Daily Mail: Putin's new 'super tank' leaves West totally outgunned

Started by Hamilcar, November 06, 2016, 09:45:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Valmy

Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Eddie Teach

Quote from: The Brain on November 07, 2016, 04:39:23 PM
Is anything a battlefield with your definition? What about love?

Love is only a battlefield to young people, which rules out Languish.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Berkut

Love is a battlefield the way down Hiroshima was a battlefield.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

garbon

Quote from: Eddie Teach on November 07, 2016, 04:43:13 PM
Quote from: The Brain on November 07, 2016, 04:39:23 PM
Is anything a battlefield with your definition? What about love?

Love is only a battlefield to young people, which rules out Languish.

But Languish could be a battlefield. Seeds and Mart have been effective at getting people to want to bail.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

citizen k

CountDeMoney

Quote from: garbon on November 07, 2016, 04:45:00 PM
But Languish could be a battlefield. Seeds and Mart have been effective at getting people to want to bail.

I merely outsource. The Free Market fucknuts should appreciate that.

Admiral Yi

Quote from: citizen k on November 07, 2016, 05:18:32 PM
Iraq - M1 Abrams tank massive cook off after ATGM hit by IS near Qayyarah 24/10
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VWXIhXJktmM

I always figured they flew a lot straighter than that.

Eddie Teach

Quote from: CountDeMoney on November 07, 2016, 05:52:28 PM
Quote from: garbon on November 07, 2016, 04:45:00 PM

I merely outsource. The Free Market fucknuts should appreciate that.

I'm not following your analogy.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Razgovory

Quote from: alfred russel on November 07, 2016, 04:15:01 PM
Quote from: Berkut on November 07, 2016, 04:13:10 PM
Quote from: The Brain on November 07, 2016, 04:10:34 PM
The infantryman is obsolete because now we have cheap plentiful weapons that can kill him.

Except that we do not, in fact, have such things. Killing infantryman is actually quite hard. They are small, easily concealed, and generally pretty smart and good at evading weapons.

For a given unit of infantryman, it is quite difficult to render it combat ineffective.

Artillery was effective in WWI. Artillery has gotten better since then; infantry defenses not as much.

Quite the contrary.  An infantry man often rides in a min-tank.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

mongers

You guys need another major Middle East adventure, so you can put this matter to bed.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

DGuller

Quote from: alfred russel on November 07, 2016, 04:15:01 PM
Artillery was effective in WWI. Artillery has gotten better since then; infantry defenses not as much.
:yeahright: Except for body armor, motorized armored vehicles, and counter-battery radars.

Habbaku

The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Admiral Yi

Tonitrus

Quote from: mongers on November 07, 2016, 06:45:19 PM
You guys need another major Middle East adventure, so you can put this matter to bed.

I think a better test would be to grant a number of M1s to Poland and let them invade Belarus.

mongers

Quote from: Tonitrus on November 07, 2016, 09:01:02 PM
Quote from: mongers on November 07, 2016, 06:45:19 PM

I think a better test would be to grant a number of M1s to Poland and let them invade Belarus.

That on top of Poland reintroducing conscription, would be a perfect solution.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"