What does a TRUMP presidency look like?

Started by FunkMonk, November 08, 2016, 11:02:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimmy olsen

Quote from: CountDeMoney on December 29, 2016, 05:10:11 PM
35 Russians?  That's quite a crowd to walk back to Checkpoint Charlie.
No kidding, what a toothless response.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

11B4V

Quote from: jimmy olsen on December 29, 2016, 06:05:05 PM

What else do you want, B2's coming low in over the horizon. :rolleyes:
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Berkut

I think the only responses that can move Putin, if anything can, is going after those who support him - the oligarchs.

Threaten their money. Freeze their assets wherever we can get to them.

Russia has basically declared a new Cold War on the US and the West. We need to stop acting like if we keep responding to aggression with diplomacy, eventually they will figure out that cooperation is a good idea. They won't, they haven't, and people like Putin never stop on their own - they have to be stopped  by someone else. They will always keep pushing to see how much more they can get, their power depends on it.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Admiral Yi

Disagree.  More and more the oligarchs are placeholders.  Hit one and a new face gets slotted in as head of Rosneft or Gazprom. 

grumbler

Quote from: Admiral Yi on December 29, 2016, 06:34:16 PM
Disagree.  More and more the oligarchs are placeholders.  Hit one and a new face gets slotted in as head of Rosneft or Gazprom.

I think you are right.  Putin makes oligarchs, these days.  They no longer make him.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

dps

Quote from: Admiral Yi on December 29, 2016, 06:34:16 PM

Yeah, but Berkut wasn't suggesting targeting individual oligarchs--he was suggesting targeting the financial assets.  Replacing the person in charge of those assets doesn't do Putin any good if the assets themselves have been seized.

The problem is that I'm not sure that enough of those assets to make a difference are situated such that we can seize them.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: 11B4V on December 29, 2016, 06:06:17 PM
Quote from: jimmy olsen on December 29, 2016, 06:05:05 PM

What else do you want, B2's coming low in over the horizon. :rolleyes:

:lol:  OUR EAST GERMAN ASSETS ARE BLOWN

I think what will be even more interesting is how more info comes out on these two "facilities" they're shutting down.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Berkut on December 29, 2016, 06:12:23 PM
I think the only responses that can move Putin, if anything can, is going after those who support him - the oligarchs.

Fuck freezing it.  Just make it disappear.  110 people possess 35% of Russian wealth.  That's a lot of zeros and commas that are laying around somewhere.  Just make it disappear.

jimmy olsen

Quote from: CountDeMoney on December 29, 2016, 07:04:59 PM
Quote from: Berkut on December 29, 2016, 06:12:23 PM

Fuck freezing it.  Just make it disappear.  110 people possess 35% of Russian wealth.  That's a lot of zeros and commas that are laying around somewhere.  Just make it disappear.

A quick google says that is equivalent to 214 billion dollars. Wouldn't erasing all that cause a global financial metldown? And that's not even taking into account Russian retaliation in kind.
QuoteRussia has a population of 143.5 million generating total household wealth of £750billion, but £263billion of that is owned by just 110 people. 'Russia has the highest level of wealth inequality in the world, apart from small Caribbean nations with resident billionaires,' said Credit Suisse.

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
1 Karma Chameleon point

CountDeMoney

jimmy olsen

1 Karma Chameleon point

CountDeMoney

citizen k

Funny how after all the decades of the Cold War, WWIII starts because a political party is incapable of self-reflection and is so desperate to deflect the blame for their electoral loss. So sad.  :cry:

11B4V

Quote from: citizen k on December 29, 2016, 08:02:06 PM
Funny how after all the decades of the Cold War, WWIII starts because a political party is incapable of self-reflection and is so desperate to deflect the blame for their electoral loss. So sad.  :cry:

That's a joke right.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive