What does a TRUMP presidency look like?

Started by FunkMonk, November 08, 2016, 11:02:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FunkMonk

Jesus, Donald really isn't giving two shits about Puerto Rican voters on the mainland. :lmfao:
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

jimmy olsen

QuoteDonald J. Trump‏
Verified account
@realDonaldTrump

"They say all these people died in the storm in Puerto Rico, [b¥yet 70% of the power was out before the storm.[/b] So when did people start dying? At what point do you recognize that what they are doing is a political agenda couched in the nice language of journalism?"  @GeraldoRivera
Because another hurricane had slammed the island two weeks before you fucking tard.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

11B4V

He can't understand that unless you post on twitter
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

grumbler

QuoteDonald J. Trump‏
Verified account
@realDonaldTrump

"The story of Puerto Rico is the rebuilding that has occurred. The President has done an extraordinary job of cleanup, rebuilding electrical stuff and everything else."  @EdRollins   "The people of Puerto Rico have one of the most corrupt governments in our country." @LouDobbs

Is he really referring to himself in the third person?  I wonder whose account he thought he was scamming this time (a la his doctor with the Trump-written 'physical' that declared that "every test came back positive")?

Once a grifter, always a grifter.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Eddie Teach

I would guess he's quoting the people mentioned. /shrug
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

The Minsky Moment

Although Lou Dobbs is really just Donald Trump, if Trump were less physically fit, more racist, and 10 IQ points lower.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

Admiral Yi

Barrister

Quote from: Admiral Yi on September 16, 2018, 05:31:00 PM
Kavanaugh's accuser has outed herself.  Christine Blaise Ford.

Good.  While victims have every right in the world to stay anonymous, or to not tell their story, an anonymous story really makes it impossible to take any meaningful action on.

And really - as a general rule I tend to believe people who say they are the victim of a sexual offence.  So lets assume this allegation is true.

But... Kavanaugh was in high school.  17 years old.  In this country at least if he was convicted of the offence his record would have long ago been held to be non-discloseable.  What does a serious misdead in high school tell us about Kavanaugh's ability to be a good justice now in his 50s?

I don't know the answer.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Admiral Yi

He has categorically denied everything, so if you think she's telling the truth it's an easier call.  At least for me.

PDH

Quote from: Barrister on September 16, 2018, 07:13:31 PM

But... Kavanaugh was in high school.  17 years old.  In this country at least if he was convicted of the offence his record would have long ago been held to be non-discloseable.  What does a serious misdead in high school tell us about Kavanaugh's ability to be a good justice now in his 50s?

I don't know the answer.

If the person says "I was 18, and it was a different time and I was immature....then there might be cause for thought, perhaps...  If the person denies it, then what?"
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

The Minsky Moment

What does a serious misdead in high school tell us about Kavanaugh's ability to be a good justice now in his 50s?

Nothing.

What tells you about his ability to be a good justice is that when Clinton was President he advanced extreme views about standards for impeachment - e.g. lying to the public was grounds for impeachment (imagine applying that standard now!)  He masterminded an investigative strategy that involved using a civil deposition of the President and took the position at the time the President should have to answer such civil charges.

Then, during the Bush administration - he completely flipped 180 degrees to become an extreme advocate of Presidential power and now condemns the Clinton v Jones precedent he once championed.

If you want to rip the blindfold off Lady Justice, Kavanaugh's your guy.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

Barrister

Quote from: The Minsky Moment on September 16, 2018, 09:54:22 PM
What does a serious misdead in high school tell us about Kavanaugh's ability to be a good justice now in his 50s?

Nothing.

What tells you about his ability to be a good justice is that when Clinton was President he advanced extreme views about standards for impeachment - e.g. lying to the public was grounds for impeachment (imagine applying that standard now!)  He masterminded an investigative strategy that involved using a civil deposition of the President and took the position at the time the President should have to answer such civil charges.

Then, during the Bush administration - he completely flipped 180 degrees to become an extreme advocate of Presidential power and now condemns the Clinton v Jones precedent he once championed.

As a career public servant, I find the argument that "positions you took on orders of your boss were inconsistent" to be less than persuasive.

Come on - your an attorney.  Unless you're instructed to argue an illegal or somehow unconscionable position, you argue the position you're been instructed to argue.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Barrister on September 16, 2018, 10:24:20 PM
Quote from: The Minsky Moment on September 16, 2018, 09:54:22 PM

Nothing.

As a career public servant, I find the argument that "positions you took on orders of your boss were inconsistent" to be less than persuasive.

Come on - your an attorney.  Unless you're instructed to argue an illegal or somehow unconscionable position, you argue the position you're been instructed to argue.

When the position you argue is "my boss should be a dictator unaccountable to the rule of law", you should be judged for that position.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Admiral Yi

What was his job when he was arguing for impeachment Joan?

DGuller

I don't know the answer.
I'm not the one to condone persecuting someone for the rest of their life, because they're branded as a sex offender, but I that think forcible rape attempt at any age is a permanent mark against you as a human being.  I think expecting Supreme Court justices to not be attempted rapists is a reasonable requirement, apart from their legal record.