Started by Hamilcar, November 06, 2016, 09:45:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tamas

Quote from: Razgovory on November 06, 2016, 03:47:50 PM
Quote from: Admiral Yi on November 06, 2016, 03:39:21 PM
Quote from: Eddie Teach on November 06, 2016, 03:37:29 PM
Why would it move underground?

Hard to shoot.

he's also unaware there are lots of ways to stop an anti-tank missile.

Yeah I am sure he hasn't had as nice a view of the modern battlefield as you.

DGuller

grumbler

Quote from: Tamas on November 07, 2016, 09:08:03 AM
Quote from: Razgovory on November 06, 2016, 03:47:50 PM
he's also unaware there are lots of ways to stop an anti-tank missile.

Yeah I am sure he hasn't had as nice a view of the modern battlefield as you.

Siege probably doesn't even know how many action points it takes to fire a Javelin. 
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Razgovory

I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Valmy

Look I know Siege says some pretty absurd things on this board about many different things but surely his many years of service in two different modern militaries gives him some cred on these kinds of things.

Besides the last time I recall the US using tanks was the 1990 Gulf War.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

derspiess

Quote from: Valmy on November 07, 2016, 10:13:12 AM
Look I know Siege says some pretty absurd things on this board about many different things but surely his many years of service in two different modern militaries gives him some cred on these kinds of things.

:huh:
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Valmy

:huh:

Meaning that he is probably correct that they are not really that useful in modern warfare.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

MadBurgerMaker

Quote from: Valmy on November 07, 2016, 10:24:17 AM
Meaning that he is probably correct that they are not really that useful in modern warfare.

You don't remember us using tanks in Iraq?   :huh:

E:  Wrong quote. 
QuoteBesides the last time I recall the US using tanks was the 1990 Gulf War.

Berkut

Quote from: Valmy on November 07, 2016, 10:13:12 AM

It gives him cred on how he fought, I don't think it gives him much cred on the imminent domination of the new battlefield with burrowing robots.

Once you get out of his area of direct expertise, he goes straight to cuckoo land on almost all topics.

You haven't been paying much attention.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Valmy

MadBurgerMaker

Quote from: Valmy on November 07, 2016, 10:28:31 AM
Not really.

Dude, really?  You don't at least remember the mechanized columns rolling down Iraqi highways with idiot embedded reporters hanging off of every other vehicle right at the beginning?  There were tanks all over the place.

Alcibiades

Wait...  What would you know about masculinity, you fucking faggot?  - Overly Autistic Neil

OTOH, if you think that a Jew actually IS poisoning the wells you should call the cops. IMHO.   - The Brain

Berkut

We used tanks in Iraq during the second invasion, and used them throughout the counter-insurgency war as well.

They have somewhat limited use in counter-insurgency of course, but they are hardly useless.

And there is a reason we only fight counter-insurgency wars these days - because our conventional capability is great enough nobody bothers to challenge us conventionally.

That hardly means that our conventional capabilities are not useful - almost exactly the opposite in fact.

0 rows returned

alfred russel

Quote from: Berkut on November 07, 2016, 10:27:29 AM

Once you get out of his area of direct expertise, he goes straight to cuckoo land on almost all topics.

Many visionaries were thought to inhabit cuckoo land. Everyone from Tesla to Newton to Einstein to Jim Jones, David Koresh, and L. Ron Hubbard has been dismissed by some as crazy.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

Berkut

Quote from: alfred russel on November 07, 2016, 10:40:53 AM
Quote from: Berkut on November 07, 2016, 10:27:29 AM

Many visionaries were thought to inhabit cuckoo land. Everyone from Tesla to Newton to Einstein to Jim Jones, David Koresh, and L. Ron Hubbard has been dismissed by some as crazy.

This is true.

I am willing to confidently say that Siege will not end up in the set of "thought to be crazy" people that is inhabited by the likes of newton or Einstein.

I sure hope he doesn't end up in the set inhabited by Hubbard or Jim Jones.

0 rows returned