON (The Borowitz Report)—As America's bridges, roads, and other infrastructure dangerously deteriorate from decades of neglect, there is a mounting sense of urgency that it is time to build a giant wall.

Across the U.S., whose rail system is a rickety antique plagued by deadly accidents, Americans are increasingly recognizing that building a wall with Mexico, and possibly another one with Canada, should be the country's top priority.

Harland Dorrinson, the executive director of a Washington-based think tank called the Center for Responsible Immigration, believes that most Americans favor the building of border walls over extravagant pet projects like structurally sound freeway overpasses.

"The estimated cost of a border wall with Mexico is five billion dollars," he said. "We could easily blow the same amount of money on infrastructure repairs and have nothing to show for it but functioning highways."

Congress has dragged its feet on infrastructure spending in recent years, but Dorrinson senses growing support in Washington for building a giant border wall. "Even if for some reason we don't get the Mexicans to pay for it, five billion is a steal," he said.

While some think that America's declining infrastructure is a national-security threat, Dorrinson strongly disagrees. "If immigrants somehow get over the wall, the condition of our bridges and roads will keep them from getting very far," he said.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

viper37

Btw, latest estimates are closer to 21 billion$ than 5...
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

celedhring

You know this is a satire article, right?

Jacob

Did you see the bit where Jared Kushner's newspaper - the Observer - calls out Flynn as incompetent and more?

QuoteThat the IC has ample grounds for concern is demonstrated by almost daily revelations of major problems inside the White House, a mere three weeks after the inauguration. The president has repeatedly gone out of his way to antagonize our spies, mocking them and demeaning their work, and Trump's personal national security guru can't seem to keep his story straight on vital issues.

That's Mike Flynn, the retired Army three-star general who now heads the National Security Council. Widely disliked in Washington for his brash personality and preference for conspiracy-theorizing over intelligence facts, Flynn was fired as head of the Defense Intelligence Agency for managerial incompetence and poor judgment—flaws he has brought to the far more powerful and political NSC.

http://observer.com/2017/02/donald-trump-administration-mike-flynn-russian-embassy/

CountDeMoney

Yeah...apparently the last week or so, Flynn's moved to the front of the pack in the "Most Likely to Be Fired First" derby.  Does not work and play well with others, and while Trump enjoys factional infighting in his decision-making process, Flynn's becoming an issue with everybody.

viper37

Quote from: celedhring on February 12, 2017, 04:51:58 PM
yes I know.  But the 21billion isn't.  Poor Americans :(
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

11B4V

Quote from: CountDeMoney on February 12, 2017, 04:57:05 PM
Yeah...apparently the last week or so, Flynn's moved to the front of the pack in the "Most Likely to Be Fired First" derby.  Does not work and play well with others, and while Trump enjoys factional infighting in his decision-making process, Flynn's becoming an issue with everybody.

Makes "The Boss" look bad.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

CountDeMoney

Quote from: 11B4V on February 12, 2017, 05:15:47 PM
Makes "The Boss" look bad.

Oh yes, that above all else is the unforgivable sin.

Eddie Teach

Quote from: viper37 on February 12, 2017, 05:00:45 PM
Quote from: celedhring on February 12, 2017, 04:51:58 PM
yes I know.  But the 21billion isn't.  Poor Americans :(

It's a matter of national prestige. China has one so we need one too.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Ed Anger

Quote from: alfred russel on February 12, 2017, 02:26:37 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FcyLRTB9fRY

I had to read the Youtube comments.  :wacko:
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive