And we're back!

Main Menu

What does a TRUMP presidency look like?

Started by FunkMonk, November 08, 2016, 11:02:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mongers

Quote from: CountDeMoney on May 17, 2017, 07:06:13 PM
Quote from: mongers on May 17, 2017, 06:53:13 PM
I don't disagree with most of what you've said about Trump, but I don't see nuclear weapons ever being lobbed about, if he goes 'mad', sensible minds in the military will intervene to counter those orders, even if it means court-martial or even summary execution during a crisis.

You're assuming we go Happy Birthday first.

Apropos nothing in particular, but I remember as a 10 year old being fascinated by Watergate, today felt a little like that long ago time of 16mm news camera and early video units.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Ed Anger

I'm glad I didn't apply for a job in the trump admin. Like they hired many to begin with.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

DGuller

Quote from: jimmy olsen on May 17, 2017, 06:53:11 PM
Trump just hit a new low in the 538 approval poll tracker

54.3% Negative
39.7% Positive

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/trump-approval-ratings/
And yet 40% are still approving.  America has become one big Jonestown.

CountDeMoney

This foreign trip is going to be hilarious.  That maniac and all those dysfunctional sycophants trapped in an aluminum tube for 10 days?  It's going to be Murder on the Orient Express, but with two scoops of stupid.

11B4V

He has got to be utterly insufferable to be around.

BTW Where's Bannon?
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

CountDeMoney

Apparently Bannon was tasked with damage control with the communications angle, trying to get these mooks on the same pages.  Unfortunately, it's not their fault they're told what to say and then there's a rewrite  :lol:

And yeah, apparently he's been on full rage-boil since the Yates testimony.  Just doesn't understand why things we don't like can't go away.  Make go away!  Head hurt!  Fire bad!  TRUMP SMASH!

Ed Anger

Quote from: 11B4V on May 17, 2017, 08:26:49 PM
He has got to be utterly insufferable to be around.

BTW Where's Bannon?

Named commander of the DC citadel.

Yes, I watched Downfall again recently.

CountDeMoney

Ed Anger

Hope Hicks is manning a 88 near the mall.

grumbler

Quote from: Ed Anger on May 17, 2017, 08:36:07 PM
Hope Hicks is manning a 88 near the mall.

You hope in vain.  Hicks is no longer with us.  :(

(Yes, I know what he meant)
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

jimmy olsen

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

11B4V

Meanwhile in crazyland....

Hannity said the five groups were the "destroy-Trump propaganda media," the Democrats, the deep-state establishment within the bureaucracy, establishment Republicans and "NeverTrump-ers."
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

CountDeMoney

Enough with the "Deep State" bullshit already. :bleeding:

Valmy

He left out the sixth and by far most effective group: Trump himself.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

The Minsky Moment

The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson