What does a TRUMP presidency look like?

Started by FunkMonk, November 08, 2016, 11:02:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimmy olsen

:yucky:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/woman-shares-new-evidence-of-relationship-with-roy-moore-when-she-was-17/2017/12/04/0c3d1cde-d903-11e7-a841-2066faf731ef_story.html?utm_term=.f0fe8f0b3bab

The scrapbook also contained a photo of Gibson as a high school senior, and when she saw it, she said, she thought to herself, "That's the age I was when I dated Roy Moore, because my braces were off."
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Razgovory

I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Razgovory on December 04, 2017, 11:45:13 PM
God, this is depressing. :(

Hey, it's Alabama.  You know why they have runoff races down there in the first place?  If, by chance, a negro managed to get through the initial primary system, a runoff gave the voters a second chance to eliminate any darkie that made it that far from contention altogether.

So yeah, then of course it makes perfect sense they'll send a a kiddiefucker judge twice-removed from the bench that had been banned from the mall for skeeving on the teenyboppers like Max Cady in Cape Fear.

Fuck, Sherman should've destroyed those Gulf coast states with a level of total systematic barbarism with which we eradicated German and Japanese militarism.

DGuller

HisMajestyBOB

The RNC is funding the pedophile's campaign again too.
Three lovely Prada points for HoI2 help

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

garbon

We've some fucked up policies. :(

https://www.politico.com/story/2017/12/04/trump-israel-jerusalem-violence-279735

QuoteState Department warns of violence ahead of Trump Jerusalem decision

The State Department has warned American embassies worldwide to heighten security ahead of a possible announcement Wednesday by President Donald Trump that the U.S. recognizes Jerusalem as the capital of Israel.

The warning — delivered in the past week via two classified cables described by State Department officials — reflects concern that such an announcement could provoke fury in the Arab world even as Trump's son-in-law Jared Kushner works to advance long-stalled peace talks between Israelis and Palestinians.

Some Arab leaders have implored Trump not to change longstanding American policy on Jerusalem, saying it could make any peace agreement impossible and that it would spark mass protests and even terrorism. The militant group Hamas has already called for a new Palestinian "intifada," or uprising, if Trump declares Jerusalem the capital of the Jewish-majority state.

"The impending Jerusalem announcement has me very worried about the possibility of violent responses that could affect embassies," one State Department official told POLITICO. "I hope I'm wrong."

U.S. embassies have been targets of violent demonstrations in the Muslim world before. In September 2012, anger over an inflammatory anti-Muslim video sparked protests outside U.S. embassies in numerous countries, including Yemen, Egypt and Pakistan, and Islamic terrorists exploiting a related action in Benghazi, Libya, killed four Americans there.

Trump is expected to discuss his view on Jerusalem during a speech at the National Defense University on Wednesday.

Jerusalem's status has been disputed for decades, with both Palestinians and Israelis claiming the holy city as their capital. Most nations, including the U.S., have declined to recognize Jerusalem as Israel's capital, saying its status must be resolved as part of peace talks between the two sides. Palestinians insist the city's fate cannot be determined without their involvement.

It remains unclear what Trump will say on Wednesday. Regional experts said the prospects for violence — and potential threats to U.S. embassies in the Arab world and beyond — depend on the specific formulation of his position.

Trump promised as a candidate to move the U.S. embassy from Tel Aviv to Jerusalem, fulfilling a longtime conservative foreign policy goal. But past presidents have made the same promise only to drop the idea once in the White House, citing security concerns and the fate of the peace process.

Under a 1995 law passed by Congress, the U.S. president must recognize Jerusalem as Israel's capital and begin relocating the American embassy from Tel Aviv — or else issue a declaration every six months that such a move would conflict with America's national security interests. Trump signed one waiver in June. Another was expected Friday but the White House said Monday that it had no announcement on the subject, leaving observers waiting for Wednesday's speech to reveal Trump's decision.

Trump could try to split the difference by saying Jerusalem is Israel's capital and should remain undivided while also keeping the U.S. embassy in Tel Aviv for now.

Even that compromise could enrage Palestinians and other Arabs, however.

"The most important thing is the recognition — nobody cares where the embassy is," said Rashid Khalidi, a Columbia University professor and prominent Palestinian advocate. "The U.S. disqualifies itself as an honest broker by wholeheartedly adopting an Israeli position."
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

CountDeMoney

dps

Quote from: CountDeMoney on December 05, 2017, 12:13:07 AM

Fuck, Sherman should've destroyed those Gulf coast states with a level of total systematic barbarism with which we eradicated German and Japanese militarism.

Yeah, pretty much what I've always said.  Anybody who was a US citizen before the war and served in the Confederate government or armed forces should have been hanged for treason.

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

The Brain

A citizen standing in arms against the Republic on the field of battle pretty much defines traditional treason.

Eddie Teach

A country executing a half million people pretty much defines tyranny.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

garbon

Quote from: Eddie Teach on December 05, 2017, 05:52:51 PM

Still probably would have been better off.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

The Brain

Quote from: Eddie Teach on December 05, 2017, 05:52:51 PM

The same state was a slave state just a few short years before. It's not like it would make a big difference in the big moral reckoning.