News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

What does a TRUMP presidency look like?

Started by FunkMonk, November 08, 2016, 11:02:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syt

Quote from: The Minsky Moment on June 02, 2020, 11:10:37 AM
Trump holds a Bible like it burns his hands to touch it.

For those inclined to that belief system, seems to me Trump would be a pretty good fit for the Antichrist.

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

grumbler

Quote from: The Brain on June 02, 2020, 10:00:10 AM
Quote from: grumbler on June 02, 2020, 09:49:46 AM
Quote from: The Brain on June 02, 2020, 09:46:11 AM

I realized back in 2003 that trying to have a detailed discussion with you isn't worth it. So I'm happy to discuss things with you, but I'll pass on explaining the details.

:D  Not a very graceful concession, but I'll take it.

You appear confused.

No.  I challenged you to find a quote to support your claim about my position, and you responded that you can't be bothered with details... details like actually demonstrating that your claim had any basis in fact.

By conceding that you had no evidence whatsoever that you know my position better than I do, you are conceding that your position is untenable and you aren't going to try to defend the indefensible.  That's good enough for me.  It's really not very confusing if you are at all interested in reading for comprehension and making logical conclusions.  Trolls might get confused, though.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

grumbler

Quote from: Habbaku on June 02, 2020, 10:06:11 AM
He dodders a bit. Best to avoid, Brain, but I think you already know that.

Says the guy babbling about "creepy asterisks!"    :lol:
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

The Brain

Quote from: grumbler on June 02, 2020, 11:14:05 AM

I realized back in 2003 that trying to have a detailed discussion with you isn't worth it. So I'm happy to discuss things with you, but I'll pass on explaining the details.

You appear confused.

No.  I challenged you to find a quote to support your claim about my position, and you responded that you can't be bothered with details... details like actually demonstrating that your claim had any basis in fact.

By conceding that you had no evidence whatsoever that you know my position better than I do, you are conceding that your position is untenable and you aren't going to try to defend the indefensible.  That's good enough for me.  It's really not very confusing if you are at all interested in reading for comprehension and making logical conclusions.  Trolls might get confused, though.

:lol: Oh, honey...

:hmm: Clearly someone is gonna have to be the bigger man here. Hey katmai, can you come over here a second?

grumbler

Quote from: The Brain on June 02, 2020, 11:17:02 AM
Quote from: grumbler on June 02, 2020, 11:14:05 AM

You appear confused.

:lol: Oh, honey...

:hmm: Clearly someone is gonna have to be the bigger man here. Hey katmai, can you come over here a second?

First Rule of Holes.

Bayraktar!

mongers

"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

crazy canuck

Quote from: Syt on June 02, 2020, 11:12:25 AM
Quote from: The Minsky Moment on June 02, 2020, 11:10:37 AM
Trump holds a Bible like it burns his hands to touch it.

For those inclined to that belief system, seems to me Trump would be a pretty good fit for the Antichrist.

What was the point of the photo op?  Why did he feel the need to clear people away with tear gas just to get that shot?

From the point of a view of a true believer Trumpist.  What is to be gained?

Sheilbh

I feel like the photo op was the tear gassing and shooting; him moving people on. Wanted to show the Governors etc what strength and dominance look like.
Let's bomb Russia!

garbon

Quote from: Sheilbh on June 02, 2020, 12:06:52 PM
I feel like the photo op was the tear gassing and shooting; him moving people on. Wanted to show the Governors etc what strength and dominance look like.

My boss said it tells his white supporters that he has their back.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

crazy canuck

Good point, he needed to establish some tough guy cred after hiding in the basement on Friday I guess.

Admiral Yi

He wanted to show his base that he is a God-Fearing Defender of the One True Faith and that the Evil Antifa Bastards are desecrating our holy places.  And to prove that he won't instantly be turned into a pillar of salt when he touches the Bible.

Sheilbh

Have we learned nothing from the Devil's Advocate? Even Satan himself can walk round a church.
Let's bomb Russia!

The Brain

Quote from: Sheilbh on June 02, 2020, 12:15:23 PM
Have we learned nothing from the Devil's Advocate? Even Satan himself can walk round a church.

Trump is no Satan.

merithyn

Quote from: crazy canuck on June 02, 2020, 12:09:55 PM

Good point, he needed to establish some tough guy cred after hiding in the basement on Friday I guess.

Supposedly, this was in direct contrast to the reports coming out that he hid in the basement. He was intentionally trying to show that he's not afraid of the protesters.
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...