Main Menu

What does a TRUMP presidency look like?

Started by FunkMonk, November 08, 2016, 11:02:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Admiral Yi

grumbler

Quote from: Caliga on April 26, 2020, 08:29:30 PM
Who hands out the Noble Prizes?  Queen Elizabeth? :hmm:

A guy named Ig Noble.  And that prize exists.  And Trump should get it.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

The Minsky Moment

Gotta rush out and bring those Lawsuits.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

Sophie Scholl

I though OJ was the peak of audacity for getting off on technicalities and poor prosecution efforts and then bragging about it and rubbing peoples' faces in it, but nope. Trump puts efforts like "If I Did It" to shame.
"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."

Syt

Quote from: Syt on April 26, 2020, 04:47:23 PM
He's probably just sarcastic :P

Called it.

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1254544354603143168?s=19
QuoteDoes anybody get the meaning of what a so-called Noble (not Nobel) Prize is, especially as it pertains to Reporters and Journalists? Noble is defined as, "having or showing fine personal qualities or high moral principles and ideals." Does sarcasm ever work?
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Valmy

Ok so he says I shouldn't believe the media but now he recommends I shouldn't believe what he says either?
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

The Brain

I hate it when his handlers grab his phone when he sleeps and try lame damage control.

Tamas

Please tell me at least there IS a Nobel prize for journalism, because I have never heard of it.

The Brain

Quote from: Tamas on April 27, 2020, 02:39:01 AM
Please tell me at least there IS a Nobel prize for journalism, because I have never heard of it.

It's as real as the Nobel Prize for Economic Sciences. :angry:

Syt

There isn't. Trump was explicitly writing "Noble Prize", though, so he clearly didn't refer to the "Nobel Prize". (see his "explanatory" tweet above)  :rolleyes:
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Tamas

Quote from: Syt on April 27, 2020, 03:24:21 AM

There isn't. Trump was explicitly writing "Noble Prize", though, so he clearly didn't refer to the "Nobel Prize". (see his "explanatory" tweet above)  :rolleyes:

Ah, alright then.

Solmyr

Syt

1,000 Westpoint graduates are called back, so Trump can give their commencement speech.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/04/24/us/politics/coronavirus-trump-west-point.html

QuoteTrump Speech to Bring 1,000 West Point Cadets Back to Campus

The president's off-again, on-again speech in June will bring back cadets who had scattered across the country to help counter the coronavirus.

[...]

General Williams said in a telephone interview that returning seniors would be tested off-campus for the coronavirus. Those who test negative will then be sent to the school, where they will be monitored for 14 days before graduation. While the campus has enough dormitory rooms for the 1,000 seniors, General Williams said that he was still deciding whether seniors would share bedrooms on their return.

"All 1,000 of them will not intermix," he said. "They'll be in their rooms. They'll have their masks on. Groups will be segregated in the mess hall when they eat."

[...]

Gotta get those cool images for the campaign, I guess.
—Stephen Jay Gould

grumbler

Quote from: Solmyr on April 27, 2020, 03:52:04 AM

Actually, that was in response to what was, for Trump, a pretty funny line (... the State Department or, as well like to call it, the deep State department...)
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!