What does a TRUMP presidency look like?

Started by FunkMonk, November 08, 2016, 11:02:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimmy olsen

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

DGuller

Quote from: The Minsky Moment on September 14, 2018, 02:42:56 PM
On Trump's logic, no one ever dies from smoking, obesity, or asbestos exposure. Estimates for those causes are based on increases in mortality risk and rates; studies use a similar  methodology as here - sampling and comparison of mortality rates. 

The Tobacco Institute lives.
I wonder if anyone has done a similar kind of estimate for other hurricanes, the ones where we also know the ground truth.  I'd certainly very much want to do that if I were doing that kind of study, because there is a potential for conflating factors that are impossible to control for.

Razgovory

Quote from: The Minsky Moment on September 14, 2018, 02:42:56 PM
On Trump's logic, no one ever dies from smoking, obesity, or asbestos exposure. Estimates for those causes are based on increases in mortality risk and rates; studies use a similar  methodology as here - sampling and comparison of mortality rates. 

The Tobacco Institute lives.

I believe Trump is pro-asbestos.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Valmy

Well I am sure he was during his slum lord days but I am pretty sure nobody is pro-asbestos anymore   :P
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Tonitrus

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Valmy on September 14, 2018, 08:57:43 PM
Well I am sure he was during his slum lord days but I am pretty sure nobody is pro-asbestos anymore   :P

Didn't his EPA just propose loosing the rules regarding the use of asbestos or some such?

A Russian asbestos company is already cashing in by stamping Trump's face on their product.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/business/wp/2018/07/11/approved-by-donald-trump-asbestos-sold-by-russian-company-is-branded-with-the-presidents-face/?noredirect=on&utm_term=.875fee882827
QuoteA Russian asbestos company that operates a giant mine in the Ural Mountains is marketing its wares with President Trump's image, according to photos it posted on social media, citing former EPA administrator Scott Pruitt as well as Trump's outspoken support for the carcinogen.

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
1 Karma Chameleon point

Barrister

How dare you slander the residents of Asbestos, Quebec. :mad:
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Valmy

Quote from: jimmy olsen on September 14, 2018, 09:58:25 PM

Didn't his EPA just propose loosing the rules regarding the use of asbestos or some such?

A Russian asbestos company is already cashing in by stamping Trump's face on their product.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/business/wp/2018/07/11/approved-by-donald-trump-asbestos-sold-by-russian-company-is-branded-with-the-presidents-face/?noredirect=on&utm_term=.875fee882827
QuoteA Russian asbestos company that operates a giant mine in the Ural Mountains is marketing its wares with President Trump's image, according to photos it posted on social media, citing former EPA administrator Scott Pruitt as well as Trump's outspoken support for the carcinogen.

Wait does Asbestos have some kind of application still? People spent so much many getting rid of it I cannot believe anybody would be fiscally suicidal enough to still use it as a building material.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

DGuller

I'm sure that for many in the current administration, wearing asbestos pants is the safer alternative.

Tonitrus

Quote from: Valmy on September 14, 2018, 10:29:16 PM
Quote from: jimmy olsen on September 14, 2018, 09:58:25 PM
Russian

Wait does Asbestos have some kind of application still? People spent so much many getting rid of it I cannot believe anybody would be fiscally suicidal enough to still use it as a building material.

:secret:

Syt

Quote from: jimmy olsen on September 14, 2018, 05:58:13 PM
A woman has accused Kavanaugh of trying to rape her during high school.

https://www.newyorker.com/news/news-desk/a-sexual-misconduct-allegation-against-the-supreme-court-nominee-brett-kavanaugh-stirs-tension-among-democrats-in-congress

The other side has released a counter-letter signed by over 60 women who went to schools in the area (Kavanaugh was at an all boys school) attesting to his character:

https://www.judiciary.senate.gov/imo/media/doc/2018-09-14%2065%20Women%20who%20know%20Kavanaugh%20from%20High%20School%20-%20Kavanaugh%20Nomination.pdf

I'm sure any of us could find 60 or so female character witnesses attesting to our impeccable character when we were students. :P Damn, I don't know if I ever talked to that many girls during my school days. :D
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Admiral Yi

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Syt on September 15, 2018, 12:42:53 AM
Quote from: jimmy olsen on September 14, 2018, 05:58:13 PM
A woman has accused Kavanaugh of trying to rape her during high school.

https://www.newyorker.com/news/news-desk/a-sexual-misconduct-allegation-against-the-supreme-court-nominee-brett-kavanaugh-stirs-tension-among-democrats-in-congress

The other side has released a counter-letter signed by over 60 women who went to schools in the area (Kavanaugh was at an all boys school) attesting to his character:

https://www.judiciary.senate.gov/imo/media/doc/2018-09-14%2065%20Women%20who%20know%20Kavanaugh%20from%20High%20School%20-%20Kavanaugh%20Nomination.pdf

I'm sure any of us could find 60 or so female character witnesses attesting to our impeccable character when we were students. :P Damn, I don't know if I ever talked to that many girls during my school days. :D

That they had that ready to go makes it clear they expected this accusation

1 Karma Chameleon point

Eddie Teach

Eh, they have a lot of resources available.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Syt

QuoteDonald J. Trump‏
Verified account
@realDonaldTrump

"When Trump visited the island territory last October, OFFICIALS told him in a briefing 16 PEOPLE had died from Maria." The Washington Post. This was long AFTER the hurricane took place. Over many months it went to 64 PEOPLE. Then, like magic, "3000 PEOPLE KILLED." They hired....

....GWU Research to tell them how many people had died in Puerto Rico (how would they not know this?). This method was never done with previous hurricanes because other jurisdictions know how many people were killed. FIFTY TIMES LAST ORIGINAL NUMBER - NO WAY!

QuoteDonald J. Trump‏
Verified account
@realDonaldTrump

"They say all these people died in the storm in Puerto Rico, yet 70% of the power was out before the storm. So when did people start dying? At what point do you recognize that what they are doing is a political agenda couched in the nice language of journalism?"  @GeraldoRivera

QuoteDonald J. Trump‏
Verified account
@realDonaldTrump

"The story of Puerto Rico is the rebuilding that has occurred. The President has done an extraordinary job of cleanup, rebuilding electrical stuff and everything else."  @EdRollins   "The people of Puerto Rico have one of the most corrupt governments in our country." @LouDobbs
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.