What does a TRUMP presidency look like?

Started by FunkMonk, November 08, 2016, 11:02:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Ed Anger on December 29, 2016, 08:10:47 PM
Pootie Poot is my spirit animal

Pootie Poot would chock your scooter, put a boot on it and then give it to a friend.

jimmy olsen

Quote from: citizen k on December 29, 2016, 08:02:06 PM
Funny how after all the decades of the Cold War, WWIII starts because a political party is incapable of self-reflection and is so desperate to deflect the blame for their electoral loss. So sad.  :cry:

How can a political party with no political power start WWIII?  :huh:
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Ed Anger

Quote from: CountDeMoney on December 29, 2016, 08:11:51 PM

Pootie Poot would chock your scooter, put a boot on it and then give it to a friend.

I'D STILL HAVE MY POWER CHAIR
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

citizen k

Quote from: jimmy olsen on December 29, 2016, 08:12:38 PM

Obviously, the Obama admin can still make some trouble.

11B4V

Quote from: Ed Anger on December 29, 2016, 08:14:47 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on December 29, 2016, 08:11:51 PM

I'D STILL HAVE MY POWER CHAIR

It doesn't have the range outside Bartertown.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Admiral Yi

Funny how after all the decades of the Cold War, WWIII starts because a political party is incapable of self-reflection and is so desperate to deflect the blame for their electoral loss. So sad.  :cry:

wut?  :huh:

jimmy olsen

Quote from: citizen k on December 29, 2016, 08:16:27 PM
Quote from: jimmy olsen on December 29, 2016, 08:12:38 PM

Obviously, the Obama admin can still make some trouble.

Yes, because he's shown a willingness to be reckless.  :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Has he done anything of note for his entire second term with regards to foreign affairs?
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

dps

Quote from: Admiral Yi on December 29, 2016, 08:18:38 PM

wut?  :huh:

It was apparently an attempt at humor.  Note that I didn't say it was a joke, because that would imply that the attempt succeeded on some level.

Berkut

Quote from: dps on December 29, 2016, 06:55:55 PM
Quote from: Admiral Yi on December 29, 2016, 06:34:16 PM
Disagree.  More and more the oligarchs are placeholders.  Hit one and a new face gets slotted in as head of Rosneft or Gazprom. 

Yeah, but Berkut wasn't suggesting targeting individual oligarchs--he was suggesting targeting the financial assets.  Replacing the person in charge of those assets doesn't do Putin any good if the assets themselves have been seized.

The problem is that I'm not sure that enough of those assets to make a difference are situated such that we can seize them.

You might be right, but what the hell, lets give it a shot!
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Syt

https://www.instagram.com/p/BOmuafXjnVB/

"My Administration will follow two simple rules: BUY AMERICAN and HIRE AMERICAN! #USA"

Good luck buying those U.S. manufactured consumer electronics, from PCs to cell phones. Or clothes.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

DGuller

Seriously, what the fuck is up with Trump and Putin?  Trump is super inconsistent about every single issues I can think of, except for his sycophantic expression of admiration for Putin. 

Something doesn't add up here.  Even if there is no funny business there and he wants to reconcile with Russia out of pure pragmatism, why broadcast your infatuation to everyone and give up all your bargaining power?

MadImmortalMan

It's easier to slip the knife in when you can get close.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

DGuller

Quote from: MadImmortalMan on December 30, 2016, 04:51:28 PM
It's easier to slip the knife in when you can get close.
I sure hope that this is in fact the secret agenda.  But when it comes to Trump, all such hopes so far have proven to be delusional, so I'm not that hopeful about this hope.

alfred russel

Quote from: DGuller on December 30, 2016, 04:26:25 PM
Seriously, what the fuck is up with Trump and Putin?  Trump is super inconsistent about every single issues I can think of, except for his sycophantic expression of admiration for Putin. 

Something doesn't add up here.  Even if there is no funny business there and he wants to reconcile with Russia out of pure pragmatism, why broadcast your infatuation to everyone and give up all your bargaining power?

He is a troll. it gets him press but doesn't seem to turn off his base.

Also, I suspect he feels something of a bond with Putin, in the sense that the western political establishment rejects both of them.

Trump apparently just tweeted out that he always knew Putin was very smart.  :lol:
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014