News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

What does a TRUMP presidency look like?

Started by FunkMonk, November 08, 2016, 11:02:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sheilbh

In his latest trip to churches he's visiting the St John Paul II shrine in DC. The Archbishop of DC has issued a statement:
Let's bomb Russia!

The Brain

Quote from: Sheilbh on June 02, 2020, 12:20:28 PM
In his latest trip to churches he's visiting the St John Paul II shrine in DC. The Archbishop of DC has issued a statement:

Organized pedophilia OTOH was fine.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

The Minsky Moment

He's using the RSV not KJV!  He really is the Antichrist!
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

Admiral Yi

Quote from: The Minsky Moment on June 02, 2020, 12:25:09 PM

I noticed that too.  :lol:

The Brain

In his defense he has never read a word of it.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Syt

Maybe worried he catches THE GAY from the KJV.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Malthus

Quote from: The Minsky Moment on June 02, 2020, 11:10:37 AM
Trump holds a Bible like it burns his hands to touch it.

For those inclined to that belief system, seems to me Trump would be a pretty good fit for the Antichrist.

Isn't the Antichrist supposed to be convincing and charismatic though? 😄
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Caliga

Quote from: Malthus on June 02, 2020, 12:52:17 PM
Isn't the Antichrist supposed to be convincing and charismatic though? 😄
Some people see Trump as both convincing and charismatic  :wacko:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Sheilbh

Let's bomb Russia!

Caliga

0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Berkut

Quote from: Admiral Yi on June 01, 2020, 11:52:54 PM
https://www.ajc.com/news/local/georgia-supreme-court-kemp-can-appoint-justice-blackwell-successor/UrF91MCmfGkELsbhSO8jfK/

The first report here about the Georgia governor cancelling an election was not quite accurate.

There was a petition in court to hold an election to fill a GA supreme court seat that will be vacated after the November election.  That petition was denied. 

Te report was perfectly accurate.

Note that this article here seems to leave out a rather key element to this entire scheme.

The "resignation" that is happening in November? It is for a seat that would be vacated in the normal manner in December.

So the justice is "resigning" the seat he would have vacated due to his term ending like 4 weeks later. And he is doing it months and month ahead of time, so that specifially, they could cancel the election that was scheduled to elect his successor.

Normally, his term would end in December. The election to see who fills that seat should have happened a couple weeks ago. But he "resigned" his seat in advance a week before that, so the governor could accept his resignation, in advance, while allowing him to serve out the rest of his term (other than the 4 weeks between his resignation and when his term was up), and allowing the governor to appoint his successor for 2 more years beyond that, and cancel the actual election.

Forget whether this is technically legal (it appears to be due to a loophole in how the law was written). It is clearly a gross violation of the intent of democracy. I don't care how many justices pretend like this is ok. It is almost worse BECAUSE it is technically legal, while being obviously criminal in its actual practice.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

alfred russel

It is an issue of how the Georgia constitution was written. Why would you presume it was written with the intent of anything like our modern conception of democracy?
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

Valmy

Quote from: alfred russel on June 02, 2020, 01:20:37 PM
It is an issue of how the Georgia constitution was written. Why would you presume it was written with the intent of anything like our modern conception of democracy?

Well it was written in 1982. I guess that distant and exotic time had ancient concepts of democracy that are hard for our modern minds to grasp.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

alfred russel

Quote from: Valmy on June 02, 2020, 01:34:06 PM
Quote from: alfred russel on June 02, 2020, 01:20:37 PM

Well it was written in 1982. I guess that distant and exotic time had ancient concepts of democracy that are hard for our modern minds to grasp.

It was revised in 1982, but also 1982 Georgia was effectively a one party state (but with an ascending Republican party).
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

Syt

Donald J. Trump
@realDonaldTrump

My Admin has done more for the Black Community than any President since Abraham Lincoln. Passed Opportunity Zones with @SenatorTimScott, guaranteed funding for HBCU's, School Choice, passed Criminal Justice Reform, lowest Black unemployment, poverty, and crime rates in history...

...AND THE BEST IS YET TO COME!

Sounds like a threat.  :hmm: Also ... more than any president since Lincoln?  :wacko:
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.