The Presidential Debate, "Episode 1: The Phantom Menace" Megathread

Started by CountDeMoney, September 26, 2016, 06:50:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Legbiter on September 28, 2016, 05:57:52 AM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on September 26, 2016, 09:50:37 PM
Quote from: Barrister on September 26, 2016, 09:47:55 PM
Well I thought Clinton dominated.  But then again I can't understand how Trump ever got this far in the first place.

So watch the pundits call the debate for Clinton, and Trump gain three points in the polls.

:yes:

You guys should be on television wearing ties.

QuotePost Debate Poll: Clinton Won on Performance, Trump Won Votes.

A Post Debate Poll conducted after the presidential showdown at Hofstra University finds Hillary Clinton put on the best performance, but Donald Trump won votes. While voters 47% to 44% think that Mrs. Clinton "won the first presidential debate," Mr. Trump won over undecided voters who changed their mind by nearly a 3 to 1 margin.

Nine percent (9%) were undecided on the question of who won the debate.

Among those who were undecided (5%) before the debate, 31% changed their mind and now say they'll support the New York businessman. By comparison, only 11% of previously undecided voters said they will now vote for the former secretary of state.

https://www.peoplespunditdaily.com/polls/2016/09/27/post-debate-poll-clinton-won-performance-trump-won-votes/

Who the hell is peoples punditry?
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

FunkMonk

Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

FunkMonk

The new PBS Frontline has an interesting look at the life of Donald Trump (and Hillary too). Little Donnie was a cute kid  :cry:

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/frontline/film/the-choice-2016/
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Razgovory

I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Grinning_Colossus

Polish man thinks Trump is very smart:

In Florida, Trump fans plead in one voice: 'Hit Clinton harder'

Donald Trump spent the day after the Big Debate claiming - in tweets, press releases and interviews - that he won the showdown with Hillary Clinton.

Some of his supporters here in Melbourne, Florida, weren't so sure, but they came to his Tuesday night rally by the thousands anyway, to shower their candidate with love and adulation.

"I've never seen anything like this before," Pat Miller, a retiree who has lived in Melbourne for 50 years, said of the massive turnout for the campaign event in the usually sleepy coastal town.
She added that she was hoping to get "our Trump back" after what she said was his less than aggressive performance in the debate. "I think he needs to hit her harder."

She wasn't alone.

Janusz Biskupek, a Polish immigrant from Boca Raton who works in a window and door factory, said Mr Trump should fire his debate advisers.
"I don't kiss asses," said Mr Biskupek, dressed in a white racing outfit with "Donald you are the future" printed on it. "I didn't like the debate, and I want him to be more prepared next time. Mr Trump is very smart, but he doesn't have experience in politics."

The queue for Tuesday night's rally at a local airport hangar snaked out across a wide parking lot, to a nearby road and back again.
The crowd of 7,500 - with thousands more held outside by the fire marshal - cheered when the Trump-emblazoned aeroplane taxied to the hangar, as the soundtrack to the action film Air Force One blared over loudspeakers. Lightning struck from dark clouds in the distance, setting the scene for a grand theatrical entrance.

They went into a frenzy when the door opened and Mr Trump emerged.
And they chanted and waved their signs as Mr Trump took to the stage and boasted that the polls (albeit online and very unscientific) showed he had prevailed against his Democratic opponent.

http://www.bbc.com/news/election-us-2016-37497555
Quis futuit ipsos fututores?

The Minsky Moment

He whines, wheezes, blames his performance on the microphone and then complains tough guy Lester Holt put him off his game.

Donald Trump must be the most pathetic excuse for an alpha male in history.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

celedhring

The few Trump idiots I have in my FB are starting to trot the line that Lester Holt was "prejudiced" against Trump. Which I take it to be dog whistle talk to mean he's black.  :hmm:

I should unfriend those chaps, but I guess I need that window to the other side.

The Minsky Moment

Quote from: jimmy olsen on September 28, 2016, 08:04:19 AM

Probably the same "polls" Trump was tweeting about showing him the big victor: Drudge, Fox 5 San Diego (:lol:), "Patch," Pravda, Breitbart.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

Razgovory

Quote from: The Minsky Moment on September 28, 2016, 12:36:07 PM
Quote from: jimmy olsen on September 28, 2016, 08:04:19 AM

Probably the same "polls" Trump was tweeting about showing him the big victor: Drudge, Fox 5 San Diego ( :lol: ), "Patch," Pravda, Breitbart.

And CBS!  Shame they didn't do a poll.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Jacob

Malthus

Quote from: Jacob on September 28, 2016, 02:01:25 PM
Quote from: Siege on September 28, 2016, 07:39:21 AM
If Clinton wins the election i am moving to Canada.

Which part of Canada are you thinking?

Hey Siege, I hear Vancouver is lovely.  :)
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Admiral Yi

Jew-friendly survivalists might be thin on the ground.

Would have been much more rational for Seeb to latch onto the country club wing of the GOP.  Which I guess he tried to do for a while before the shiny Trump ball caught his attention.

The Minsky Moment

He doesn't realize that one Trump's trade wars shut down imports of raw materials from China and disrupts the entire electronic hardware supply chain, he can kiss his precious singularity goodbye in his lifetime.
--Joan Robinson

Jacob

Quote from: Malthus on September 28, 2016, 02:04:55 PM
Hey Siege, I hear Vancouver is lovely.  :)

We do have a reasonably sized Jewish community, but the West Coast may be a little too flaky and liberal for our friend.

But if you do come here Siege, I'll be happy to buy you a Tecate Light :cheers: