Main Menu

What does a TRUMP presidency look like?

Started by FunkMonk, November 08, 2016, 11:02:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tamas

Quote from: Maladict on May 18, 2017, 06:53:55 AM
Someone let him log on to twitter again  :lol:

Donald J. Trump‏Verified account @realDonaldTrump 13m13 minutes ago

With all of the illegal acts that took place in the Clinton campaign & Obama Administration, there was never a special councel appointed!

QuoteDonald J. Trump‏Verified account @realDonaldTrump 1m1 minute ago

This is the single greatest witch hunt of a politician in American history!

I think at this stage he must be hiding his phone from his daughter, so it doesn't get permanently taken from him.

Malthus

To go back to the thread title:

QuoteTopic: What does a TRUMP presidency look like?

Well, now we know.  :)

:cry:
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

derspiess

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Grey Fox

Quote from: CountDeMoney on May 17, 2017, 10:12:58 PM
Dumbasses have no idea that the federal government is nothing more than:

1) your local DMV customer service desk, but with better pensions
2) 11Bravo and a shitload of carry-out menus
3) Chelsea Manning

I asked my crazy conspiracy nut co-worker who is the Deep State.

The Deep state is the NSA.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

DGuller

Wouldn't it be fitting karma if Roger Ailes's death were completely overshadowed by the end result of his life's work?

Caliga

Quote from: DGuller on May 18, 2017, 08:06:33 AM
Wouldn't it be fitting karma if Roger Ailes's death were completely overshadowed by the end result of his life's work?
I just saw that he died. :wacko:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Monoriu

The Trump presidency is a lot worse than my most pessimistic expectation.  I fully expected that it would be bad.  Just not this bad. 

DGuller

Anyone who expected him to "hire good people to run things" never watched a single episode of The Apprentice.  Even with all the benefits of editing Trump came off as a pompous ass who expected complete and unconditional obedience from the executives he dragged on the show.  Even if the people you hire are good, if you manage them like an autocratic buffoon, you won't get the goodness out of them.

derspiess

Quote from: DGuller on May 18, 2017, 08:46:36 AM
Anyone who expected him to "hire good people to run things" never watched a single episode of The Apprentice.  Even with all the benefits of editing Trump came off as a pompous ass who expected complete and unconditional obedience from the executives he dragged on the show.  Even if the people you hire are good, if you manage them like an autocratic buffoon, you won't get the goodness out of them.

Prior to the show, I was kind of neutral on Trump.  But after watching the first season of The Apprentice I really started disliking him.  Sometimes he'd come up with the most arbitrary shit to fire someone over, and I just couldn't stand his personality.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Grey Fox on May 18, 2017, 07:57:20 AM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on May 17, 2017, 10:12:58 PM
Dumbasses have no idea that the federal government is nothing more than:

1) your local DMV customer service desk, but with better pensions
2) 11Bravo and a shitload of carry-out menus
3) Chelsea Manning

I asked my crazy conspiracy nut co-worker who is the Deep State.

The Deep state is the NSA.

LOL, NSA.  Warcraft chimps hopped up on Moutaim Dew Code Red with clearances.

Grey Fox

That's the definition of the Deep State. Pencil pusher that control in the shadow.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Grey Fox on May 18, 2017, 09:44:31 AM
That's the definition of the Deep State. Pencil pusher that control in the shadow.

No it's not.  NSA script kiddies and code monkeys don't declare states of emergency or invalidate elections. Stop being silly.

Syt

Quote from: Syt on November 08, 2016, 11:06:14 PM
Libel laws for the media, backed by a friendly SCOTUS. Attempt to withdraw from international agreements. Increasing debt. Less support for disadvantaged groups.

Generally chaotic, disorganized, and stirring shit up if it's good for ratings.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Tamas

Quote from: DGuller on May 18, 2017, 08:46:36 AM

I am sorry but up until now, watching old quasi-reality TV shows was not the way to study how US policy is made.

The Minsky Moment

Quote from: viper37 on May 17, 2017, 10:54:27 PM
Quote from: The Minsky Moment on May 17, 2017, 03:27:21 PM
It basically means something that's really bad.
like having an affair in the oval office?

It's supposed to involve an abuse of public trust.  An affair would not ordinarily involve such abuse unless it involved diversion of public funds or (like Petraeus) unauthorized transmission of state secrets. 

But at the end of the day, its whatever Congress says it is.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson