Which President Are You Most Similar To?

Started by jimmy olsen, October 04, 2016, 06:37:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimmy olsen

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Savonarola

In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace—and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock

celedhring

Agelastus

"Come grow old with me
The Best is yet to be
The last of life for which the first was made."

11B4V

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

mongers

"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

dps

Good Lord, I got Woodrow Wilson.  Kill me now.

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

DGuller

Quote from: dps on October 04, 2016, 07:11:09 PM
Good Lord, I got Woodrow Wilson.  Kill me now.
At least you didn't get Jimmy Carter.  :cry:

Grinning_Colossus

Also Truman. The reaction to the MacArthur thread is making more sense now.
Quis futuit ipsos fututores?

derspiess

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

HVC

Ulysses S. Grant was raised in southern Ohio in a poor family. He used the Army to escape his origins. He was a quiet, often irascible man. Yet he was a very hard worker, and a diligent taskmaster. He was also a hard drinker and smoked several cigars a day. While he was personally ethical, his associates were embroiled in an embarrassing number of scandals during his time as President. He had a number of strange personality quirks and superstitions. Grant was not refined or worldly, but his performance during the Civil War leaves absolutely no doubt as to the brilliance of his mind.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Valmy

Benjamin Harrison. Well I don't know what to say.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

11B4V

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".