What does a TRUMP presidency look like?

Started by FunkMonk, November 08, 2016, 11:02:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CountDeMoney

Quote from: DGuller on December 30, 2016, 04:26:25 PM
Seriously, what the fuck is up with Trump and Putin?  Trump is super inconsistent about every single issues I can think of, except for his sycophantic expression of admiration for Putin. 

Something doesn't add up here.  Even if there is no funny business there and he wants to reconcile with Russia out of pure pragmatism, why broadcast your infatuation to everyone and give up all your bargaining power?

He is a compromised asset.  Both he and Flynn have made multiple trips to Russia in recent years--as private citizens, and therefore without benefit of the proper security awareness, or measures such as TSCM taken. 

We don't know how compromised they are, and to what degree.  Phones, laptops, personal devices. The ability to conduct and maintain state espionage starts there.  That's why they are both national security threats in the matter in which they conduct themselves. 

Basic fucking ignorance, illiteracy, lack of education and supremely flawed egotism aside Trump's insistence on bypassing State and the CIA isn't just about "protocol", it's about national security. Speaking on unsecured and unencrypted cell phones to world leaders, transition personnel.  What if that moron insists on NOT using POTUS assets like the White House or Air Force One, and things go bad involving NATO?  The entire National Command Authority is compromised--and what happens when Russia knows beforehand our strategic intentions on the cusp of a shooting war being directed from a conference call to "Mad Dog" and friends from Trump Tower?  First strike.  Decapitation strike.

But nooooo, a private server full of "Plz print this policy doc on SNAP larger, thx" emails was considered more dangerous. Because Hillary.

Berkut

Seriously, what the fuck is up with Trump and Putin?  Trump is super inconsistent about every single issues I can think of, except for his sycophantic expression of admiration for Putin. 

Something doesn't add up here.  Even if there is no funny business there and he wants to reconcile with Russia out of pure pragmatism, why broadcast your infatuation to everyone and give up all your bargaining power?

It is fucking bizarre.

The only thing even more troubling than his love affair with Putin is the spectacle of watching the Republicans all line up behind him and start parroting how maybe Putin really isn't such a bad guy...

I know it is over-used, but Reagan is definitely fucking rolling over in his grave, and I mean the mythological Reagan that the right idolizes, not even the actual, real Reagan.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Berkut

I think a good chunk of Trumps infatuation with Putin is this insecurity he has over wanting to be part of the "real" rich world crowd.

He sees Putin as what he wants to be - that supremely confident true leader who people want to follow, rather than his having to buy his followers. That is, of course, a completely false image, but it is the perception that Putin sells to the gullible like Trump.

Trump so desperately wants to BE Putin it isn't even funny.

Of course, the reality is that Putin is operating on a completely different scale from Trump. It is like comparing Newton and a high school algebra teacher. Putin is playing him - playing people like Trump is what Putin was trained to do from the start, and has honed that craft at the highest levels.

Putin is, at the end of the day, KGB. And playing an asset like Trump he learned a long, long time ago.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

DGuller

Quote from: CountDeMoney on December 30, 2016, 05:11:11 PM

He is a compromised asset.  Both he and Flynn have made multiple trips to Russia in recent years--as private citizens, and therefore without benefit of the proper security awareness, or measures such as TSCM taken. 

We don't know how compromised they are, and to what degree.  Phones, laptops, personal devices. The ability to conduct and maintain state espionage starts there.  That's why they are both national security threats in the matter in which they conduct themselves. 

Basic fucking ignorance, illiteracy, lack of education and supremely flawed egotism aside Trump's insistence on bypassing State and the CIA isn't just about "protocol", it's about national security. Speaking on unsecured and unencrypted cell phones to world leaders, transition personnel.  What if that moron insists on NOT using POTUS assets like the White House or Air Force One, and things go bad involving NATO?  The entire National Command Authority is compromised--and what happens when Russia knows beforehand our strategic intentions on the cusp of a shooting war being directed from a conference call to "Mad Dog" and friends from Trump Tower?  First strike.  Decapitation strike.

But nooooo, a private server full of "Plz print this policy doc on SNAP larger, thx" emails was considered more dangerous. Because Hillary.
If reality is just a computer simulation, then some asshole must've save-scummed the hell out of 2016.  Every bit of insanity, every bit of bad decision-making, every bit of bad luck, all that consistently went in favor of the bad guys.  And not "people I disagree with" bad guys, but truly villainous people.

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Syt

Also:

QuoteRussians are playing @CNN and @NBCNews for such fools - funny to watch, they don't have a clue! @FoxNews totally gets it!
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

CountDeMoney

Admiral Yi

CountDeMoney

Eddie Teach

And they said Trump was having trouble finding A-list talent.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

CountDeMoney

Yes, I suppose Kellyanne Conway could spin that into "a list" of sorts.  :lol:

11B4V

Like a straight to DVD Steven Seagal flick.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

11B4V

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive